What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

ouwet

Bench
57% Dogs 43% Panthers so far in ticketek sales.

Pretty surprising to be honest. Considering the Dogs fan base I was expecting 70/30.

Souths fans have bought 60% of tickets sold for semi against Roosters while Bulldogs army has secured 57% of tickets sold for Penrith match

Both surprising... However, I think you will find a lot more Bulldog & South Sydney supporters would be ANZ members then Roosters & Penrith (Considering it's our home ground)...

pHyR3

Juniors
57% Dogs 43% Panthers so far in ticketek sales.

Pretty surprising to be honest. Considering the Dogs fan base I was expecting 70/30.

wow really?

panthers drew 43k for a prelim at ANZ vs. Warriors in 03. So probably around 30-35k panthers supporters there

They drew 38k for a prelim vs the Dogs in 2004 at SFS. Not sure if this was a sellout with stadium members not showing and the capacity being a few thousand lower than today.

doesnt seem like theres a massive panthers bandwagon, so I'd be surprised to see this break 65k.

Delboy

First Grade
If only the same people that provide the crowd numbers at Roosters games also sold tickets for them, wouldn't be a problem to have a 65k crowd :)

guyver78

Juniors
Putting aside which club has more supporters etc etc I just think we all have to come to terms with the fact that supporters from all clubs across the board just aren't turning up because of crappy scheduling and expensive tickets.

I read in the paper that crowds are up 16% this year...Where the hell did they get that figure from???

Just when it looks like people are getting into Rugby League more the NRL screws it up by making Grand Final, SOO and finals tickets just too expensive for the average family or they schedule games at unfriendly times for families.

pHyR3

Juniors
Putting aside which club has more supporters etc etc I just think we all have to come to terms with the fact that supporters from all clubs across the board just aren't turning up because of crappy scheduling and expensive tickets.

I read in the paper that crowds are up 16% this year...Where the hell did they get that figure from???

Just when it looks like people are getting into Rugby League more the NRL screws it up by making Grand Final, SOO and finals tickets just too expensive for the average family or they schedule games at unfriendly times for families.

finals crowds are up 16%

yobbo84

Coach

Agree. They are comparing the Souths v Roosters game to the one from RD26 last year... when the tickets cost half as much.

They bleat on about how the Cat 3 tickets are so affordable, yet fail to acknowledge Cat 3 at ANZ is horrible and no-one wants them (unless it's a GF/SOO).

Chook Norris

First Grade
Surely ANZ stadium can organize a ticketing system were i can choose were i want to sit in the stadium and for prices to change accordingly. :roll:

If Event cinema can do it why cant ANZ stadium.:lol:

It's an absolute joke. Consumers want to have more options and yet they expect us to pay big money without giving us flexibility; limiting where we sit.

Latest posts