What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valheru

Coach
No I meant away Easts fans this week compared to away Souths fans rd 1 last year.
We did more to boost your round 1 crowd in 2013 than you did to boost our crowd this time.

There were definitely more roosters fans RD 1 last year than souths fans RD 1 this year which is a disgrace given their alleged fan base.

Members and crowds are two different things.

Only in the case of souths

Flapper

First Grade
People acting like Souths are the only team in professional sport with crowds lower than their memberships ITT.

georgesnmith

Juniors
after the roosters forwards got destroyed last night id have thought theyd have more things to worry about other than souths home crowds.

butthurt at its finest, and they won the title last year

Brutus

Referee
Given the Thursday night timeslot the crowd wasn't that bad. RL fans pick and choose which games they go to and the location of that stadium always limits the crowd.
The Waratahs overhyped game against the Reds on a Saturday afternoon getting 18,000 was a lot worse in my opinion.
If the atmosphere wasn't that great, it didn't come over on TV - I thought the Souths fans were pretty loud.
As has been stated at Allianz it would have been 30K+ easy.

And 2 years ago the equivalent Rnd 1 game got 18000, despite no free-to-air.

10 years ago this crowd would have been considered a triumph...that's how far things have moved.

10 years ago Souths were total shit.

Dutchy

Immortal
It was the first game of the new season, oldest rivalry, Prems vs chokers. 35k members between them, + non members and neutrals.

Yes 27 is a disgrace.

Meth

Staff member
I love watching Souths games. The constant hum of uninformed boos is electrifyingly monotonous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts