What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Should get VERY close to 40K with fingers crossed a good forecast!

Lets hope. I think it will be anywhere from 33-37k. The weather around 3-5pm seals the deal for Brisbane folk. Currently the weather seems sunny - 82% humidity, if that builds we will end up wet.

I got Broncos v Cowboys tickets last friday at about 1pm and the pax was 44,500 - crowd was 42.3k.

guyver78

Juniors
I dont think it is rugby league fans, or just any fan who wants to turn up that is killing our crowd averages.
I just explained it on the Stadiums blog across the road.
Believe it or not, expansion will improve our crowds averages.
Perth and Brisbane should be able to build crowds. I have said we need 3 teams at least in and around Brisbane.
I explained it over at the stadium blog. If you want it again, i will cut and post it over here.

The soul reason crowds are going backwards is not the fans fault. We have got to stop blaming ourselves. No it is the 80 thousand souless stadium that the NRL is forcing everyone to play out of, we need too smaller stadiums in Sydney. We have 3 codes all wanting to use two big stadiums, one is a 45 thousand rectangle, the other is a souless round 80 thousand white elephant.

So, the NRL has got that wrong, and until we get proper, rectangle, nice stadiums like Suncorp, we will struggle for crowds.
The other as i also pointed out is Monday nights.
Not only have they shafted the Sharks because all teams think its a great idea to take the Sharkies to Monday nights, they are killing off crowds, (no kiddies no Mummies, no daddies, no tourists) they are also sending your own club averages backwards and making the game look dead. I mean the way Monday nights are going, and the Sharks, nobody will be watching on TV either.
Thats it.

So you don't think the SFS is a good stadium for Rugby League?
What's your solution? Build more 20,000 capacity stadiums? Or perhaps go backwards and play games out of Leichardt? Kograh or Redfern again?

guyver78

Juniors
Anyone got the latest PAX for the Rabbitohs v Tigers game tonite?

I can buy tickets in 107 in practically the same position as monday/tuesday so it's a bit of a worry.

With all Souths season ticket holders shoved to the sides on Level 4 east it's not going to look pretty on TV.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Are you a season ticket holder mate?

im a dragons fan

but i just bought membership to ANZ stadium so plan on going to a lot of games.

includes every game there

$745 a year, year one joining fee $1200, and you can buy a friend an nrl season pass for $105

guyver78

Juniors
im a dragons fan

but i just bought membership to ANZ stadium so plan on going to a lot of games.

includes every game there

$745 a year, year one joining fee $1200, and you can buy a friend an nrl season pass for $105

Not sure that you can even buy tix on level 4 east where the Rabbitohs members get to sit for this game...

I tried to buy some additional tickets as some of my friends wanted to come tonight and all i could buy was Level 1 reserved, no option at all to buy additional tickets on level 4.

Usually in the past you could buy additional seats so that friends could come too for these types of games but not this week.

Another great move by the NRL/Stadium Officials :roll: Now 3 of my friends don't want to come because they cant sit with us leaving the stadium even more empty :roll:

After my brief ban and having many of my posts deleted relating to tonights Souths and Tigers game, just be careful that not ALL Souths ticketed members have reciprocal access to the game.

My wife's ticket does not allow her access at all.

My two sons' have GA tickets so have to sit GA, whilst my ticket and my father in law's allows us access up to what I think is the 400 bay.

So, out of 4 people going, only 2 are scanning in cause I'm carrying my two small kids in with me and they will sit on our laps.

SFS/SCG has a 12 year waitlist and annual fees of $1,100

And you have to line up at 4am to get a seat in the Members for Test matches.

LOL! What a farce!

Me, I buy my tix in June/July and sit in the concourse. Pick my seat, guaranteed spot. Cost me $50 admission.

guyver78

Juniors
After my brief ban and having many of my posts deleted relating to tonights Souths and Tigers game, just be careful that not ALL Souths ticketed members have reciprocal access to the game.

My wife's ticket does not allow her access at all.

My two sons' have GA tickets so have to sit GA, whilst my ticket and my father in law's allows us access up to what I think is the 400 bay.

So, out of 4 people going, only 2 are scanning in cause I'm carrying my two small kids in with me and they will sit on our laps.

Yeah only the Premium and Plus memberships get you in. If you're planning to attend all games, unless you plan to go to the interstate games I dont know why you'd bother getting any other membership but the Plus membership.

With littlies, my wife has had a full season ticket for the past 2 years and attended maybe 4-5 games a year due to scheduling conflicts.

Still, we buy the ticket.

This year it was a bit cheaper for her ticket without the reciprocal games, so we took that option.

georgesnmith

Juniors
No it isn't- depends on the membership but tibia less than $500 per year obviously more for double membership. Either way that ANZ membership is a ripoff

only one league team, and a handful of games at the SCG

unless you're really into cricket, AFL and union it just doesnt add up

guyver78

Juniors
With littlies, my wife has had a full season ticket for the past 2 years and attended maybe 4-5 games a year due to scheduling conflicts.

Still, we buy the ticket.

This year it was a bit cheaper for her ticket without the reciprocal games, so we took that option.

Yeah Good point. The same memberships went up in price this year too, I think I paid $320 last year, this year I think it was $375 or something like that.

juro

Bench
Not sure that you can even buy tix on level 4 east where the Rabbitohs members get to sit for this game...

I tried to buy some additional tickets as some of my friends wanted to come tonight and all i could buy was Level 1 reserved, no option at all to buy additional tickets on level 4.

Usually in the past you could buy additional seats so that friends could come too for these types of games but not this week.

Another great move by the NRL/Stadium Officials :roll: Now 3 of my friends don't want to come because they cant sit with us leaving the stadium even more empty :roll:
Did it ever occur to you that you could all just sit in general admission seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts