What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker

Coach
15,000 tickets sold on day 1 for the Roosters Vs Knights game.

Will be interesting to see how ticket sales go tomorrow when they're released to the general public.

Just posted this in another thread:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=427404

Tickets for the prelims went on sale to the general public today (i.e. non-NRL/club members). I just bought mine for the Knights/Roosters game on Saturday.

16,716 is my PAX no. and I bought mine at 10:20am today.

cleary89

Coach
Will buy tickets to Friday if I can get cheap tickets. Apparently burrow tickets are only $20. Any idea how I can get them? Happy to sit in with the toothless bogans (and maybe even go for them) if I can get $20 tickets.

RWB

Bench
Nothing short of a sellout will be a pass mark for the Sydney & Newcastle.

Expecting around 55,000-60,000 for Souths v Manly.

lol it'd be the first sell out @ the SFS in a finals game since the NRL started in 1998.

It'd be more than a pass mark it'd be awesome.

Pass mark is 35k. Anything above is great.

Brutus

Referee
That's the highest attendance along with the Roosters Vs Bulldogs in 2003 (41,123)

After that it's all mid to low 30,000. which is where I think the game on Saturday will fall.

Roosters v Dogs 2003 and Tigers v Dragons 2005 were both official sell-outs.

Raiderdave

First Grade
lets not get capacity & sellout mixed up

theres been numerous sellouts at the SFS for Rugby League , the grounds capacity when it was built in 1988 was 40,000

this increased to 41,500 in 1990
42,500 in 1992
in 2006 it was increased again to 45,000 & that's its capacity today.

Rugby Leagues biggest attendance there was the 1993 ARL GF
1997 it was 42,234

the GF qualifier between the Bulldogs & Raiders in 1994 attracted 41,859
the Prelim final that year between the Raiders & Norths ... 41,941

all of these games were sellouts
Soccer holds the record attendance of 43,949 in 1994 for a game against Argentina .... that was of course a massive fudge as they simply wouldn't have allowed that many people in.

the grounds present capacity has not been threatened since 2006
with the 41,900 odd for the A League GF this year .. the biggest since then.

Brutus

Referee
I remember very clearly the "house full" signs going for the 2003 and 2005 prelims.

2005 sold out in a couple of days.

2005 was a definite sell out.

The reason for the capacity difference is members.

In that regard turn out should be good for sat as the roosters draw well for the members section.

guyver78

Juniors
Will buy tickets to Friday if I can get cheap tickets. Apparently burrow tickets are only $20. Any idea how I can get them? Happy to sit in with the toothless bogans (and maybe even go for them) if I can get $20 tickets.

There were some $20 tickets but they're all gone, got sold within about 3 minutes to members.

You can buy them for $35 near that area so it's still fairly cheap

the dude

Juniors
Guys.. If you can't afford the cost to either of these games

I strongly suggest getting a few GA kids tickets. Views really aren't that bad at either stadium, you can get them for $15 for Souths V Manly and print them off at home

PAX for Souths Manly at 8pm last night was 15,150

WaznTheGreat

Referee
lol it'd be the first sell out @ the SFS in a finals game since the NRL started in 1998.

It'd be more than a pass mark it'd be awesome.

Pass mark is 35k. Anything above is great.

Eels got 44k against the Cowboys once in a finals match so 35k with the help of a popular Knights team would be a disgrace

cleary89

Coach
There were some $20 tickets but they're all gone, got sold within about 3 minutes to members.

You can buy them for $35 near that area so it's still fairly cheap

Yeh it is... but still... Would be taking the English gf to her second game (first was sharks v manly, again 2 teams I hate) so would be 70 plus the booking fee's. Plus what ever else. Probably better off getting some takeaway and having a few beers at home or even going to a pub to watch it.

I'll probably hold out and see if leagueunlimited27 does anything again or maybe even the kids GA tickets but I don't wanna pay top dollar for both of us when she has no idea whats happening and I hate both the teams.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Eels got 44k against the Cowboys once in a finals match so 35k with the help of a popular Knights team would be a disgrace

Don't turn into that dickhead haynetrain again, the Wazn loving one is better.

I think we're getting into semantics with whether it will be capacity or a sellout, 41237 or 42137 is still a great crowd. I'm thinking 35000 which is still a great crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts