What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

I will be there with bells on tomorrow. And I will spend a few minutes thinking about the Aus v GB 1999 game I went to when the old Lang Park was all but empty. How far we've come. :)

Brutus

Referee
I will be there with bells on tomorrow. And I will spend a few minutes thinking about the Aus v GB 1999 game I went to when the old Lang Park was all but empty. How far we've come. :)

Yep. I was there that night. It was a friday night I think the crowd was 12k ir something and Australia flogged them.

This was only a year or two after super league.

7 years prior to 1999 we had a GB tour of Australia where the Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne tests were all sold out and 10,000 strong GB 'balmy army' travelled to watch the games.

Diesel

Referee
IMO test work better on a Saturday night or Sunday arvo. Friday night matches for tests just feel rushed whereas you can soak up the atmosphere for weekend games.

Great crowd, this should shut up a few so-called sports experts that have a thing against (international) RL

Billythekid

First Grade
Should be a great crowd. Lets hope the matches deliver.

Great crowd, this should shut up a few so-called sports experts that have a thing against (international) RL

Sadly it's mostly the league 'experts' who spend the most time trying to talk down and ruin International RL.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Plodstralians have answered the call after the Haynetrain said they don't support International League,the Haynetrain tops Forbes list of most influential people.

winnyason

Juniors
Plus all kiwi matches selling well, ireland has expected crowd of 2000 for match v scots and france expecting 10 thousand for game v wales.

So an international game of league will get a bigger crowd and higher tv ratings than the bledisloe which is the pinnacle of rugby union in australia.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
only plots of 2 or 3 available in Bronze, then we are down to restricted view only across all categories.

Strange that restricted view are still the same pricing.

Probably 48k sold now.

I reckon there will be no more than 25k for the first game. I hope they don't all leave for the second, I hate a patchy looking stadium, haha.

Latest posts