What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker

Coach
And I get the feeling TV ratings will be god-awful as well. Especially when it becomes the same unpopular teams shafted to the timeslot.

Forgot to mention that. Crap tv ratings from Fox Sports was another reason why they were happy to can Sat 3pm games

Dogs Of War

Coach
Yeah I'm at homebush already and it's just starting to sprinkle. That said if it rains it will be over quick. Just bad timing if people are undecided.

undertaker

Coach
I've seen plenty of people describe that atmosphere as poor.

Souths piping "SOUFF SINNEY" chants over the P.A. doesn't help either.

Crap atmosphere and as others have said, boring game in general compared to season openers in previous years

bor

Juniors
regarding ANZ, I see ch9 are covering a fair amount of games at ANZ for the first 20 rounds. Will be interesting to see what effect this has on crowds.

ANZ is terrible when its not full, I don't blame people not wanting to go. Last night was pathetic with the rabbitohs recorded chants/mic in the burrow to try and pretend the stadium has atmosphere.

BranVan3000

Coach
I wonder if crowds would have been bigger if the World Cup hadn't been this year, plus the Nines and a higher profile WCC. Didn't really feel like there was an off season at all, there wasn't a feeling of a big build up to round one at all

BranVan3000

Coach
ANZ is terrible when its not full, I don't blame people not wanting to go. Last night was pathetic with the rabbitohs recorded chants/mic in the burrow to try and pretend the stadium has atmosphere.

Does this actually annoy people? I mean I personally think its a good thing they are trying to get some noise and atmosphere in a stadium that totally lacks it, but there is only so much you can do

Why would the WCC affect round 1 when Souffs were playing their grand final in Wollongong? :lol:

The excuses coming from these scabs are laughable. They didn't turn up because they thought they would get smashed.

tumbidragon

First Grade
I don't mind it tbh. At the very least it adds something to the black hole that is ANZ... The incessant booing at nothing does get old really quickly though...

BranVan3000

Coach
What's our excuse for getting 10k more to the same fixture on the same night last year? No idea :lol:

No for not showing up at all last night? Roosters had more last year thanks to - 50/50 showing from each teams supporters. Last night there would have been about 3k Roosters fans

thorson1987

Coach
I wonder if crowds would have been bigger if the World Cup hadn't been this year, plus the Nines and a higher profile WCC. Didn't really feel like there was an off season at all, there wasn't a feeling of a big build up to round one at all

What a crock of shit.

World Cup was played in England. If no World Cup, would have been 4 nations, which last nearly as long anyway.

9's was on instead of the All Stars (which got decent crowds by itself) and why would the WCC bother souths fans.

Seriously, out of all of the excuses, these are the worst.

beave

Coach
Hopefully that cyclone up north stays away til sunday and doesn't effect the crowd too much.

I wish they would give us 3 away games at the start of the year, it's not entirely the NRL's fault either, I personally don't think the club is pushing all that hard for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.