What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Maher

Immortal
thats because we (the Broncs) were rubbish ... your kidding yourself if you think that double header would have drawn less to Suncorp

3 Sydney teams + the Cowboys and you get 32k ? :roll:

Sydney are a disgrace and more than ever its pretty obvious the number of teams down there needs to be culled ... how that occurs, I really couldn't care less but the NRL is so inept I'm sure it won't happen for a long time

Oink !

The Broncos also need to be split into 3 or 4 teams.

Oink!

Billythekid

First Grade
thats because we (the Broncs) were rubbish ... your kidding yourself if you think that double header would have drawn less to Suncorp

3 Sydney teams + the Cowboys and you get 32k ? :roll:

Sydney are a disgrace and more than ever its pretty obvious the number of teams down there needs to be culled ... how that occurs, I really couldn't care less but the NRL is so inept I'm sure it won't happen for a long time

Oink !

Haha broncs were rubbish? Yous have been by far the best team in the comp since your existence. One year of missing the 8 and look at your crowds slide.

Have a look at the sort of form most Sydney teams have had in that period. A f*cking bronco fan using form as an excuse for crowds and then bagging out Sydney clubs is an absolute joke.

Give a few of these Sydney clubs the sort of success the broncos have had and give the broncs a few wooden spoon seasons and we'll see how the crowds look.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Haha broncs were rubbish? Yous have been by far the best team in the comp since your existence. One year of missing the 8 and look at your crowds slide.

Have a look at the sort of form most Sydney teams have had in that period. A f*cking bronco fan using form as an excuse for crowds and then bagging out Sydney clubs is an absolute joke.

Give a few of these Sydney clubs the sort of success the broncos have had and give the broncs a few wooden spoon seasons and we'll see how the crowds look.

Stupid.

Current form is always the crowd puller. If Melbourne were shite all year, I doubt they have posted a crowd increase. Even after winning it last year.

"Oh lets go to this Broncos v Bulldogs on the thursday night - BECAUSE WE WON IN 1992, 1993, 1997, 1998, 2000 and 2006 - you beuty!!"

Pfft.

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Stupid.

Current form is always the crowd puller. If Melbourne were shite all year, I doubt they have posted a crowd increase. Even after winning it last year.

"Oh lets go to this Broncos v Bulldogs on the thursday night - BECAUSE WE WON IN 1992, 1993, 1997, 1998, 2000 and 2006 - you beuty!!"

Pfft.

Having success is how you build a fan base. Long periods of being sh*t turns fans away. If you think having one season where you are just outside the top 8 is bad try dealing with what teams like Panthers/tigers/souths/sharks have had in the last 10-15 years. Hell for a team like the tigers the broncos result this year is pretty much above average.

But hey i guess we can rely on the unbiased opinion of SLRBRONCOS to let us know why broncos crowds are so good.

Edit: And i'm not saying broncos crowds are bad before you try your usual BS spin.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So taking the two games into account at the double header the average would be 16k for each! Easily more than 32k would have turned in total for two separate clashes making the DH concept a farce and whoever made the decision should be ashamed and also out of the job
Roosters v Manly *might* have cracked 20k, Sharks game probably 16-17k. We're not talking that much more.

Even then that's only if the Sharks game was at Remondis. Sharks v Cowboys at Allianz on it's own would've been a disaster, sub-15k.

Anything less than 35k for Manly v Sharks would be a disaster. This game should be marketed intensely starting from now, if not they really do have no idea what they are doing at HQ. They allowed week 1 to drift off the radar in terms of promotion and have had poor crowds as a result, plus i think the ticketing is a little to expensive for week 1 finals.
That's crap. Manly Cowboys last year only got 16,678 on the same weekend. Anything less than 25k is probably a pass mark.

I agree that promotion needs to be better. But ticket prices (for ANZ at least) are in line with regular season. Double header was pretty much forced on the NRL imo.

Today the trains are off on the Newcastle line. Brilliant just brilliant. 20k max i'm afraid
WTF are they supposed to do? Trackwork is scheduled anywhere 6 months to 2 years ahead of time, and they can't just stop or avoid either the trackwork or the footy because it might be an inconvenience. They still run f**king buses ffs! There's also SEVEN Sid Foggs booked from Newcastle.

I'm not usually a doom and gloom merchant but the way this finals series has been scheduled and promoted has been nothing short of a disgrace
You're doom and gloom and negative because your team was one of the ones forced into the double header. It was still a great evening of footy with two pretty good games and you won.

I'm so sick of people believing the stupid rhetoric put out by cretins like Ritchie, Kent and Rothfield about the state of our game. YES we can do better, but we're not in Super League territory where the average finals crowd is nearer to 8,000...

Billythekid

First Grade
Roosters v Manly *might* have cracked 20k, Sharks game probably 16-17k. We're not talking that much more.

Even then that's only if the Sharks game was at Remondis. Sharks v Cowboys at Allianz on it's own would've been a disaster, sub-15k.

If roosters/manly play at allianz and sharks play at remondis there is no question they get more than 32K. So not only do we get more fans through the gate but we do so without having to take away the home ground advantage that teams have earned over 26 rounds.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Have a read of what I said again? I haven't questioned the combined total would exceed 32k - in fact i've implicitly said we'd have had minimum 36-37k if the games were played at Allianz and Remondis separately.

That said, one thing I'm sick of people saying is "earned home advantage". The NRL outlines at the start of the season that week one finals are NOT home ground, but home city. That means Cronulla, Manly, Penrith and Parramatta will NOT play at their traditional grounds, end of!

Billythekid

First Grade
Have a read of what I said again? I haven't questioned the combined total would exceed 32k - in fact i've implicitly said we'd have had minimum 36-37k if the games were played at Allianz and Remondis separately.

That said, one thing I'm sick of people saying is "earned home advantage". The NRL outlines at the start of the season that week one finals are NOT home ground, but home city. That means Cronulla, Manly, Penrith and Parramatta will NOT play at their traditional grounds, end of!

Doesn't mean i can't disagree with that decision. Even if you agree with the decision that you can't play at suburban grounds that isn't the same thing as being made to share a ground for a double header.

Because insular Sydney inbreds can't stand to see their team play someone from out of town? Idiots!

Probably more because sharks have a small fan base and don't draw well away from their home ground. Not much better of an excuse i know.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Based on the other 3 games final results crowd wise I think 20k will be a struggle today

And NRL seems to be very strict on their reporting

No round ups

CC_Roosters

First Grade
In future i would like to see Parra Stadium nominated as a third venue for sydney finals. After all it is being singled out for upgrades in capacity and facilites.

This way it can be used for potential low drawing matches such as Cronulla V NQ that we had this year so that the double header concept is consigned to the bin where it belongs.

Billythekid

First Grade
In future i would like to see Parra Stadium nominated as a third venue for sydney finals. After all it is being singled out for upgrades in capacity and facilites.

This way it can be used for potential low drawing matches such as Cronulla V NQ that we had this year so that the double header concept is consigned to the bin where it belongs.

Also gives us a bit more ammo when trying to get the stadium upgraded (potentially more big drawing games).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts