What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
when people raise the issue of too many teams in sydney well its a fair way to respond is to look at other clubs doing worse.

people on here werent around when the average crowd in sydney was 5000, and 10000 was considered a big crowd.

weve been at 16k now for almost 10 years.

i think the ARLC will get to 20k as forecast.

NRL crowd avg has been static for 4 years, last year it dropped to 2006-2009 levels and this year has remained at that lower avg. there is no easy fix to it and there is very little chance the nrl's target of 20k avg will be reached by 2017, maybe by the end of the next strategic plan in 2022 if they get involved in decisions that have traditionally been made by clubs such as ticket prices, marketing g and venue choice.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Titans-Broncos crowd was almost the lowest ever for the fixture. They used to get around 27k.

Considering the conditions the Panthers crowd was much much much more impressive.

Only in BM world would a crowd of 11k be more impressive than one of 20k lol.

RWB

Bench
Looks a cracking day, can't use a frosty night in Canberra as an excuse today.

Last edited:

georgesnmith

Juniors
NRL crowd avg has been static for 4 years, last year it dropped to 2006-2009 levels and this year has remained at that lower avg. there is no easy fix to it and there is very little chance the nrl's target of 20k avg will be reached by 2017, maybe by the end of the next strategic plan in 2022 if they get involved in decisions that have traditionally been made by clubs such as ticket prices, marketing g and venue choice.

20k by 2017 is doable.

i still think well get to the 16.5 k for this year, which is what smith is aiming for.

Perth Red

Post Whore
20k by 2017 is doable.

i still think well get to the 16.5 k for this year, which is what smith is aiming for.

How? At the moment only 2 clubs avg 20k or more. Would need some amazing turn around given crowds have not grown for 5 years and declined last year. What initiatives do you see the NRL bringing in over the next three years to dramatically increase the avg crowd number?

georgesnmith

Juniors
How? At the moment only 2 clubs avg 20k or more. Would need some amazing turn around given crowds have not grown for 5 years and declined last year. What initiatives do you see the NRL bringing in over the next three years to dramatically increase the avg crowd number?

1. memberships
2. marketing
3. more use of ANZ stadium
4. reduced ticket pricing and special offers to games.

the current crowd average is jus over 16k, and if the weather holds off weve got some massive games at anz to come

anyway im about to make the long treck out to campbelltown, hope i make it back alive from there lol

its a mission getting there, at least weather looks ok

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Checked out the greater western Canberra game. They can it say there are more than 5-6k there or its a lie. But I suspect they will announce 10-11k or somethig ridiculous

I'm currently on a Dantean journey with a virtual Virgil: ie, in hell. Further ie. in NSW, that is. As much as everybody whinges about Friday Night Broncos, imagine my indignation last night when the Broncs weren't on till 9.30! Bloody hell!

Anyway, while I was still able to blow .12 I caught the Panthers game, and I thought the crowd was pretty respectable (notwithstanding my Shute Shield gibes last week to CC :) ). Appalling conditions, and although I am only judging it from TV, from what I can pick up in the background, the game "day" experience seems to be getting a bit glitzier. Can any Pantsters fans comment on that? A good game day is what will build sustained crowds over time.

As for the Coast, 20k-odd is disappointing but hardly unexpected. Searle has burnt a lot of bridges in the last few years and it is going to take something pretty good to restore faith in the Titans. That good thing is of course sustained success, so lets hope they taste some this year. Especially since the Broncs aren't on fire at the moment.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
That Titans crowd last night was still better than what the Cowboys got there last two times they played the Broncos at Dairy Plod

Titans > Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.