What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Dont worry - about 12k+ Carlton supporters travelled. Im watching it now, and they wont stop whinging about how slippery the field is that was underneath the sideline seating from last night.

Fairies need to piss off to the SCG. When the SCG redevelopment is finished, there is NEVER a need to play at ANZ.

Wow - if 12,000 travelled that shows the difference in dedication between AFL & RL fans (e.g. Manly fans won't even travel across the bridge). How many Dogs or Knights fans will be at the Storm game next week? - 500 tops I reckon.
I am always amazed how few opposition fans there are at Storm games. There is usually only a few hundred and I guess many of them would be people from Sydney working here.
The most I have ever seen was Storm V Parra Prelim around 2007. I reckon there 5K+ Eels fans there. Added heaps to the atmosphere.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
That 37,980 crowd figure is interesting.

Same crowd as Round 23 against the Hawks.

Figure fudging?

There must be some interesting ticketing strategies in place to seat people on the eastern side stands when season tickets are no longer valid on the western side. It's the only explaination I can think of.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Wow - if 12,000 travelled that shows the difference in dedication between AFL & RL fans (e.g. Manly fans won't even travel across the bridge). How many Dogs or Knights fans will be at the Storm game next week? - 500 tops I reckon.
I am always amazed how few opposition fans there are at Storm games. There is usually only a few hundred and I guess many of them would be people from Sydney working here.
The most I have ever seen was Storm V Parra Prelim around 2007. I reckon there 5K+ Eels fans there. Added heaps to the atmosphere.

To put it in perspective they occupied an area the size of the blatchy blues + a few cat 1 bays - of course these weren't 100% full - the stands were patchy.

Carlton supporters are known as a wealthy demographic, so they do travel well.

Yeah its so much better when theres away support hey, thats what I do like about Broncos crowds, always enough support from the other team to make a bit of noise.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
There is absolutely no doubt, Suncorp would have had more people for that double header with exactly the same sides playing

Shame Sydney shame

Oink !

In 2011 we had a MANLY and BULLDOGS home game double header and got 32,000. Broncos members happily paid to go to that, as i remember the crowd was 80% in our favour.

I feel sorry for the Roosters though.

Pigskin

Juniors
Brisbane were struggling to draw 30k for the last half of the season. Get your hand off it.

thats because we (the Broncs) were rubbish ... your kidding yourself if you think that double header would have drawn less to Suncorp

3 Sydney teams + the Cowboys and you get 32k ? :roll:

Sydney are a disgrace and more than ever its pretty obvious the number of teams down there needs to be culled ... how that occurs, I really couldn't care less but the NRL is so inept I'm sure it won't happen for a long time

Oink !

paulmac

Juniors

Whenever the warrior's play the storm at aami there are more Kiwis than storm fans.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Whenever the warrior's play the storm at aami there are more Kiwis than storm fans.
Forgot about the Warriors - have not seen them play since we moved to AAMI.
Still, doubt many of them travel - would be Kiwi's living here.
Biggest surprise was Bulldogs - one of the 'big' sydney clubs yet I recon there was less than 50 Dogs supporters here the last time I saw Storm v Dogs.

RWB

Bench
I don't get why the NRL is running finals games, the clubs from my experience do it so much better.

I noticed last night and tonight that the big screens were on a 3 second delay, I don't know how they've managed to stuff that up either because it has never been an issue before.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not to mention the clock stuff up at the end of the Sharks/Cowboys game...

BunniesMan

Immortal
So 3 Sydney teams managed to get 10,000 each to the SFS?

Tell me more about how that shows how great those teams are and how shit Souths are for getting over 20,000 in a non elimination at night against an out of town team.

Diesel

Referee
I hope that someone gets carted out to media today to explain why there was a double header at the SFS and only 32K turned up and if this has reached expectation from the NRL suits then something needs to change.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The only thing that needs to change is the way some Sydneysiders will go to George Costanza lengths to find excuses not to go to the football...

The only people to blame for 32k turning up to the SFS are 'fans' who didn't turn up to a finals match. The NRL can have the greatest product in the universe but it means nothing if the fans won't leave the house.

hutch

First Grade
Funny how Brisbane fans are doing most of the whinging, with one team averaging only 30k this year. A hell of a lot more fans go to the footy in Sydney than in Brisbane, get your hands off it!

So 3 Sydney teams managed to get 10,000 each to the SFS?

Tell me more about how that shows how great those teams are and how shit Souths are for getting over 20,000 in a non elimination at night against an out of town team.

Maybe this shows how a plan to move games to these stadiums rather than teams using their suburban grounds is a dumb idea.

That Sharks game being played at Remondis would have filled the joint. 22,000 odd.
Roosters v Manly would have still got 30,000.

The fact it was a double header and price would have stopped many from going to the game when they can watch it live on TV for nothing.

The only thing that needs to change is the way some Sydneysiders will go to George Costanza lengths to find excuses not to go to the football...

The only people to blame for 32k turning up to the SFS are 'fans' who didn't turn up to a finals match. The NRL can have the greatest product in the universe but it means nothing if the fans won't leave the house.

Rubbish.

Price and paying to watch teams you don't support is the issue.

Double header, double smelter. Rubbish call by the NRL

CC_Roosters

First Grade
So taking the two games into account at the double header the average would be 16k for each! Easily more than 32k would have turned in total for two separate clashes making the DH concept a farce and whoever made the decision should be ashamed and also out of the job

Anything less than 35k for Manly v Sharks would be a disaster. This game should be marketed intensely starting from now, if not they really do have no idea what they are doing at HQ. They allowed week 1 to drift off the radar in terms of promotion and have had poor crowds as a result, plus i think the ticketing is a little to expensive for week 1 finals.

Today the trains are off on the Newcastle line. Brilliant just brilliant. 20k max i'm afraid

I'm not usually a doom and gloom merchant but the way this finals series has been scheduled and promoted has been nothing short of a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts