What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Mk 3

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
57,156 official.

NRL will eclipse that without a sweat tomorrow.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Gees that's surprising. It looked more to be honest.

nah ...... western top deck empty .. they really tried to keep the cameras away from showing it

large banks of empty seats all ova the rest of the joint

I said mid 50's only... after having a good look at it after the NRL was over

woeful crowd considering all the hype ..... 20K collingwood fans there meant not even 40K Sydneysiders bothered turning up :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
AFL would be disappointed - the 2006 prelim between Swans and Freo got 61,373 - same night, same week.

Raiderdave

First Grade
come on Dogs & Bunnies fans who haven't bought tickets
off yr butts ... lets go
plenty of seats available

& others with nothing to do tomorrow night
it will be a pretty good night at ANZ tomorrow

lets stomp on this vicky kicky crowd from a great height :D

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Yeh, probably, but not by as many as you think, and so what?
Don't be such a dick.

Suity

:lol: touchy much?

NRL fans are notorious for buying walk-up. It will be a better crowd by a significant margin (62k already sold).

Wasn't even being a dick about it, just illustrating the NRL is better supported.

For what it's worth, as I said above, the AFL crowd is actually down on the 2006 preliminary final when the Swans played Freo, arguably a less supported team.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Really? Any source you listened to on radio or tv was predicting 70K+. So after all this doom and gloom about AFL taking over it isn't even as big as crowds they have had in the regular season. Also considering collingwoods away support i dare say the storm brought almost as many fans as the swans.

The crowd did look like more than that so i will wait for another source though.

Yeah funny how they only sold 500 odd more tix in the last 36 hours...

Methinks the afl media managers may have stage managed the war ??

but now we have to suffer another week of swans bullshit in the media......

and now they do have the 2 biggest club games in sydney all year of any sport ...

Lets not gloat too early

Suitman

Post Whore
:lol: touchy much?

NRL fans are notorious for buying walk-up. It will be a better crowd by a significant margin (62k already sold).

Wasn't even being a dick about it, just illustrating the NRL is better supported.

For what it's worth, as I said above, the AFL crowd is actually down on the 2006 preliminary final when the Swans played Freo, arguably a less supported team.

Touchy much? About ALF? LOL.

Please don't say stuff like the bit in red. Please.

Suity

Jason Maher

Immortal
Fremantle arguably less supported than Collingwood... that's like saying the Tits have arguably fewer fans than souffs.

Billythekid

First Grade
Just on that comparison Timmah i'd say the fact that at the peak of their hype they got over 70K to a regular season game against collingwood is pretty telling. This used to be a standard regular season crowd against them. Now they can only get that ina prelim final that is pretty much as talked about in the media as a SOO.

Suity

Why? He is talking about Sydney and that is spot on. After a week of listening to nothing but media hyping up this crowd and which would be bigger i don't see the problem with what Timmah is saying.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member

Suity

Why? He is talking about Sydney and that is spot on. After a week of listening to nothing but media hyping up this crowd and which would be bigger i don't see the problem with what Timmah is saying.

This. I meant to say Sydney.

Not touchy about AFL at all. I think it's superb that Sydney is diverse enough to welcome what looks to be anywhere from 120 to 135k into the same ground for TWO different sports just 24 hours apart.

Doesn't mean I can't be pleased that the code I lend my support to enjoyed better support in my home city.

Big Sam

First Grade
come on Dogs & Bunnies fans who haven't bought tickets
off yr butts ... lets go
plenty of seats available

& others with nothing to do tomorrow night
it will be a pretty good night at ANZ tomorrow

lets stomp on this vicky kicky crowd from a great height :D

Well said!