What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
Why is it that when someone around here is honest about RL's shortcomings they are considered a 'troll'? It's a pretty weak argument.

Ahh....let's just say I am not basing my assumption on just one post. Let's try a couple of years worth.

BTW Samantha, how did the soccer go tonight??? Good game?

LatK7

First Grade
Solid crowd at the SCG...but it looked terrible on the screen. Shame they can't move some to the TV side...opposite side was packed.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Worst looking 24k ever

Why not at least fill up o Reilly stand

It has about 1000 in it
WTF you on about. I was there and it was a great crowd. Are you basing your opinion on one angle on the TV? The SCG is circular with the crowds filling the ends mostly. SCG Members down the North end and GA for Souths and Dragons members in the opposite corners of the South end.

georgesnmith

Juniors
and people bag ANZ stadium. i was in very good cat 1 seats and the view is crap.

great the game abandoned that ground.

and its so ancient as well, hard to walk up 5 flights of steep stairs and one crappy shop offering hardly any food.

i was at the ground seeing it quite full and reading the comments about people saying it was a bad crowd... got to say it was really funny reading that pre kick off thanks guys

georgesnmith

Juniors
WTF you on about. I was there and it was a great crowd. Are you basing your opinion on one angle on the TV? The SCG is circular with the crowds filling the ends mostly. SCG Members down the North end and GA for Souths and Dragons members in the opposite corners of the South end.

he was probably watching holden cup and thought that was first grade.

RWB

Bench
24.5k is pretty good for a Saturday night with some dark clouds looming around.

Here's the list of the St George Illawarra Dragons home games against South Sydney in the past;

27zjmh5.jpg

Looks like a well justified decision to me. I think this game at this venue has the potential to become a regular season blockbuster as well, no reason why it shouldn't be built up as an old boys day for both clubs who have rich histories in the game. Sure round stadiums don't provide the best viewing angles but it's a one off game and with the history that's behind the SCG it makes it that little bit more special than just your ordinary club game. These are the types of games clubs & the NRL need to start building up. No reason why this game couldn't be getting 40k on a regular basis if they continue to build it up for the next few years.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Excellent crowd at the SCG. I wish we got to host that every 2nd year.

As for the ANZ/SFS debate. Please, on location alone ANZ shits on SFS. People talk about the advantages Melbourne has with stadiums in a central location, well ANZ is more central than SFS.

Souths wouldn't survive if we solely existed on members in the inner south. We needed to get members and crowds from all over Sydney and we've successfully done that. Last year we topped all Sydney teams for crowds. So to suggest ANZ isn't working is either a lie or just pure ignorance.

DC_fan

Coach

As for the ANZ/SFS debate. Please, on location alone ANZ shits on SFS. People talk about the advantages Melbourne has with stadiums in a central location, well ANZ is more central than SFS.

Souths wouldn't survive if we solely existed on members in the inner south. We needed to get members and crowds from all over Sydney and we've successfully done that. Last year we topped all Sydney teams for crowds. So to suggest ANZ isn't working is either a lie or just pure ignorance.

Totally agree BM.

georgesnmith

Juniors

the more clubs that play at ANZ the better. if we want bigger crowds thats the way to go though as another poster said the odd heritage game at the SCG is fine

plus with ANZ giving clubs guaranteed income plus extra money if crowds break 20k its a no brainer.

also the fact im an anz stadium member is good for me, i can watch more teams

lol

oikee

Juniors
Why is it that when someone around here is honest about RL's shortcomings they are considered a 'troll'? It's a pretty weak argument.

Welcome troll, i am a troll too apparently. Your better off telling lies and be everyone's friend.
:crazy:

How was the empty seats at the SCG, gee this is a bad look for the game.
Our two heritage teams look like nobody cares.
Then the refs spoiled the contest, nice work dumbarse NRL.

Last edited:

newman

First Grade

Central to what? I regularly host events at ANZ and the main gripe is how shit it is to get to (except for the people who live within 10ks)

cleary89

Coach
Welcome troll, i am a troll too apparently. Your better off telling lies and be everyone's friend.
:crazy:

How was the empty seats at the SCG, gee this is a bad look for the game.
Our two heritage teams look like nobody cares.
Then the refs spoiled the contest, nice work dumbarse NRL.

24k for the highest attendance at home by saints for souths in god knows how long.

But sure, it's terrible!

pHyR3

Juniors
Have hill tickets for leichhardt today and as usual it's pissing down

who cares man! come out, get drenched and go home a happy man when we crush them dirty silvertails!!!!

unless you're a knights fan, in which case come anyway

Last edited:

georgesnmith

Juniors
Central to what? I regularly host events at ANZ and the main gripe is how shit it is to get to (except for the people who live within 10ks)

it is central compared to the rest of sydney.

and not too hard to get to by train. other than the CBD, where else comes close in terms of centrality?

sure if your from cronulla its far but cronulla is out on the southern fringe of sydney anyway, its near nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.