What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Western_Eel

Juniors
The no drinks in the second half stops all my mates coming to games with me,
Does anyone know why they do this? Is it a law?

lockyno1

Post Whore
The no drinks in the second half stops all my mates coming to games with me,
Does anyone know why they do this? Is it a law?

Who knows, isn't it usually 20 minutes to go though That said I am not paying $8 a pop for a beer, can just take a Sprite filled with we will call it Russian pure water and stop by a servo on the way for some cold soft drinks to mix. Works every time lol!

Rarely bother buying beers at the ground- half the time they are mid strength rubbish and they cost too much!

Franklin

Would it be possible for Penrith to match there 03/04 attendence within the next 2-3 years. The potential is there in my opinion, a combination of a strong Eels, Bulldogs, Panthers, Cowboys, Broncos, Souths and Newcastle would do wonders crowd wise.

In 03, Penrith getting 4 20k crowds is phenomenal considering it's one of the smaller NRL clubs in the competition but has alot of untapped potential.

I think panthers are doing the right things to increase crowds. Been to knights games there the last 2 years and its really family friendly. Free rides for kids in kids corner. Food is supposed to be stepped up although didn't eat anything this year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Friday night is not that user friendly for a better word, it is a long way to ANZ. I expect it in the high teens, maybe 21k at most. Normally I agree on Saturday, the baseball will make a fair few stay away unfortunately!

"It is a long away to ANZ"?

It's the most central ground in Sydney aside from MAYBE Parramatta ffs.

You realise the majority of Sydney's 4mil pop lives WEST of the city, right?

guyver78

Juniors
ANZ pays clubs to pay there so i assume they would control ticketing. they are the ones who collect all ticket revenue up to crowds of 20k

and id much rather sit anywhere in the 400s than say past the try line.

they are doing members a favour giving them those good seats.

K mate thanks, that makes sense.

I hate the 400's at ANZ btw, unless its for an origin game.

lockyno1

Post Whore
"It is a long away to ANZ"?

It's the most central ground in Sydney aside from MAYBE Parramatta ffs.

You realise the majority of Sydney's 4mil pop lives WEST of the city, right?

It is a trek and a half after work. Lets say you finish at 5 or 6 in the city....you want to sit on a train for 45 minutes to go to a stadium with NO food outlets (no way to have dinner)...no pubs that sell full strength drinks (no place to have a drink beforehand). The SFS is much better. There is just more things to do around the area and easier to have dinner. The one thing I hate is going to a game without having dinner!

Harrigan

Juniors
I don't know if this is the best place to ask but what's the deal with tickets for 3 year olds in the NRL? There's options for 4-14 but nothing under.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It is a trek and a half after work. Lets say you finish at 5 or 6 in the city....
Please refer to my previous post. The majority of people live and work WEST of the city.
you want to sit on a train for 45 minutes to go to a stadium with NO food outlets (no way to have dinner)...
What train takes 45 minutes to get from Central to OP you bumbling fool? Even if you choose not to catch the CENTRAL STRATHFIELD OLYMPIC PARK direct service it's still a maximum travel time of about 25 minutes.
There are several food outlets - the Novotel building houses a McDonalds, Subway, Gloria Jeans, Cold Rock and The Brewery. There are also a series of restaurants on the opposite side of the station. Do your f**king research idiot.
no pubs that sell full strength drinks (no place to have a drink beforehand).
The.
Brewery.

Idiot.

The SFS is much better.
In terms of the actual watching of the game and the in-ground food options, sure. Otherwise, no.

lockyno1

Post Whore
What train takes 45 minutes to get from Central to OP you bumbling fool? Even if you choose not to catch the CENTRAL STRATHFIELD OLYMPIC PARK direct service it's still a maximum travel time of about 25 minutes.
There are several food outlets - the Novotel building houses a McDonalds, Subway, Gloria Jeans, Cold Rock and The Brewery. There are also a series of restaurants on the opposite side of the station. Do your f**king research idiot.

The.
Brewery.

In terms of the actual watching of the game and the in-ground food options, sure. Otherwise, no.

So so far we have two fast food joints (useless as I haven't eaten fast food for 3 years and for good reason, it is rubbish)...a coffee shot (how does that get dinner?) and an Ice cream joint lol. That is exactly my point! Around the SFS you have Mexican, Italian, Spanish, Korean, etc. All are better quality and all provide a more filling meal!

A pub with mid strength rubbish! Exactly. There are no real pubs around...the best is a good 45 minutes away from the Stadium. The SFS has about 40 pubs..none of which have the audacity to serve mid strength drinks at full strength prices!

The SFS is better, the Stadium is better, you are closer to the action and above all you get a better experience. If I am going to spend $120+ I want a better experience than ANZ!

H.H

Juniors
Please refer to my previous post. The majority of people live and work WEST of the city.

The.
Brewery.

Idiot.

The last two times Ive been to the brewery (Origin 1 and GF last year) I had to drink half strength beer from cans.

F**king ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.