What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

hutch

First Grade
Honestly, if both these games - but especially Roosters vs Souths - aren't sellouts, then Sydney you are a disgrace.

Absolutely no excuse for these games to get less than capacity.

Anz has never sold out a prelim final, now you want 2 sellouts in 2 days?

guyver78

Juniors
People are also forgetting that when the Waratahs played the most expensive ticket was $60, this game is almost double that.

guyver78

Juniors
The things I would do to have a Friday night home prelim..... Oh boy, I would end up in JAIL.

Poor old Broncos.

Yes SLR in Brisbane for sure, i've been and seen for myself now and it's a pleasure going to a friday night game in Brisbane. If i followed the Broncos and lived in Brisbane then friday night games would be ideal. In Sydney however, different story.

Getting to ANZ on a friday night from Sydney city in traffic is the equivalent of driving from Brisbane city to Logan in full traffic hence why most people wont do it.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Not sure they are doing enough to promote the Telstra THANKS $15 Adult / $35 family deal to move the lowest priced tickets. I only knew it was applicable for this week's finals by logging in.

Friday night currently is showing 119-2, Saturday night 142-1.

I tires to purchase those telstra tickets 2 days ago, they were all gone.

big hit!

Bench
Friday night. NRL can go and get f**ked.

They want me and others to sit at home or in a pub and have the look of empty blue seats litter the ground for a preliminary final?

then that's what they'll get.

After a full day on-site Friday and backing up for a half-day Saturday, f**k 'em. Others will be fighting time and Friday night traffic to get across the metro to make the game.

NRL have conditioned Sydney rugby league fans to not attend games due to shit scheduling (predominantly night games every week through winter, and more and more weeknight scheduling), just so they and tossers can argue how great the ratings are on TV.

These major finals should be played on Saturday and/or Sunday.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Yeah me too... Maybe they released more of them to Telstra?

Oh well :roll:, as a neutral i had to convince family members to come with me to the game. They were hesitant at first due to the price and i am guessing this has kept heaps of neutrals away.

neeknitsuj

Juniors
So I went to buy tickets to the game, and category 1 was $100. And it was limited to one side of the stadium. The other direct front was ANZ members, so no wonder why we can't see these things out, its cause the best seats are reserved for people who may or may not even support these teams or NRL in general. So I went down to the next stage, Cat. 2, to sit in the upper tiers. And they're not even available. I was put in the corner where you probably can't even see anything. I will get tickets eventually but why would a neutral bother with things like this? It's not consumer friendly.

ouwet

Bench
Oh well :roll:, as a neutral i had to convince family members to come with me to the game. They were hesitant at first due to the price and i am guessing this has kept heaps of neutrals away.

I understand where you're coming from... IF people can muster a group of four, just buy a family ticket, it works out $23.75 a Ticket (Cat 3) which is good value for a Prelim Final...

Family passes come in four seperate tickets and it doesn't have anything on them indicating they're a family Pass (2 Adults, 2 Children), so four adults can use them and go straight through.

BlueandGold

Juniors
So I went to buy tickets to the game, and category 1 was $100. And it was limited to one side of the stadium. The other direct front was ANZ members, so no wonder why we can't see these things out, its cause the best seats are reserved for people who may or may not even support these teams or NRL in general. So I went down to the next stage, Cat. 2, to sit in the upper tiers. And they're not even available. I was put in the corner where you probably can't even see anything. I will get tickets eventually but why would a neutral bother with things like this? It's not consumer friendly.

Surely ANZ stadium can organize a ticketing system were i can choose were i want to sit in the stadium and for prices to change accordingly. :roll:

If Event cinema can do it why cant ANZ stadium.:lol:

BlueandGold

Juniors
I understand where you're coming from... IF people can muster a group of four, just buy a family ticket, it works out $23.75 a Ticket (Cat 3) which is good value for a Prelim Final...

Family passes come in four seperate tickets and it doesn't have anything on them indicating they're a family Pass (2 Adults, 2 Children), so four adults can use them and go straight through.

I will keep that in mind for next time. I was actually thinking the exact same thing when buying my tickets but was not sure if they check for kids or not, thanks.

Sleep

Juniors
Surely ANZ stadium can organize a ticketing system were i can choose were i want to sit in the stadium and for prices to change accordingly. :roll:

If Event cinema can do it why cant ANZ stadium.:lol:

Other sites like Stubhub (which I would kill for here in Australia) are capable of this and much more too.

ellskimore

Juniors
I bought tickets to the Souths vs Roosters game even though I dislike both teams. I thought the atmosphere would be amazing. Reports of a crowd being less than 60,000 is pretty disappointing in a prelim for these two teams considering Eels vs Dogs in 09 smashed out 75k and Dragons vs Tigers the following year hit 71k. C'mon Wabbits and Woosters. Pack it out.

yobbo84

Coach
I think 50-60k sounds about right. The 70k+ crowds were all for teams who can bring 35k+ fans to ANZ Stadium. The Roosters can't do that - 20k max.

malleekid

Juniors
I just saw a Facebook site that are running a ticket give away and have tickets in the picture. The pax for Roosters v Rabbits on the tickets in the picture is 61000

Panther_Daz

Staff member
57% Dogs 43% Panthers so far in ticketek sales.

Pretty surprising to be honest. Considering the Dogs fan base I was expecting 70/30.

pHyR3

Juniors
I think 50-60k sounds about right. The 70k+ crowds were all for teams who can bring 35k+ fans to ANZ Stadium. The Roosters can't do that - 20k max.

60k+ would be solid. 59k was that R26 game, so a bit more considering its a prelim final and would draw more neutrals.

115k for the weekend is a good result imo and would put finals crowds up 19% from last year and 1.5% from 2012.

128k for the weekend is what's needed to set the record for most attended finals ever.

Latest posts