What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
So Ziggy, you would be happy with 40k?

If so then you are dropped next week for Les Biles.

If a Roosters v Cowboys semi can attract 43k then surely Souths v Manly can get at least 50k.

And ground capacity has held massive prelim finals back in the past. Tigers v Dragons in 2005 would have just about packed Homebush.

You said 50k was ordinary. If we get that, then that is a great result for this game.
In regards to the Tigers or the Saints, give us a semi against either and I would say that 50k was ordinary.

I told you, only 3 have ever got over 60k.
The Dogs pulled 36k against Manly in the semi last year.
Manly have never played a semi in Sydney that has got over 40k.

You want us to bring more supporters from just our club, than two combined the following night or 4 together the previous week.

You also forget that those two games are on a Saturday, but that wouldn't fit your argument.

RWB

Bench
With a pax of 42k, plus a day of pre-sales left, plus walk ups & plus members.

I'm tipping 60k+

I reckon it could even push 70. Guess we'll see how close I am tomorrow night, estimates of only an extra 10,000 people seem very safe to me.

I told you, only 3 have ever got over 60k.
The Dogs pulled 36k against Manly in the semi last year.
Manly have never played a semi in Sydney that has got over 40k.

Our game against Manly was in the first week... Very different to a prelim.

Anyway I think the game will easily get >50k .

Anything less that 40k to the Souths-Manly game would be pathetic. 40-50k would be ordinary. Am expecting about 50k odd at the game. I would be happy if it gets 55k+, but I can't see it happening.

Brutus

Referee
With a pax of 42k, plus a day of pre-sales left, plus walk ups & plus members.

I'm tipping 60k+

I reckon it could even push 70. Guess we'll see how close I am tomorrow night, estimates of only an extra 10,000 people seem very safe to me.

If we can get 59.7 for a premiership match then I have faith that this can attract around the same.

Prediction: 60, 074

And that's with poor media build up of both semis.

I'll be there. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Brutus

Referee
Anything less that 40k to the Souths-Manly game would be pathetic. 40-50k would be ordinary. Am expecting about 50k odd at the game. I would be happy if it gets 55k+, but I can't see it happening.

Actually you're right. I'd be satisfied with 55k plus. Anything under 50k disappointing.

Of course the bar would be raised higher if the game was either a Sat night or Sunday.

Big prelim final crowds are now becoming the norm in Sydney for all-Sydney affairs so our expectations have been raised.

Mong

Post Whore
There has still been plenty of talk on both prelims though

Well yeah, but it's Brutus.. He's not happy without some kind of a conspiracy..

It's usually a conspiracy on the part of the afl, union, the media or those bloody merkin nazi's.. :lol:

Brutus

Referee
There has still been plenty of talk on both prelims though

It's not dominating though.. You'd expect the footy to be dominating come this time of year, but it's been negative headlines all week, starting with the Sharks moving to QLD rubbish.

This time last year it was all about the Souths v Dogs prelim.

woodyk2

First Grade
Prelims should be played on a Saturday and sunday. Knights supporters have ample time to get to their prelim while the majority of Manly fans have pretty much no hope on a stupid bloody Friday night.

Brutus

Referee
Prelims should be played on a Saturday and sunday. Knights supporters have ample time to get to their prelim while the majority of Manly fans have pretty much no hope on a stupid bloody Friday night.

Fully agree. Manly fans will attend finals. Just not on friggin Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.