What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Mk 3

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
On a positive note it seems the afl fans have decided they would rather sit in the nose bleeds

Rather than be fisted for $120 bucks

Greedy greedy pricks

I don't hate the game it's ok

I just don't f**kin trust those slimy merkins

Clifferd

Coach
Good effort. Remember Manly would of had no more than 2,000 fans there, and their dorky stick insect team was playing on TV

Billythekid

First Grade
That's all right. Still reckon they could have got more had it been played at Etihad.

Based on what? Anyway i'd rather the game be in a packed Aami and look and sound incredible and look empty in a cavernous AFL ground. We should avoid playing at any AFL grounds if at all possible, it ruins the spectacle.

The storm probably should have been in there signing members for next year. Now is the time to really try and push memberships for next year.

Trentosaurus

Juniors
I don't think the crowd figures really matter for that game. They were loud and passionate and it looked good on TV. Who cares if Etihad might have fit in a few more fans?

Billythekid

First Grade
57K at the Boggerball game according to Sydney Olympic Park on Twitter.

Really? Any source you listened to on radio or tv was predicting 70K+. So after all this doom and gloom about AFL taking over it isn't even as big as crowds they have had in the regular season. Also considering collingwoods away support i dare say the storm brought almost as many fans as the swans.

The crowd did look like more than that so i will wait for another source though.

Last edited: