What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

pHyR3

Juniors
They didnt open the gates until 25 mins before the game! The queue to get in was about 100m long at all the gates.

thought the commentator said 3:30pm??

Edit: ah, time difference of course. yeah, 40 minutes is too short for a expected 40-50k crowd.

Just to get a feel for what the crowd was like last night, here's some pics from level 7 on Eastern side, facing the TV cameras.

During the England v Samoa game:

During the Haka:

During the mass exodus:

DC_fan

Coach
I think we will get a better idea of crowd support for the tournament next weekend when the games are split. It certainly helped last night to have it as a double header.

Obviously a Kiwi v Samoa in NZ should pull a big crowd. But the game I am really interested in from a crowd perspective is Australia v England in Melbourne. I would expect 25,000 plus for this game.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The test against England next week is neatly timed to fall between Derby and Cup Day, and not for the first time has it been planned this way.

I personally know two blokes who make their way to Melbourne every year for the races and will be attending the test. No doubt there are thousands of others.

H.H

Juniors
The test against England next week is neatly timed to fall between Derby and Cup Day, and not for the first time has it been planned this way.

I personally know two blokes who make their way to Melbourne every year for the races and will be attending the test. No doubt there are thousands of others.

Sh*t, sounds like clever planning to me.

Who'd have thunk...

Latest posts