What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

Peter_phelps

Juniors
What's so surprising about it? Dogs have a lot more supporters then the Roosters plus a much much more favourable Saturday night game as opposed to a crappy Friday night game that Souths are once again stuck with...

You are correct it shouldn't be too surprising. How many people does that South Sydney tape recorder counter for?
In the matches I have seen Dogs play Souths, especially their earlier encounter this year, Dogs have outnumbered Souths fans. Don't portray Souths as 'poor victims', they have also had their chances to turn up and haven't. Last years semi against Manly a good example also.

RWB

Bench
Only about a third of level 1 CAT 3 tickets sold for the Roosters/Souths game & the Bulldogs/Panthers game.

I think they've definitely over-priced it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Only about a third of level 1 CAT 3 tickets sold for the Roosters/Souths game & the Bulldogs/Panthers game.

I think they've definitely over-priced it.

Yeah that's where we will lose around that extra 15k that should be there.

It's ridiculous to pay $45 to sit up there. Especially if a few people want to go.

No doubt the tickets on level 1 behind the posts will be selling well.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You are correct it shouldn't be too surprising. How many people does that South Sydney tape recorder counter for?
In the matches I have seen Dogs play Souths, especially their earlier encounter this year, Dogs have outnumbered Souths fans. Don't portray Souths as 'poor victims', they have also had their chances to turn up and haven't. Last years semi against Manly a good example also.

But the game was at Easter crowds vary at that time of year at Souths v Dogs games. This year the Dogs clearly outnumbered Souths. Last year Souths clearly outnumbered the Dogs.
In Round 25 last year Friday night crowd was 29k Souths outnumbered Dogs which affected crowd should have been more if they turned up.

In 2012 crowd was 22k I think halfway through the year and 15k were Souths and 7k were Dogs.

The prelim in 2012 was 50/50.

Against Manly last year it was 44k. Only 4k Manly fans came. So that definitely affected the crowd. Just over 30k Souths fans went to that game. I think that's a pretty good effort maybe should have got 35k there.

Souths have got a very good amount of ticketed members. Our home crowds I think are in the top 2 or 3 from what I last read. I think Brisbane has more but Souths are close with the Dogs.

Souths have the best away crowds at games. I am 100percent sure of this. Statistics back it up too for the last 2 years.

belmore eel

Juniors
But the game was at Easter crowds vary at that time of year at Souths v Dogs games. This year the Dogs clearly outnumbered Souths. Last year Souths clearly outnumbered the Dogs.
In Round 25 last year Friday night crowd was 29k Souths outnumbered Dogs which affected crowd should have been more if they turned up.

In 2012 crowd was 22k I think halfway through the year and 15k were Souths and 7k were Dogs.

Against Manly last year it was 44k. Only 4k Manly fans came. So that definitely affected the crowd. Just over 30k Souths fans went to that game. I think that's a pretty good effort maybe should have got 35k there.

Souths have got a very good amount of ticketed members. Our home crowds I think are in the top 2 or 3 from what I last read. I think Brisbane has more but Souths are close with the Dogs.

Souths have the best away crowds at games. I am 100percent sure of this. Statistics back it up too for the last 2 years.
Lol @ 4k manly fans.... I know they dont travel but it was a prelim final and there were atleast 10k manly fans last year

Souths have done very well on and off the field in the last 3-4 years , goodluck to them

Re the good friday games, they alternate each year as in whos home game it is. So the this year was souths home game with 43k and last year was dogs home game with 51k crowd

ouwet

Bench

Lol at South sydney outnumbering the Bulldogs last year Easter game... Everyone was commenting how Bulldogs easily outnumbered U guys... We easily outnumbered u this year and definitely had more In 2012, which was proven with Ur prelim crowd last year! South Sudney are a myth!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lol @ 4k manly fans.... I know they dont travel but it was a prelim final and there were atleast 10k manly fans last year

Souths have done very well on and off the field in the last 3-4 years , goodluck to them

Re the good friday games, they alternate each year as in whos home game it is. So the this year was souths home game with 43k and last year was dogs home game with 51k crowd

I was there and there was only a scattering of Manly fans near both corner posts I think at the Southern end. There was a few behind the goal posts but not many. Rest were Souths.

When the Manly chant was going it wasn't loud at all and only came from that one end.
Ok maybe not 4k but definitely no more than 6k. Us Souths fans were looking around saying geez where are the Manly fans. Even a couple of Manly fans in front of me said they expected more Manly fans there and it was disappointing. They were sitting with a few Souths mates.

I don't really pay attention to whose home game it is because I have been to all games at ANZ against Dogs for last 4 years.

It varies but I will say its pretty even all up between both supporter bases.

The Dogs members and supporters are very loyal and loud which creates an enjoyable atmosphere. Always enjoy playing the Dogs it feels big.

I'm sure they'll turn up again in big numbers on Saturday too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lol at South sydney outnumbering the Bulldogs last year Easter game... Everyone was commenting how Bulldogs easily outnumbered U guys... We easily outnumbered u this year and definitely had more In 2012, which was proven with Ur prelim crowd last year! South Sudney are a myth!!

I always go mate! Stop being bias. It is honestly 50/50 between Souths and Dogs at games over the last 4-5 years.

Souths have more ticketed members than the Dogs mate. We also have 30 500 members.

Both sets of members and supporters are loyal mate and you know it.

All the best to you on Saturday! Should be great atmosphere's at both games.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Level 1, Categroy 3 tickets, as in behind the posts.

Bays 115-123 & Bays 138-146

Ok. They should be selling more than a third. That's pretty poor so far.

Hopefully they pick up tomorrow.

If they don't sell reasonably well won't get 60k plus at both games.

Shame that all these extra Bulldogs fans don't buy memberships.

Peter_phelps

Juniors

Firstly, the fact that you support Souths doesn't put you in the list of credibility, as opposed to a neutral. I hate to burst your Souths bubble, but that 2012 prelim final wasn't 50/50. More dogs fans on the upper levels (4 and 6).
And last years Easter crowd, dogs had more as well...and there weren't only 4k Manly fans at your preliminary clash.

Having said that good luck to the Dogs and Bunnies this week, hope they play in the GF.

RWB

Bench
RABBITOHS fans are being urged to prove the old adage that ‘rugby league is strong when South Sydney are strong’ — with fears their Friday night blockbuster against arch rivals the Roosters will attract fewer than 60,000 fans.

Despite being the most hyped NRL game outside the grand final — and the first time these waring clubs have met in a playoff since 1938 — ticket sales are tracking for an elimination final crowd of 50,000 at ANZ Stadium.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...069541633?nk=a7df469c381be7d305e6bb16f5f56450