What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyver78

Juniors
I feel for all the supporters from all the other clubs who rushed out to pay an absolute fortune for all those grand final tickets only to find out their team didn't make it.

Good luck trying to palm them off now, especially those $345 Diamond tickets.

All you have to do is type in nrl grand final tickets into ebay and you get "587 results for nrl grand final tickets" so a lot of tickets for sale floating around.

Canard

Immortal
Why would you not go to the Grand Final however?

587 (even if thats 4 tickets for each listing), isn't that much considering the size of the stadium.

Id guess that most of those tickets are professional or amateur scalpers and not all disgruntled fans.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I feel for all the supporters from all the other clubs who rushed out to pay an absolute fortune for all those grand final tickets only to find out their team didn't make it.

Good luck trying to palm them off now, especially those $345 Diamond tickets.

All you have to do is type in nrl grand final tickets into ebay and you get "587 results for nrl grand final tickets" so a lot of tickets for sale floating around.

jesus H :roll:

that happens .... every single year
it was no different last year or the year before or any GF I can remember at homebush:lol:
and every one of those tickets for sale many a lot more expensive then the ticket price .... sold ..because their wasn't a spare seat in the house at kickoff.

people won't need good luck .. if they have a ticket they don't want .. someone who hasn't got one .... will want theirs.
This is the NRL GF ... one of the biggest sporting events in this country & easily Sydney's biggest.

morley101

Juniors
A Decade of Prelim Finals crowds

2004 81,916
2005 85,587
2006 70,412
2007 66,038
2008 59,665
2009 102,226
2010 115,999
2011 60,474
2012 95,897
2013 82,298

Roosters V Newc in 2000 33727
Roosters V Newc in 2013 37752

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So all in all we weren't that bad this year? Thought as much.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Of course not Tim Tam. But the usual suspects will tell you that crowds are so low that the game is in a crisis that it will never escape from.

Valheru

Coach
I guess it wasn’t that bad compared to the other years but I doubt anyone could argue that 44k at ANZ in an all Sydney prelim with the best supported club in the known universe was disappointing.

guyver78

Juniors
I've come to the conclusion, fans are just lazy.

Doesn't matter about what day it is played on or ticket prices or where it is played, RL fans are simply lazy, and the couch is just too easy and comfortable.

Days that games are played do matter. Try getting to Allianz/ANZ stadium by car right after work on a friday night, it's a pain.

Ofcourse ticket prices matter. Sure Souths and Roosters got the week off which only means 2 finals games but take the worst case scenario and a team like Manly for example who played 3 games straight in the finals this year.

I for example paid

- $50 for Souths v Melbourne week 1
- $75 I think it was in week 2 for Manly v Sharks
- $85 Souths v Manly week 3

- $200-$345 for grand final tickets depending on seat

which equals to anything between $400-$600. Now multiply that by 3 or 4 if you're a family and take away 10-15% off the final price as family passes are cheaper. Add to that total another $300-$400 for food, parking etc etc over the 4 weeks and this can easily run into $1500-$2000.

How many families have $1000-$2000 to spend on the footy over 4 weeks. I know quite a few Souths/Roosters supporters that did buy tickets to the grand final ended up skipping at least 1 if not both finals games because of the high cost.

bor

Juniors
Do other clubs not provide an allocation of discounted tickets? I saw both Roosters finals for $40.

guyver78

Juniors
Do other clubs not provide an allocation of discounted tickets? I saw both Roosters finals for $40.

The $70 or $75 I cant remember exactly now what I paid for the Manly v Sharks game was full price but the Souths v Storm $50 & Souths v Manly $85 were already both discounted by $10 so you don't get a whole lot of discounts being a season ticket holder during finals.

t-ba

Post Whore
Very Average. 10 years ago this would have been superb.

It's not ten years ago, but it's one season. We should be concerned if the game doesn't rebound from this somewhat next year.

As it stands, most of the clubs that fueled this growth (Eels, Broncos, Tigers, Saints) have been dire this season. Much more promising are the figures coming out of Auckland and Melbourne imo.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Very Average. 10 years ago this would have been superb.

It's not ten years ago, but it's one season. We should be concerned if the game doesn't rebound from this somewhat next year.

As it stands, most of the clubs that fueled this growth (Eels, Broncos, Tigers, Saints) have been dire this season. Much more promising are the figures coming out of Auckland and Melbourne imo.

I'm not sure we should just sit on our hands and hope parra and broncos have a good year. Clear from memberships that have gone on sale so far the NRL is not having any influence on prices or reciprocal entry for next year. Wonder if they have any strategies for lifting crowds next season?

newman

First Grade
The $70 or $75 I cant remember exactly now what I paid for the Manly v Sharks game was full price but the Souths v Storm $50 & Souths v Manly $85 were already both discounted by $10 so you don't get a whole lot of discounts being a season ticket holder during finals.

Well you sir, are an imbecile. I went to both Sharks semis and paid $40 for both games using my member log in. The seats were reasonable too (in line with the try line or 10m line). Ticket prices were hardly an issue. There were freebies and major discounts at all semis and junior pass holders got in free. By not doing research you just flushed a lot of money down the toilet.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I guess it wasn?t that bad compared to the other years but I doubt anyone could argue that 44k at ANZ in an all Sydney prelim with the best supported club in the known universe was disappointing.

Maybe it's time everyone accepted they aren't the best supported club in the known universe?

guyver78

Juniors
Well you sir, are an imbecile. I went to both Sharks semis and paid $40 for both games using my member log in. The seats were reasonable too (in line with the try line or 10m line). Ticket prices were hardly an issue. There were freebies and major discounts at all semis and junior pass holders got in free. By not doing research you just flushed a lot of money down the toilet.

I'm not a member of either club so there was NO DISCOUNTED tickets for me initially until they announced on the radio there was a 70% discount or something along those lines which by that time it was too late for me.

Anyway that wasn't my point which you clearly missed as the NRL will get members and season ticket holders like you and I to the game anyway so they're not too worried about that. It's the neutral and casual supporter that doesn't really care too much whether they go to the game or watch it on their 50inch LCD screen that the NRL needs at games to get an average Finals crowd up from 22,000 to 50,000.

Point was that 3-4 weeks of finals for an average family like that is just too expensive.

And what do junior passes have to do with this anyway?

guyver78

Juniors
At VOR - look at this article about the potential price increase for origins at Suncorp....!

http://m.foxsports.com.au/league/st...t-to-rise-to-370/story-fn31yxah-1226730043879

I paid I think it was $160 for Category 1 with a restricted view this year and that's where I draw the line, come on guys most of us here are die hard supporters but at the end of the day it's just a 2 hour footy game. at $370 a ticket they can keep them & i'll just watch it on TV next year.

People in Sydney are pretty good at giving the NRL the middle finger anyway so it will be interesting if they sell out next years origin game in Sydney at those prices.

Danish

Referee

You do realise that those $20 members tickets were only to 1 bay in the entire stadium right? About 1000 tickets all up.

FFS I'm sick of idiots going on about how cheap tickets could be sourced to the finals like that means all tickets were cheap. The majority of tickets between the try lines at all grounds were priced at category 1. That was $50 in week 1, $75 in week 2, and $85 in week 3 (member prices). You'll note that these sections also make up about 50% of total capacity at most grounds.

Yes there were a few thousand cheap tickets available to all games behind the try lines or up in the nosebleeds, but they only accounted to 10-15% of capacity of each stadium. The vast majority of fans didn't have access to these cheap seats and instead were stuck paying exorbitant prices to watch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts