What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

Frankus

Juniors
I was considering flying back into the country to meet up with my old man (Souths fan) to watch both prelim finals but he couldn't fly due to a recent operation. If its a Rabbits v Panthers grand final (or Roosters v Panthers), I will book my return ticket to Sydney on Sunday morning!

The only downside is the game is at ANZ which is a very boring stadium. It just does not have the atmosphere of the G or Suncorp.

taste2taste

Juniors
are the tixs more expensive this year? i know SOO went up but is this game pricier?

Im going with a $45 ticket sitting behind the posts, $45 is ok i rekon.

The nose bleeds should be $15, especially the high seats that are obstructed by the roof.

ouwet

Bench
are the tixs more expensive this year? i know SOO went up but is this game pricier?

Im going with a $45 ticket sitting behind the posts, $45 is ok i rekon.

The nose bleeds should be $15, especially the high seats that are obstructed by the roof.

Yeah probably a little more expensive...

If anyone wants to buy tickets today or tomorrow... Use the code LIGHTITUP for 10% off tickets (Obviously you need to buy them online)!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
i live on the central coast, work 8-5 monday-friday and sat mornings

its 2 hour trip usually (quicker home with no traffic ) but as a dogs fan i'm going to both games because i love being at the game

Sydney fans for every sport use every excuse in the world, roughly what a 30 minute free train ride to a game you could get $15 tickets or at worst like $35 with the other deals ?

the Amount of cars full of league fans i see heading back on the freeway and what not every night game makes me think that the traveling fans make up a huge amount of the crowd numbers every week, its just ridiculous that the majority of sydney fans can't be bothered, it can be incredibly frustrating when you make the effort to go to these games only to sometimes have sub par atmohsphere

this weekend will obviously be great regardless, we'd love to get 130K over the weekend but as a fan it will be enjoyable either way which is why people should get to the games, its gonna be a great weekend of footy!

I agree and I do it for roosters home games as well several times a season. Irritating that people won't hop on a train for 30 or 45 minutes in sydney

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well the weather is good (even though I always go regardless) so there shouldn't be any excuses for tonight.

The game starts at 8pm which is good for such a big game as well. Plenty of time to get home from work and get to the game. Plenty of transport and it's FREE.

People need to get off their butts and make an effort.

Should get right on 60k hopefully.

You mean apart from it is a Friday Night when people finish work at 6pm...and apart from the fact that the tickets are overpriced and you need binoculars to see the game....yeah no excuses. Tickets are too expensive to sit miles away from the action and I aint going to a ground where I can't have 1-2 FULL STRENGTH beers. Not asking a lot.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You mean apart from it is a Friday Night when people finish work at 6pm...and apart from the fact that the tickets are overpriced and you need binoculars to see the game....yeah no excuses. Tickets are too expensive to sit miles away from the action and I aint going to a ground where I can't have 1-2 FULL STRENGTH beers. Not asking a lot.

If your a Souths or Roosters fan no excuses. Most finish work at 5:00 so that's enough time to head out.

Considering they haven't played in a finals match for 76 years its a clash both clubs supporters should get out too. The atmosphere will be electric.

Offering 10perecent off today online too.

lockyno1

Post Whore
If your a Souths or Roosters fan no excuses. Most finish work at 5:00 so that's enough time to head out.

Considering they haven't played in a finals match for 76 years its a clash both clubs supporters should get out too. The atmosphere will be electric.

Offering 10perecent off today online too.

Yet people are forgetting the massive match in Melbourne this week. Sure they haven't played in a final, but Roosters fans more than others follow the Swans and to a lesser extent the Waratahs. That is at least 5,000 straight out.

Friday is an absolute nightmare too, I can think of better things to do rather than leave work at lets say 5:30pm as a comprise (I know I finish closer to 6), spend an hour getting there...have no food outlets nearby that are reasonable, and have the pub and the stadium selling $8 half strength beers. It would have to be one heck of a game for me to bother. Usually I do the Powerade/Vodka (put through the holes in the wall. Get one of my mates to go through and we have the equivalent of a bottle of vodka. But thats the point I shouldn't have to, I would like to have a Crown Lager or another full strength beer with my mates before the game. I struggle to see why I should be punished because others and the RSA officers have no idea.

t-ba

Post Whore
This whole full strength beer thing is quite possibly one of the most stupid arguments I've ever heard. Beer typically tastes like cats piss at Australian stadiums as it is. It's Friday, you can be back in town by 11 to have some more FFS...Doesn't the Novotel have a bar? Have some before you go through the gate...

lockyno1

Post Whore
This whole full strength beer thing is quite possibly one of the most stupid arguments I've ever heard. Beer typically tastes like cats piss at Australian stadiums as it is. It's Friday, you can be back in town by 11 to have some more FFS...Doesn't the Novotel have a bar? Have some before you go through the gate...

Thats the issue- the Novotel is mid strength rubbish as well. The whole area is horrid. I'd have less of an issue if the Novotel was full strength. I'm not asking to have a case, I just want 1-2 before the game. The biggest issue I have is they have the audacity to charge full strength prices! No wonder people smuggle booze in! We live in Australia, most 20 year old blokes and girls for that matter want a drink at a social event, the footy is a social event!

lockyno1

Post Whore
The people who say that mid strength beer isn't a reason are morons.

Exactly. I have usually 5-6 mates that go to the footy. You know what we went to BOTH NRL finals last week, and I don't particularly love any of those sides. I asked them again this week, their response was "If it was at the SFS sure, we are not going to ANZ to have to pay for mid strength drinks". None of us go to the games to get drunk. We all like 1-2 drinks before the game, then we watch the game. We know how to control ourselves. We are meeting at a pub in the city and watching it there instead.

Flapper

First Grade

The challenge is to get the people out of their houses and into the games right? So why would they go to ANZ to pay $6.80 for Tooheys New Mid when they can get 24 actual New's for 40 bucks and stay at home?

DarceyLawler

Juniors
The challenge is to get the people out of their houses and into the games right? So why would they go to ANZ to pay $6.80 for Tooheys New Mid when they can get 24 actual New's for 40 bucks and stay at home?

You can stay at home your whole life and save money and pat yourself on the back. Or you could go to the game and live a little.

Flapper

First Grade
Well I go to games regardless.

It's just amusing how everyone talks about shit crowds then calls genuine ways to improve them moronic.

Cammo

Bench
Rugby League just transfers to Television so damn well it's easier for families to stay home and watch it on tv.

Rather than fighting traffic (especially those from areas where public transport is horribly lacking like Norwest) and taking an age to get into and out of the carpark, and then paying through the nose for food and drink, why wouldn't you stay home?

I love being at the game, but sometimes the hassle and expense just doesn't seem worth it after a long week at work. If it was a completely different experience at the game then I could understand, but you can follow everything just as easily on TV as you can at the game

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well I go to games regardless.

It's just amusing how everyone talks about shit crowds then calls genuine ways to improve them moronic.

Exactly. Have more RSA officials. Make them you know...do their job. full strength beer, doesn't have to be premium. Carlton, Pure Blonde and maybe a premium like Crown Lager. this is a very relevant factor. If you don't believe it, fine. Go an applaud the 10-15,000 that stay away from ANZ!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rugby League just transfers to Television so damn well it's easier for families to stay home and watch it on tv.

Rather than fighting traffic (especially those from areas where public transport is horribly lacking like Norwest) and taking an age to get into and out of the carpark, and then paying through the nose for food and drink, why wouldn't you stay home?

I love being at the game, but sometimes the hassle and expense just doesn't seem worth it after a long week at work. If it was a completely different experience at the game then I could understand, but you can follow everything just as easily on TV as you can at the game

I will be honest if my team wasn't in under 20s prelim or first grade I would most likely stay at home.

Unless a friend really wanted me to go with them.

Latest posts