What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Bench
Fair play to Manly fans on Saturday, there weren't huge numbers but they made a lot of noise. I can't remember any away supporter group coming to the SFS this season and making as much, consistent noise as they did.

Both sets of supporters trying to drown each other out created an awesome atmosphere.

Big Sam

First Grade
Fair play to Manly fans on Saturday, there weren't huge numbers but they made a lot of noise. I can't remember any away supporter group coming to the SFS this season and making as much, consistent noise as they did.

You mustn't have gone to Round 1.

Card Shark

Immortal

Both sets of supporters trying to drown each other out created an awesome atmosphere.

See any of the first game?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pass mark yeah, but still not what it should be.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that the two clubs with the highest membership and crowd average in Sydney should be drawing 25'000+ to home finals.

Newcastle is now in Sydney? :crazy:

LOL Timmah bagging Souths crowd, then excusing Bulldogs crowd....

Classic stuff champ.

As a Manly fan, I am in no position to crap on anyone's crowd, but Timmah, mate, please....

Please enlighten me as to how 21k is more than 23k.

Happy to hear it.

mave

Coach
Newcastle is now in Sydney? :crazy:

Please enlighten me as to how 21k is more than 23k.

Happy to hear it.

Happy to put my nuts on the line that Newcastle brought more than 2k more than Melbourne to the game mate.

Dogs and Souths pulled very similar numbers.

You sh*t on Souths numbers......

RWB

Bench
No. I went to the match on Friday. Why would I go see two teams I dislike?

You just seemed to be making the point that I wasn't in a position to make that comment because I 'must have not gone to the Round 1 game'.

A fair premise but ironic given I attended both games and you did not.

Contrary to popular belief amongst Souths fans, they aren't the best at everything...

Craigshark

First Grade
Souths Friday, Easts Saturday so the semi winners each get exactly 7 days.

Just on the Prelims, why hasn't the NRL released ticketing details already? You could have 20k sold for each just this week. Dumb management.

Is this definate?

IF the Sharks win, they'd play Souths on Friday night?

Jamberoo

Juniors
Seems to be very affordable prices for the Sharks-Manly semi on Friday. Sadly, the same can't be said for Storm-Knights.
Average seats (where we would normally sit) for the Storm match are $195 for the family of 4. $30 for a 5 year old FFS.
Has made me think twice about going now.
In an AFL town, it is ridiculous to price RL higher.
This is why only only NSW/Qld/NZ ex-pats follow Storm.
No AFL game on Saturday and a great opportunity but the NRL has priced themselves out of a big crowd.
Will be around 20K.

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
I can't understand when the game has the highest income ever that tickets aren't subsidised, has this question been asked of the commission?

guyver78

Juniors
How bad are these crowds, we should hang our heads in shame...

Souths v Melbourne = Disgraceful even if it was a friday night game with an out of town team. If 40,000 Souths supporters can turn up against the Roosters the week before then surely we should be able to pull in something similar for a finals game.

Double Header = Disgraceful for 3 Sydney teams but it wasn't really a good idea to start off with.

Dogs v Knights = Disgraceful considering that there was a fair few Knights supporters there.

Status
Not open for further replies.