What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

mattyg

Bench
Doesn't feel to me like either game is being hyped anywhere near as much as the 2009 and 2012 games which got 70k+. Maybe having both games on the same weekend is detracting from the crowds? These games should be pumped all over the radio, news, papers and tv ads but I've barely seen or heard a thing trying to encourage people to go to the games. Would be a shame if both games don't crack 50k. And tbh considering souths and roosters got 59k just last year regular season there is no reason this one shouldn't be 65k plus.

mattyg

Bench
How about a 2 game pass for neutral fans in cat 2 or 3? Both games for say $50 adult in category 3. I'm sure plenty of people would take that offer up. Discount it if you are a member of any other team

insert.pause

First Grade
People are sick of the negative media constantly talking the game down instead of up, should have been talking about how good the two semis were and instead they have spent most of the time since then bitching about the rules. It's little wonder there is more malaise then hype.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Friday night is an issue.

None of those 70k + crowds were Friday

60k would be excellent. Let's just get there

Hopefully 6-8k sales tomorrow

RWB

Bench

They need to do something with the CAT 3 prices, at $45-$50 they're pricing out a lot of people.

Hate to harp on about it but they've been the slowest tickets to move all week again.

Probably a bit late & unfair to start dropping prices or offering deals but they need to promote the shit out of it.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Doesn't feel to me like either game is being hyped anywhere near as much as the 2009 and 2012 games which got 70k+. Maybe having both games on the same weekend is detracting from the crowds? These games should be pumped all over the radio, news, papers and tv ads but I've barely seen or heard a thing trying to encourage people to go to the games. Would be a shame if both games don't crack 50k. And tbh considering souths and roosters got 59k just last year regular season there is no reason this one shouldn't be 65k plus.

It's what happens when all the media can do is focus on refereeing decisions lmao. It will be a massive shame if these two crowds underachieve and dont get 65k and 50k respectively

lockyno1

Post Whore
They need to do something with the CAT 3 prices, at $45-$50 they're pricing out a lot of people.

Hate to harp on about it but they've been the slowest tickets to move all week again.

Probably a bit late & unfair to start dropping prices or offering deals but they need to promote the shit out of it.

They did the same for Origin, they are lucky that it is Origin and an event so to speak. These prices are ridiculous...$50 where I'll need binoculars to see...should be half that at most. Category 3 should be $25 adult, $10 for children, free with junior pass.

Brutus

Referee

Gee another negative Telecrap NRL crowd article.

Nothing could beat their article earlier in the week which started off by suggesting NRL finals were up on last year, but went on to bag the crowds by comparing them to the Swans game and even the Adelaide and Perth local grand finals.

belmore eel

Juniors

Eels v dogs in 2009 was on friday night with 74.5k - i think it still holds the record for most ticket sales in the shortest time -ie. 74.5k ticket sales in 5 days - at anz stadium

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
Honestly, if both these games - but especially Roosters vs Souths - aren't sellouts, then Sydney you are a disgrace.

Absolutely no excuse for these games to get less than capacity.

Honestly, if both these games - but especially Roosters vs Souths - aren't sellouts, then Sydney you are a disgrace.

Absolutely no excuse for these games to get less than capacity.

Does the members section count as an excuse?

No way there will be 100% capacity there.

flash

Juniors
Not sure they are doing enough to promote the Telstra THANKS $15 Adult / $35 family deal to move the lowest priced tickets. I only knew it was applicable for this week's finals by logging in.

Friday night currently is showing 119-2, Saturday night 142-1.

Latest posts