What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
8pm start, Thursday night

And 10k less to the corresponding fixture from last year. No excuses for you scabs not to crack 50k with your so called 'biggest NRL fan base' and 'this is our year'

:lol:

What it shows is how many Souffs fans didn't give their team a chance in round 1. They'll fill the house next home game. Kind of like a reverse to round 26 last year when you all thought you would win the MP, lost, then didn't bother turning up to Melbourne :lol: myth fans

LJC

Juniors
LJC - Thursday nights are anomaly, not a regular occurence. We don't see TNF again til Round 23 I think.

Monday nights I agree but with TV that's how it goes.

I don't think the NRL has looked smartly at Sunday night football being a replacement for Monday night football. Instead the programmers decided to take away a Sunday arvo game for Sunday night!

Amazing lack of imagination. The Saturday afternoon timeslot is the only progressive move the administrators have made in recent years.

Monday night can be replaced by Sunday night.

I recall back in the days when Rex Mossop used to commentate that Sunday night football was very popular. This is what should be happening. Putting the fans and clubs through the ordeal of a Monday night fixture is not good for the game. The TV revenue can be made up with Sunday night football!

Do you honestly think more Easts fans showed up to this game than Souths fans did last year?

Easily. Easily more Easts fans there last. You weren't even there lol so shut the f**k up. Even Ray Warren said on fine broadcast there were more Easts fans.

Souffs fans have never outnumbered us at our home ground.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'll give you another reason for the shit crowd. $30 GA and $70 for cat 1.

A few years ago we were paying that to go to the GF.

The NRL will never get a good crowd in for a regular season game with ticket prices like that.

Nothing to do with the NRL - that's your club.

$45 cat 1 for the Dogs game tonight - 30 for Cat 2 and 25 for GA.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Easily. Easily more Easts fans there last. You weren't even there lol so shut the f**k up. Even Ray Warren said on fine broadcast there were more Easts fans.

Souffs fans have never outnumbered us at our home ground.

No I meant away Easts fans this week compared to away Souths fans rd 1 last year.

We did more to boost your round 1 crowd in 2013 than you did to boost our crowd this time.

georgesnmith

Juniors
if the chooks keep playing like they did last night it will be interesting to see if their fans who watched them win the NRL last year still show up for games or just desert them as fast as they came

BunniesMan

Immortal
Nothing to do with the NRL - that's your club.

$45 cat 1 for the Dogs game tonight - 30 for Cat 2 and 25 for GA.

It's not the NRL. It's not the clubs. It's ANZ.

And obviously there'll be different pricing in a rivalry game compared to an out of town team visiting.

Timmah

Staff member
I don't think the NRL has looked smartly at Sunday night football being a replacement for Monday night football. Instead the programmers decided to take away a Sunday arvo game for Sunday night!

That's actually a club request dude, early in the season to avoid heat stress. Three rounds.

The 2pm game returns from Round 4, with Sunday nights taking a rest again til at least R21.

Timmah

Staff member
It's not the NRL. It's not the clubs. It's ANZ.

And obviously there'll be different pricing in a rivalry game compared to an out of town team visiting.

Utter tripe, our game against Parra is at exactly the same pricing.

Timmah

Staff member
We did more to boost your round 1 crowd in 2013 than you did to boost our crowd this time.

Going out on a limb here to suggest that's because Allianz is actually WALKING DISTANCE from both your ACTUAL regions, while your club continues to play 15km west of its primary fanbase?

No I meant away Easts fans this week compared to away Souths fans rd 1 last year.

Your club claims the most fans in the game, slaps caps on the homeless and calls them Members so why do you need us to boost your crowd? You suffered a 30k drop between round 26, 2013 and round 1, 2014 :lol: but tbh you suffered that same drop in the space of a week last year too.

What were the TV ratings like last night? Are they available?

Seriously, every bloody person I spoke to today watched. Souths, Easts and neutral and non-RL people.

Perth Red

Post Whore
GEM at 4:30pm with absolutely zero promotion that NRL started last night by Ch9 in WA, I doubt they were much!

BunniesMan

Immortal
If everybody with a TV in Perth watched it would be like 60k.

Apparently 11k watched in Perth.

The game was 100k less than the same game last year. I think that 100k was pure SBW novelty factor by 15 year old girls. Those bandwagoners have already bought their All Blacks jerseys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts