What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

franklin2323

Immortal
It is expensive, also being at ANZ won't help neutrals. I am sorry but sure as a member or a fan you will cop the trek to ANZ, but as a neutral, meh you would stay in the city and watch it at a pub with full strength beer. Just the way it is.

Members got heaps cheaper tickets for starters I got 20m line for $15. Even as a non member $50 isn't too bad to watch my team play for the GF. If we weren't there.... No chance viewing is terrible from most of the seats.

guyver78

Juniors
Burrow once again sold out and Category 1 taking you to the side Level 4 East 411 so ticket sales must have moved a fair bit since this morning for Souths.

Roosters Chookpen still unsold and Category 1 still takes you to Aisle 110 so hoping that Roosters sales pick up a bit.

TimmyB

Juniors
Could only get 3 Category 3 seats together for Saturday night in the alcohol free zone... Surely that's a good sign?

Saint Doc

Coach
The fact the NRL did jump on this and make it an East vs West ticket battle similar to the old membership battles belies belief

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I'm starting to think not to many neutrals will turn up to either game... The media has drummed it into everyone that the NRL is corrupt and to expensive!

Yeah I haven't seen many neutrals at finals games I have attended in the past 2 years. When our event games are priced pretty highly and the GF next week which normally has tones of neutrals then you are really reducing the number of neutral fans who can and will attend. Maybe a couple of thousand on Friday night of that, will be more like

30k souths
20k easts
10k between members and neutrals

lockyno1

Post Whore
Members got heaps cheaper tickets for starters I got 20m line for $15. Even as a non member $50 isn't too bad to watch my team play for the GF. If we weren't there.... No chance viewing is terrible from most of the seats.

That is the thing though, as a neutral for most that is a $100-150 night. Now for you and me, I'd cop it but for most neutrals it is too expensive especially for seats that are average. Neutrals are where you increase the crowd from 55K to 80K. These tickets should be no more than $20-25 even in a finals game. Most neutrals will buy lets say 3-4 beers, that is $35-40 at ANZ. Too expensive for most neutrals. The NRL has priced their way out of an 80K crowd.

Chook Norris

First Grade
in my opinion, unless you get expensive seats, sit behind the posts for the best view at anz.

A lot of people seem to think this, but jeez I cant stand watching a game from behind the posts

Having said that, I am tempted to go with the $15 tickets (For telstra customers) behind the posts

ouwet

Bench
Could only get 3 Category 3 seats together for Saturday night in the alcohol free zone... Surely that's a good sign?

It's only half a bay.

PAX at 1.30ish was around the 27K mark, so it only moved just over 1000 in 5 hours this morning.

papabear

Juniors
A lot of people seem to think this, but jeez I cant stand watching a game from behind the posts

Having said that, I am tempted to go with the $15 tickets (For telstra customers) behind the posts
You get good height and its easy to read where the space in the line is at.

Not good for the contest around the ball, but yeah you will be able to watch the play pretty well from there, especially when a side is running towards you.

Chook Norris

First Grade
They are currently selling Cat 2 on level 6 currently with a parallel view.

Are you going through ticketek online? I have found some on level 6, but they're in the Rabbitohs section. Roosters section doesn't appear to be selling there through online yet

insert.pause

First Grade
Tempted to sit behind the posts, lol. I am holding out for category 2 seats more parallel to the field rather than sh*t seats in the corner. I am going. You can relax, bro

fair enough, I honestly wouldn't care where I sat if I was a supporter of either club, it's a historic game. As a neutral it's worth going just so you can potentially say you were there when souths made their first GF since 1971.

belmore eel

Juniors
That is the thing though, as a neutral for most that is a $100-150 night. Now for you and me, I'd cop it but for most neutrals it is too expensive especially for seats that are average. Neutrals are where you increase the crowd from 55K to 80K. These tickets should be no more than $20-25 even in a finals game. Most neutrals will buy lets say 3-4 beers, that is $35-40 at ANZ. Too expensive for most neutrals. The NRL has priced their way out of an 80K crowd.
Or maybe, the crowds that do turn up are all that these teams can attract. Ffs what major comp in the world allows free junior pass entry to their grand final qualifiers. All the excuses for not attending are crap - the people that really want to be there, will get there - no excuses

morley101

Juniors
Are you going through ticketek online? I have found some on level 6, but they're in the Rabbitohs section. Roosters section doesn't appear to be selling there through online yet

Yes they are Rabbitohs section....

You could always call ticketek...

I tend to think once 114 sells out they will start selling tickets in 124
in the northwest corner.

insert.pause

First Grade
Or maybe, the crowds that do turn up are all that these teams can attract. Ffs what major comp in the world allows free junior pass entry to their grand final qualifiers. All the excuses for not attending are crap - the people that really want to be there, will get there - no excuses

it was never going to be a sellout of 84k so allowing junior passes does no harm.

ouwet

Bench
I know, but to say that the nrl has priced itself out of a sellout is just ridiculous, considering free junior passes r allowed

They're only for the Western side Level 6... However I do agree, the pricing isn't too bad, however IMO they should've sold those level 6 tickets at $20 each, kids $10!

Latest posts