What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valheru

Coach
LOL@Easts - almost outnumbered again at home.

Lol if it said 80% roosters and 20% Knights you would claim the figures are fudged. Given the general public are not required to state who they are supporting when buying tickets it is clear the figures are unreliable at best. I think you will find that 53% of tickets sold so far are in the roosters designated section and 47% in the Knights. Given the game looks close to selling out one would expect an even distribution with a lot of roosters fans in the Knights sections and some Knights fans in the roosters sections.

The Director

Juniors
Lol 30K only?

There will easily be 50k people with the pax already at 42k odd

Don't believe the PAX Number.

People using the 'other teams supporters don't show up blah blah blah' are covering for the fact that 6 years ago they were the same people saying we'd sell out ANZ without needing the opposition fans to even show.

There won't be more than 40,000 there tonight and as a Souths fan I am hugely disappointed. Souths' fans talk as if we're the sleeping giant. Well the bulldogs brought 35-40k last year (they outnumbered us) and the tigers/eels fans would bring at least 30k to a prelim final at ANZ too. So the fact we're comparable to these sides simply means we're not this dominant force of thousands of people waiting to come out of their homes for a big game.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong. For all the hype I've heard over the past 10 years I feel like a prelim final should sell out ANZ despite who we're playing.

woodyk2

First Grade
Lol if it said 80% roosters and 20% Knights you would claim the figures are fudged. Given the general public are not required to state who they are supporting when buying tickets it is clear the figures are unreliable at best. I think you will find that 53% of tickets sold so far are in the roosters designated section and 47% in the Knights. Given the game looks close to selling out one would expect an even distribution with a lot of roosters fans in the Knights sections and some Knights fans in the roosters sections.
Judging by the vibe up here there will be a LOT of Knights fans there. The place is going mental.:crazy:

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I am an ANZ member and have had to pre book tickets this afternoon they said level 4 only had seats available in the last 2 bays and level one had ' a bit of room'

So a fair few pax would have been allocated to those who have already booked their seats.
That's exactly what I thought, thanks for confirming. I remember from last year, ANZ members needed to book for finals tickets.

I reckon 45k-50k looks likely.

taipan

Referee
If they don't get 40,000 plus tonight ,then there is something wrong.The most important game of the year ,except the G/F.

BunniesMan

Immortal

The Director

Juniors
Who is this Director wanker?

Had it pegged at sub-35k 2 days ago :lol:

I still believe it will be sub 35,000. I will be there with a manly fan and 2 other bunnies supporters.

I have been a big critic of Souths supporters attendance track record for a long time. I absolutely was sure of a sub 15,000 crowd for SOU vs MEL earlier in the year, then they got 32,000 and I very much copped that on the chin as I was flat out wrong.

I think it will be 28,000 - 32,000. And I think that is piss poor.

Bunniesman - 75% of 30,000 is still pretty poor when it comes to a club starved of these moments for nearly half a century.

I don't think I'm a wanker. I am a pretty diehard supporter. But I am disappointed that for years Souths' fans spruked they'd fill the stadium as soon as they got success and now we hear from them saying 'yeah well we're still better than the other teams'.

I want to see the game I enjoy watching grow. I want to see my club help with that the way they were pioneers in ticketed membership numbers in the sport.

franklin2323

Immortal
I asked him that same question two days ago and got no response

Yeah. Friday night Souths home ground. You would pressume more Souths fans would be there aside from possiblily Bulldogs. Really is poor scheduling though ratings last week were great so atleast interest is there.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm about to get off the computer to eat lunch. I then leave for the airport. This will be my last post until tomorrow afternoon. I hope everyone doesn't miss me too much.

How will LU cope :lol: .Good to see you showing up makes a change from just complaining..

firechild

First Grade
Can't expect Manly fans to fork out year after year for every finals match. If I was a rabbits fan I'd make sure I was there tonight but as it is, I'll be getting home from work at nearly 7pm and sitting down on the couch to watch the game. If we win, I'll have to think about whether my finances can stretch far enough to get to the game next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts