What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyno1

Post Whore
the lines for food and beer at the SFS are a joke. it was a 30 minute wait at the WCC for a beer.

anz get served in minutes

Where were you seated? Usually the SFS is pretty good with service, that said I would rather have a drink at the clock for instance than paying at the stadium

elbusto

Coach
The last two times Ive been to the brewery (Origin 1 and GF last year) I had to drink half strength beer from cans.

F**king ordinary.
I bloody well sobered up at the brewery after five hours of committed drinking before SOO1 last year. Hip flask next time.

Springs

First Grade
Never had a problem with food or drink whenever I've made a trip to ANZ. Mainly because I don't go to the footy to eat at restaurants or get drunk at bars.

lockyno1

Post Whore
So what if they dont? They are people who would go to games. If we only appeal to die hard footy fans the crowds will never grow.

Bingo! My mates are the same, they love a drink both at the ground and before. They won't go to any game at ANZ as there are no pubs around (and the one outside is rubbish serving mid strength dishwater). It is why if we do go, we always bring a flask or 3 to the game.

Springs

First Grade
Alright then let's put bottleshops in every stadium for your alcoholic mates. f**k they must live exciting lives not being able to enjoy anything without alcohol.

Would much rather the footy be family-friendly with a lot less drunken idiots carrying on. If all they want to do is go to the pub then they can go to the pub.

RWB

Bench
Wests Tigers Vs South Sydney

Based on Adult Prices;

$14 for General Admission
$21 for Silver Tickets (~Sitting on 20m line)
$28 for Gold Tickets (Sitting on halfway)

I guess we'll find out just how much of an affect ticket prices really are having on the game because those are very fairly priced categories.

Springs

First Grade
Of all the excuses I have heard for not attending the footy, 'no drinks in the second half' or 'not enough pubs around' are the worst.

betcats

Referee
Alright then let's put bottleshops in every stadium for your alcoholic mates. f**k they must live exciting lives not being able to enjoy anything without alcohol.

Would much rather the footy be family-friendly with a lot less drunken idiots carrying on. If all they want to do is go to the pub then they can go to the pub.

WTF is wrong with you? Seriously get your head checked for brain damage.

The blokes want to have a beer and watch the game and you are going off on a rant like this calling them alcoholics and boring. You are a muppet.

Enjoying a beer while watching the footy is not a crime, does not make you boring or an alcoholic. Not being able to get beers in the second half is a legit complaint when the its so much easier to just buy beers and stay home or go the pub.

If they are casual fans who like a beer on the weekend why would they pay money to go somewhere they cannot get a beer??

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Bingo! My mates are the same, they love a drink both at the ground and before. They won't go to any game at ANZ as there are no pubs around (and the one outside is rubbish serving mid strength dishwater). It is why if we do go, we always bring a flask or 3 to the game.

Yep. People like other sports. want to watch other games before going in. have a bet or have you tasted food in grounds... May want decent food.

I am one of the idiots thay will always go to the footy whether we are good or not....99% of people aren't we need to cater to them

Flapper

First Grade
Of all the excuses I have heard for not attending the footy, 'no drinks in the second half' or 'not enough pubs around' are the worst.

Why? Everyone is going on about how to make attending Rugby League matches an "experience", and makingpeople get off their lounges, and as with a lot of entertainment experiences alcohol is a big part for a lot of people. May not be for you, but it is for the casual fan. They'll be more likely to go if the experience roughly equates to what they can get at home with the added bonus of live footy.

PS 3.70 beers at the Paceway before the Panthers Dogs game on Saturday, how good is that?

betcats

Referee
Yep. People like other sports. want to watch other games before going in. have a bet or have you tasted food in grounds... May want decent food.

I am one of the idiots thay will always go to the footy whether we are good or not....99% of people aren't we need to cater to them

Exactly! Besides the idiot part of course.

Most people want more out of going to the footy then just seeing the footy, if that makes sense.

oikee

Juniors
I dont think it is rugby league fans, or just any fan who wants to turn up that is killing our crowd averages.
I just explained it on the Stadiums blog across the road.
Believe it or not, expansion will improve our crowds averages.
Perth and Brisbane should be able to build crowds. I have said we need 3 teams at least in and around Brisbane.
I explained it over at the stadium blog. If you want it again, i will cut and post it over here.

The soul reason crowds are going backwards is not the fans fault. We have got to stop blaming ourselves. No it is the 80 thousand souless stadium that the NRL is forcing everyone to play out of, we need too smaller stadiums in Sydney. We have 3 codes all wanting to use two big stadiums, one is a 45 thousand rectangle, the other is a souless round 80 thousand white elephant.

So, the NRL has got that wrong, and until we get proper, rectangle, nice stadiums like Suncorp, we will struggle for crowds.
The other as i also pointed out is Monday nights.
Not only have they shafted the Sharks because all teams think its a great idea to take the Sharkies to Monday nights, they are killing off crowds, (no kiddies no Mummies, no daddies, no tourists) they are also sending your own club averages backwards and making the game look dead. I mean the way Monday nights are going, and the Sharks, nobody will be watching on TV either.
Thats it.

cleary89

Coach
At the saints trial they ran out of beer in the first half. Was like 7.30 on a Friday night. We decided to go to the pub instead.

For me and my mates, footy is a place for pre drinks before going out. If it's shit (mid strength, ANZ or what ever) we will just go to someones house and have a few and watch the games then head out.

If you want to make going to the footy solely about watching footy then we will loose even more of our crowds.

lockyno1

Post Whore

You mean the 2 days that we actually have a drink each week, and for the record I won't have more than 3 or 4. That is more than reasonable. However I'm not paying for a venue where I can't have a casual drink with my mates before the match,

lockyno1

Post Whore

Well said. Honestly, we will always have league fans, they go to the game rain, hail or shine. That is not growing crowds, that is keeping them the same. If you want to grow crows they MUST add more to gain others and people that love a beer is one of the key markets. You want to grow the game, you have to cater for them like you said.

lockyno1

Post Whore
At the saints trial they ran out of beer in the first half. Was like 7.30 on a Friday night. We decided to go to the pub instead.

For me and my mates, footy is a place for pre drinks before going out. If it's shit (mid strength, ANZ or what ever) we will just go to someones house and have a few and watch the games then head out.

If you want to make going to the footy solely about watching footy then we will loose even more of our crowds.

At least a few people get it. I have written plenty of emails to the stadium and to the pub at ANZ. How can you serve mid strength rubbish...the game goes for 2 hours...how do you manage to get belted off your face in 2 hours, it isn't an 8 hour cricket match!

We as a sport have to better the experience. The footy can't be purely about the game, make it fun, drinks, rides for the kids, and good healthy food choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.