What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

belmore eel

Juniors
Do think some buy two tickets deal for both games would have maybe attracted more neutrals? With the limited number of fans per club due to over saturation you have to find a way to get the neutrals to the game if you want to fill anz.
Thats a great idea - im sure it would of worked well for this weekend

Vic Mackey

Referee
52k ? Seriously! What a joke!

Didn't tigers v dragons in 10 and eels v dogs in 09 get 70k+?

Puts a bit of a myth to bed as to how popular souths are..

The tigers and eels got 51k on Easter Monday and neither team made the 8

Vic Mackey

Referee
For atmosphere I doubt anything will ever beat the tigers/saints prelim at sfs. Packed crowd, close to the action, Sydney rivals. The most intense atmosphere I've ever been a part of.

Brutus

Referee
For atmosphere I doubt anything will ever beat the tigers/saints prelim at sfs. Packed crowd, close to the action, Sydney rivals. The most intense atmosphere I've ever been a part of.

It was an absolutely awesome atmosphere. It felt like everyone was hyped up on drugs. Intense as it gets. No silly songs required either.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Forget about members, crowd averages etc.... When it comes to pulling big crowds for the big games in sydney imo - its 1. Parramatta 2. Bulldogs 3. Souths 4. Dragons 5. Tigers ..... The rest are very average

With respect, the common denominator in most large regular season and non-GF finals crowds being huge is the Bulldogs.

Bulldogs v Souths and Bulldogs v Eels have always been huge drawers in various times, the Easter game being an obvious one. You can even go back to the 2009 Hazem farewell where we cracked 41k I recall, then the 09 and 12 prelims etc...

The only comparable games really are the Saints/Tigers prelim in 2010, Eels/Tigers Easter this year and Last year's Bunnies v Roosters prelim.

mattyg

Bench
Cannot wait to see souths fans who haven't been to a game for 30 years complain that they can't get gf tix next week coz all of the souths and dogs/panthers members have snapped them all up. What happened to the 100k that marched for them??

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
With respect, the common denominator in most large regular season and non-GF finals crowds being huge is the Bulldogs.

Bulldogs v Souths and Bulldogs v Eels have always been huge drawers in various times, the Easter game being an obvious one. You can even go back to the 2009 Hazem farewell where we cracked 41k I recall, then the 09 and 12 prelims etc...

The only comparable games really are the Saints/Tigers prelim in 2010, Eels/Tigers Easter this year and Last year's Bunnies v Roosters prelim.

And the fact that back in 86 we averaged double what the bulldogs did and at one stage during the early 80's, we averaged as much as the bulldogs at THEIR home ground.

There's a reason why 75k turned up in 09 and it was Parra.

Ever noticed until this year Parra out of all the BIG Sydney clubs did not have a holiday game promoted?

Not one, yet the dogs get Souths, Souths get Dogs, Saints get Rooster roosters get Saints, Tigers get Souths and so on at various grounds on special occasions that boost the home teams crowds?

There is a reason why parra were referred to the jewel in the Sydney RL crown in the 80's.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Hey Timmah, this is from when the eels were last good in that very game in 09, we got a fair few games at the end of the year but not at the start. Doggies were shown a hellava lot.

334821-dtstory-stats.jpg

Oh and a big f**k you to the supposed collingwood and brisbane that get shown on FTA every bloody week :lol:

Go Parra ;-)

BunniesMan

Immortal
Cannot wait to see souths fans who haven't been to a game for 30 years complain that they can't get gf tix next week coz all of the souths and dogs/panthers members have snapped them all up. What happened to the 100k that marched for them??

What is the matter with you? 60% of ticket sales went to Souths fans today. And the last 2 years we've had the biggest crowd averages in Sydney. To knock our fans is ridiculous.

belmore eel

Juniors

I had dogs at no. 2 - hazem farewell, i was there , lots of free tickets and plenty warriors fans and dogs were coming first - 43k
- 2012 r26, hindmarsh farewell, parra got spoon and 46k on a sunday night only 4-5 dragons fans
- 2009 - 75k v dogs was majority eels fans
- 2012 - dogs v souths on a sat night 70k- why didnt they get more than the parra game ???

- dogs r my no. 2

Forget the 2 joint ventures

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I had dogs at no. 2 - hazem farewell, i was there , lots of free tickets and plenty warriors fans and dogs were coming first - 43k
- 2012 r26, hindmarsh farewell, parra got spoon and 46k on a sunday night only 4-5 dragons fans
- 2009 - 75k v dogs was majority eels fans
- 2012 - dogs v souths on a sat night 70k- why didnt they get more than the parra game ???

- dogs r my no. 2

Forget the 2 joint ventures

This person is talking sense :)

belmore eel

Juniors
This person is talking sense :)
Yep, and lets not forget that parra have not been in semis for last 5 years
- the first easter monday game , which started this year , was another example - 50,600 of which only 10-15k were tigers fans, thats 35-40k parra fans after 3 years at the bottom

Bumble

First Grade
The Eels and Dogs are the biggest draw at Homebush - yet I can't help but think our crowd average would be 3-5k higher if we still played at the SFS :(

belmore eel

Juniors
The Eels and Dogs are the biggest draw at Homebush - yet I can't help but think our crowd average would be 3-5k higher if we still played at the SFS :(
R u refering to the rabbits?... If so, i agree 100% - rabbits should b at allianz, why cant they sort out a reasonable deal with allianz ffs , its 10 min from redfern

DarceyLawler

Juniors
Great game , great crowd. The media obsession with the Swans and the rugby union clique like Fitzsimons jumping on that bandwagon has an effect. In addition the sheer idiocy and negativity of "RL" journos like Andrew Webster at SMH has been a factor in reducing the buzz around the NRL this year.

alien

Referee
R u refering to the rabbits?... If so, i agree 100% - rabbits should b at allianz, why cant they sort out a reasonable deal with allianz ffs , its 10 min from redfern

well anz stadium offered them a better deal and rabbitohs supporters are all over the sydney metro area and sydney olympic park is more in the middle of the sydney metro area and easier to get to. they have over 30,000 members. they know what theyre doing!!!

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
What is the matter with you? 60% of ticket sales went to Souths fans today. And the last 2 years we've had the biggest crowd averages in Sydney. To knock our fans is ridiculous.

You spelled 'hilarious' incorrectly.

And is this rabbit the dopiest looking mouth breather you've ever seen or what?

2yl1nd0.jpg

Latest posts