What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_nat

Coach
Don't agree. Bulldogs played a team less than 2hr drive on a Sunday. Souths verses a Victorian team on a Friday not as easily accessable to opposition. 2k difference.

Storm support in Sydney isn't that bad. But yeah, decent Newcastle turnout today.

Both games should do better. Finals deserve more.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Someone said it earlier but maybe members should get free entry to finals week 1. There would need to be a registration system of sorts so they know how much to sell publicly. Would ensure a good turnout and be an extra incentive for membership.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Someone said it earlier but maybe members should get free entry to finals week 1. There would need to be a registration system of sorts so they know how much to sell publicly. Would ensure a good turnout and be an extra incentive for membership.

Or at least 50% off all tickets. It would really improve the attendances.

Say 25% off week 2.

Big Sam

First Grade
What are the times/dates for the Roosters and Rabbitohs respective games in a fortnight?

Souths Friday, Easts Saturday so the semi winners each get exactly 7 days.

Just on the Prelims, why hasn't the NRL released ticketing details already? You could have 20k sold for each just this week. Dumb management.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Souths Friday, Easts Saturday so the semi winners each get exactly 7 days.

Just on the Prelims, why hasn't the NRL released ticketing details already? You could have 20k sold for each just this week. Dumb management.
Exactly my thought. Would be better crowd wise but it won't happen as the best seats will be sold before the other team knows if they're in or not. And those fans would crack the sh!ts

Diesel

Referee
In future i would like to see Parra Stadium nominated as a third venue for sydney finals. After all it is being singled out for upgrades in capacity and facilites.

This way it can be used for potential low drawing matches such as Cronulla V NQ that we had this year so that the double header concept is consigned to the bin where it belongs.

I agree, would work for well for low drawing and Penrith for home finals games in week 1

ag6858

Juniors
Seems to be very affordable prices for the Sharks-Manly semi on Friday. Sadly, the same can't be said for Storm-Knights.

Diesel

Referee
So that's approximately 75000 for the 4 games.

The NRL have failed this year.

They need to tell 9 to f**k off and choose teams that suit certain times slots.

I also think 9 were also partly responsible for the DH that most of us on here said wouldnt work.

Souths/Storm deserved Sunday or Saturday 7pm

NRL grow some balls when dealing with ANZ Stadium, AFL and 9 FFS

Mr Saab

Referee
Ahhh the days of the 1994 finals series. Sure there was no live TV back then (unless you had WIN TV), but each game drew over 33k at the SFS and that included out of town team Brisbane and Canberra.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Parra got 28,524 against the Titans in a finals game in 09,Titans have even less fans in Sydney then the Storm and Knights

Eels proving once again they own the Bunnies and the Doggies,we got dis

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thought the whole finals first round was excellent. Every game enjoyable and hard fought, good atmospheres, great start to the finals.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
The old days of finals at sfs had a unique following ;

Many football / social club trips were organized around going down to both games staying over night going to the races as well etc

I know I got invited on a fair few bus trips to Sydney to watch finals

Who was playing was never a concern you just knew it would be a good weekend

The neutral fan has really been frozen out of the new system

Status
Not open for further replies.