What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How will time change the fact that to get people to attend a test match in our heartland, with a population of 4.5 million, the NRL has to provide extra incentives of free buffets and 2 for 1 tickets to two of the city's biggest games of the season. I'm not criticizing the NRL for doing all they can to get people to turn up, I'm criticizing the apathetic sporting public in Sydney that makes them have to.

Could have held it in Perth, got 23k, had a jam packed stadium, sold a million $'s worth of tickets, fulfilled the promise to give us an international and helped grow the game. Get a fricking clue NRL!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well done panthers fans who turned out, it's no fun watching RL in the rain in this country, the stadiums are simply not designed for rain, even the new ones. How hard is it to build a stand with a roof that actually covers everyone? I'll tell you, not very hard! My SL clubs old ground was built hundred years ago and kept you dry in the rain. Been to Sfs, anz, aami and nib, paid top price and still ended up getting wet when it rained. Not good enough when your paying $50 plus a ticket.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Could have held it in Perth, got 23k, had a jam packed stadium, sold a million $'s worth of tickets, fulfilled the promise to give us an international and helped grow the game. Get a fricking clue NRL!

Perth had their chance, don't they sell umbrellas there?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth crowd in the rain > Sydney crowds in the rain (except tigers who are the only club with fans that aren't soft cks)

Perth Red

Post Whore
And we don't have two sets of "loyal" fans, our crowd was 90% neutrals paying up to $60 a ticket. Knocking Perth getting 12k on a shty night when similar situations for "home" clubs and "blockbuster" games in RL "heartland" is funny as.

RWB

Bench
Sydney March 2014

The rain fell over 22 rain days, well above the March average of 14 days and the most since March 2001 (22 days). Eight days recorded at least 5 mm at Observatory Hill (average 5 days) but only one exceeded 20 mm (average 2 days), with 27.8 mm recorded to 9 am on the 13th.

Most days affected by rain for 13 years. I wonder at what point mainstream media will stop dismissing it as a genuine reason for people staying away from the games.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Well done panthers fans who turned out, it's no fun watching RL in the rain in this country, the stadiums are simply not designed for rain, even the new ones. How hard is it to build a stand with a roof that actually covers everyone? I'll tell you, not very hard! My SL clubs old ground was built hundred years ago and kept you dry in the rain. Been to Sfs, anz, aami and nib, paid top price and still ended up getting wet when it rained. Not good enough when your paying $50 plus a ticket.

agreed.

what the hell is the ARLC doing.

they shouldve built a roof on all these grounds by now.

theyve been in power 2 years, what are they doing?

DC_fan

Coach
Well done panthers fans who turned out, it's no fun watching RL in the rain in this country, the stadiums are simply not designed for rain.

Don't forget us many Souths fans who were there, we got just as wet as the pussycat fans did.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Today hopefully

Canberra v newy 12k
Eels v Roosters 17k
Tigers v cowboys 11k

The strongest Saturday line up crowd wise.

gronkathon

First Grade
Disgraceful pre sales for the WT home match tonight.

Well promoted by the club over vary media levels.

No excuses for a poor crowd

Dakink

Bench
Took the wifey, her sister and three daughters last night to penrith. Was a great night! Cost us under 100 for silver grandstand tix under cover, stayed bone dry, unlike lots of others. Rain really was ridiculously heavy at the start of 1st grade.

As a visitor penrith really do look after the kids well, kids corner is a great idea and mine loved the free rides. Aged 5,9 & 9 and all being girls the surrounding atmosphere is just as important for them and the great local supporters, signing bunnies (did they shut up) and party feel really added to a positive experience despite the rain.

As a regular visitor to suncorp and robina (live in ballina), the match day experience at penrith was just as good, despite the inferior stadium facilities.

My only negative was thr stadium on in my grandstand running out of all hot food, bar chicken pies and pluto pups, before half time. That to me is poor planning by whoever is responsible for the catering as the lines werent that big at any stage. Missed dollars there.

Overall we loved it, we loved it and will def go again, even as we were all neutrals!

oikee

Juniors
:clap: Well done Titans Broncos.
Over 20 thousand to the gold coast local Derby.

Happy now.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
:clap: Well done Titans Broncos.
Over 20 thousand to the gold coast local Derby.

Meanwhile down in the heartland with two of Sydney's powerhouse clubs, could not crack 13 thousand. Need to pull your socks up Gus, wont be getting any new 35 thousand white Elephant out Penrith way if that is all that can fill it.
Build it in Parra, a real city and heartland.

And you wonder why you were hated on theroar......you've barely been in here a month and already acting like a complete assclown.

20k for that game in those conditions is shithouse, you can sugar coat it all you want by bagging out the sydney crowds but facts are facts. A city with nearly 2 million people about an hour away and a city in the immediate vicinity of 600k and this is the crowd they could muster with bulk freebies for kiddies thrown in?

Quit it with the state rivalry bullshit, the game is loved just as much in each state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.