What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LatK7

First Grade
Just listening to Triple M and they say around 40k expected. That would be poor especially considering the 09, 10, 12 prelim crowds.

BunniesMan

Immortal
People claiming there's going to be 50,000 to 60,000 are kidding. I'm a Souths' fan and I have to tell you I don't think there is going to be more than 30,000 there and after all the hype for years and after all the 'when we're going well again we'll sell out the stadium ten times over' it's amounted to nothing but a thud back to earth that in regards to supporter base who will get out there to watch their team - we're exactly the same as all the other sydney clubs, give or take.

Lol 30K only?

There will easily be 50k people with the pax already at 42k odd

BunniesMan

Immortal
People claiming there's going to be 50,000 to 60,000 are kidding. I'm a Souths' fan and I have to tell you I don't think there is going to be more than 30,000 there and after all the hype for years and after all the 'when we're going well again we'll sell out the stadium ten times over' it's amounted to nothing but a thud back to earth that in regards to supporter base who will get out there to watch their team - we're exactly the same as all the other sydney clubs, give or take.
We got one of the biggest seasons of crowds in the history of Sydney rugby league. And we did it with no afternoon games at ANZ.

How is it our fault that there will be more Knights fans at the SFS than Manly fans at ANZ.

We will still have by far the most fans show up of any of the 4 teams.

To suggest we are like all the other clubs is lunacy. No Sydney club but the Dogs are comparable to our crowds.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It is unjustifiable for a Sydney team to only be responsible for one quarter of ticket sales to a grand final qualifier in Sydney.

Imagine if the Eels or Tigers or Bulldogs had their sort of unparalleled success.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
if that is the correct pax 30 hrs out
& it doesn't include the members who total 14,000 odd

we'd be looking at between 55 & 60K.. which is what smarter posters in here were tipping
They have reserved bays 128-132 for ANZ Stadium Members so I think there are pre-booked members allocations which would count to PAX. I could be wrong though.

Raiderdave

First Grade
They have reserved bays 128-132 for ANZ Stadium Members so I think there are pre-booked members allocations which would count to PAX. I could be wrong though.

that's 5 bays only or about 3000 seats

ANZ members have a total of 18,400 seats maximum set aside for them in about 37 bays including the above 5 bays

we've had this discussion before
the 14K ANZ members are not part of the pax ....

jimmee007

Juniors
that's 5 bays only or about 3000 seats

ANZ members have a total of 18,400 seats maximum set aside for them in about 37 bays including the above 5 bays

we've had this discussion before
the 14K ANZ members are not part of the pax ....

I am an ANZ member and have had to pre book tickets this afternoon they said level 4 only had seats available in the last 2 bays and level one had ' a bit of room'

So a fair few pax would have been allocated to those who have already booked their seats.

In saying that, some members will get their tickets allocated when the go to the ticket office tomorrow when just their members pass doesn't scan them in.

Last edited:

Ziggy the God

First Grade
40k would be awful

50k would be ordinary

60k would be good.

for Sths v Manly

Only 3 preliminaries have ever cracked 60k, and two of them involve the Dogs.

One of them involved us.

Last week, with a double header, including Manly, they couldn't even crack 33k.

Ticket sales are going 3 to 1 to Souths in this game.

So at this run rate we would need 45k of us and hope they turn up with 15k.

If we bring 40k, we still won't get to 60k.

Anything to have a subtle stab at us, hey Brutus.

Same shiate all year from you.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Surprised by the ticket sales for the knights so far but that's pretty good and should make for a good atmosphere. I would imagine from now until kickoff will be mostly our fans who don't need to lock ticketed early in the week which Newcastle do for travel reasons.

by kickoff I would expect 66% chooks. Neutrals will back knights I would say.

manly are deadset a disgrace, credit to the fans who do turnup but clearly despite almost a decade of success not enough people care in the northern beaches to warrant a team there

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I also hate the way media typed make either grand predictions s of a huge crowd or medicore crowd leading up to games. Doesn't happen in any other sport I know of

Brutus

Referee
Only 3 preliminaries have ever cracked 60k, and two of them involve the Dogs.

One of them involved us.

Last week, with a double header, including Manly, they couldn't even crack 33k.

Ticket sales are going 3 to 1 to Souths in this game.

So at this run rate we would need 45k of us and hope they turn up with 15k.

If we bring 40k, we still won't get to 60k.

Anything to have a subtle stab at us, hey Brutus.

Same shiate all year from you.

So Ziggy, you would be happy with 40k?

If so then you are dropped next week for Les Biles.

If a Roosters v Cowboys semi can attract 43k then surely Souths v Manly can get at least 50k.

And ground capacity has held massive prelim finals back in the past. Tigers v Dragons in 2005 would have just about packed Homebush.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
We're responsible for 75% of sales. We do not deserve a word of criticism. People having a go at us without saying anything about Manly are not even trying to look unbiased.

You know what everyone is missing?

The average joe out there is struggling...there is less disposable income and that hits league fans as much as anyone

It's not just the ticket price...it's the food, drink, transport etc...all outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.