What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragons01

First Grade
In 2010 we had Category 1 seats to the GF on the halfway line. It cost us for a family ticket about $700. This year those same seats to the GF went on sale at over $1300. That is a massive increase in the price of tickets in just 3 years.

Alot of people will baulk at that sort of money.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
In 2010 we had Category 1 seats to the GF on the halfway line. It cost us for a family ticket about $700. This year those same seats to the GF went on sale at over $1300. That is a massive increase in the price of tickets in just 3 years.

Alot of people will baulk at that sort of money.

That is unbelievable - these days you can get incredible TVs for that kind of money.

I remember in 2006 my father got cat one bledisloe tickets at Suncorp - $189 - that same year we had previously been to origin 2 and laughed about how cheap it was in comparison (i think they were $105 roughly then). Now we are looking at these outrageous prices.

guyver78

Juniors
Well if you go to the Ticketek website now and type in either ROOSTERS or MANLY into the password field there are still tickets remaining in ALL categories so so much for members of both of these clubs snapping up all the remaining 14,000 tickets in 10 minutes like some have suggested.

eBay is still loaded with tickets with some people trying to scalp the diamond seats in Aisles 107,108 for twice the original price :crazy:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Well if you go to the Ticketek website now and type in either ROOSTERS or MANLY into the password field there are still tickets remaining in ALL categories so so much for members of both of these clubs snapping up all the remaining 14,000 tickets in 10 minutes like some have suggested.

eBay is still loaded with tickets with some people trying to scalp the diamond seats in Aisles 107,108 for twice the original price :crazy:

Yeah theres about 2,000 - 4,000 for sale on ebay.. So many. These prick scalpers would have been hoping Souths made it, or bulldogs to increase demand.

I remember wanting to get some on ebay for the 2009 final and they were bidding upwards of $600 a seat in the nosebleeds..

guyver78

Juniors
Yeah theres about 2,000 - 4,000 for sale on ebay.. So many. These prick scalpers would have been hoping Souths made it, or bulldogs to increase demand.

I remember wanting to get some on ebay for the 2009 final and they were bidding upwards of $600 a seat in the nosebleeds..

Mate I actually think because Souths didn't make it there aren't as many scalpers as people think. I just had a look and from what I'm seeing it's mostly people trying to get their money back, take a look at these examples:

-NRL Grand Final Diamond Tickets x 2
Aisle 104 Row 28 Seats 5 and 6 - At Cost $690

-NRL Grand Final Tickets - 3 x Diamond COST PRICE Aisle 110 Row (between 13 and 15) $1035

-NRL TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP GRAND FINAL 2013 TICKETS x 2 DIAMOND Best Seats Aisle 109 Row 10 $690

They're just 3 examples of a lot in the Diamond range (all great seats BTW). At $350 a ticket I don't think scalpers have that much more room to make $$$.

LJC

Juniors
Just spoke to Ticketek and the employee was sure the GF wont sell out!

I think that it not being a 5pm/twilight kick off has impacted on its attractiveness as well!

Two great football teams but the pricing and kick off time is wrong!

It may be that its cheap compared to other codes but the RL public do not appreciate marked increases in prices especially when a so called "billion dollar plus" TV deal has just been negotiated.

The worst ticket pricing to date this year has been what happened in Melbourne. That was a shocking decision to increase ticket prices to that game. Instead of having a full house with it being the only footy code on in Melbourne that day they got a two/thirds full house. Embarrassing! Someone's head should roll over that one!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Mate I actually think because Souths didn't make it there aren't as many scalpers as people think. I just had a look and from what I'm seeing it's mostly people trying to get their money back, take a look at these examples:

-NRL Grand Final Diamond Tickets x 2
Aisle 104 Row 28 Seats 5 and 6 - At Cost $690

-NRL Grand Final Tickets - 3 x Diamond COST PRICE Aisle 110 Row (between 13 and 15) $1035

-NRL TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP GRAND FINAL 2013 TICKETS x 2 DIAMOND Best Seats Aisle 109 Row 10 $690

They're just 3 examples of a lot in the Diamond range (all great seats BTW). At $350 a ticket I don't think scalpers have that much more room to make $$$.

Very true, the amount of tickets left on ticketek are going to make it hard for them to make sales aswell.

Valheru

Coach

eBay is still loaded with tickets with some people trying to scalp the diamond seats in Aisles 107,108 for twice the original price

Single tickets only for most sections. Diamond tickets didn?t sell out in the original release despite what the NRL would have you believe and at over 300 a pop I can see why.

In 2010 there were still tickets available on the corresponding day, I wasn?t a member so that was the only way I could get tickets. Don?t let that get in t he way of a good story though.

At VOR - look at this article about the potential price increase for origins at Suncorp....!

http://m.foxsports.com.au/league/st...t-to-rise-to-370/story-fn31yxah-1226730043879

Bloody hell!

I am old enough that the first five years of Origin that I went to (mid- to late-80s) I got in for free on the schoolboys pass. How things have changed. Much as I would like to go to Origin, the household budget is happier getting two season memberships for less than the price of two Cat 1 tickets to Origin. I would've thought that some (price sensitive) alarm bells rang after we only pulled 51k to Origin this year. Sadly, not.

guyver78

Juniors
Bloody hell!

I am old enough that the first five years of Origin that I went to (mid- to late-80s) I got in for free on the schoolboys pass. How things have changed. Much as I would like to go to Origin, the household budget is happier getting two season memberships for less than the price of two Cat 1 tickets to Origin. I would've thought that some (price sensitive) alarm bells rang after we only pulled 51k to Origin this year. Sadly, not.

In the end it's all about money, like everything else so as much as the NRL might publicly cry that the GF, Origin or finals games are not selling out they really couldn't care less.

Contrary to what people might like to believe it's better for the NRL to get 40,000 at Suncrop for an Origin game with much higher revenues made then 52,000 and lower revenues.

In the end as long as a % of people are emotional enough to pay those ridiculous prices then they're here to stay.

RWB

Bench

My mate tried to buy some tickets in the silver section for Roosters today and got told they were sold out, single seats only.

I haven't really looked into it online but I don't think you're correct in saying there's tickets remaining in all categories, well actually I know that for a fact

morley101

Juniors
In Roosters area. It is now a maximum of 2 silver seats together. and 3 gold seats together.
Platinum and diamond are unlimited (4+)
Neutral (NRL) area Single seats only for Gold and Platinum. Silver and Diamond 4+ seats
Manly Single Seats Silver and Gold areas
Platinum and diamond are unlimited (4+)

guyver78

Juniors
Single tickets only for most sections. Diamond tickets didn?t sell out in the original release despite what the NRL would have you believe and at over 300 a pop I can see why.

In 2010 there were still tickets available on the corresponding day, I wasn?t a member so that was the only way I could get tickets. Don?t let that get in t he way of a good story though.

I just tried to buy tickets typing in ROOSTERS with the following results:

Area: Eastern Side Category: Diamond Section: 110-1 Row: 18 Seat/s: 48-54 7 Tickets
Area: Eastern Side Category: Platinum Section: 111-2 Row: 43 Seat/s: 1-7 7 Tickets
Area: Western Side Category: Gold Section: 621-2 Row: 19 Seat/s: 44-48 5 Tickets
Area: Western Side Category: Silver Section: 622-3 Row: 21 Seat/s: 27-29 3 Tickets

So a lot more available then what you think across all categories although you are right the gold and silver seem to have less available.

That was just by typing in Roosters, I would imagine there would be even more available typing in Manly.

guyver78

Juniors
My mate tried to buy some tickets in the silver section for Roosters today and got told they were sold out, single seats only.

I haven't really looked into it online but I don't think you're correct in saying there's tickets remaining in all categories, well actually I know that for a fact

Go to the ticketek website and have a look. See my last post.

Valheru

Coach
Area: Eastern Side Category: Diamond Section: 110-1 Row: 18 Seat/s: 48-54 7 Tickets
Area: Eastern Side Category: Platinum Section: 111-2 Row: 43 Seat/s: 1-7 7 Tickets
Area: Western Side Category: Gold Section: 621-2 Row: 19 Seat/s: 44-48 5 Tickets
Area: Western Side Category: Silver Section: 622-3 Row: 21 Seat/s: 27-29 3 Tickets
So a lot more available then what you think across all categories although you are right the gold and silver seem to have less available.
That was just by typing in Roosters, I would imagine there would be even more available typing in Manly.

None of the above are actually in the roosters section. Earlier this morning I did the same out of interest and all I could get were single silver seats in bay 114 I think it was which is a roosters section. The bays you were offered in Gold and Silver are in the nose bleed section.

As I mentioned earlier Diamond and Platinum were never sold out and it is easy to see why with the ridiculous prices. I considered buying GF tickets during our week off and Diamond/Platinum tickets were still on sale to the general public.

Raiderdave

First Grade

a lot :?

that's 22 tickets all up
:lol::lol:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Bloody hell!

In the end it's all about money, like everything else so as much as the NRL might publicly cry that the GF, Origin or finals games are not selling out they really couldn't care less.

Contrary to what people might like to believe it's better for the NRL to get 40,000 at Suncrop for an Origin game with much higher revenues made then 52,000 and lower revenues.

In the end as long as a % of people are emotional enough to pay those ridiculous prices then they're here to stay.

Im sorry, but i dont know what you people were expecting.

You want to have the biggest, most popular league in the country that everyone wants to see?
Well, this is what happens. Demand for tickets is high, so the price goes up and people will still buy them.

I know people like to paint themselves as the victim, "20 years ago, when no one cared about the game, i could get in to games cheap. Therefore, i should still get cheap tickets now. Because logic!!!!!"

The game doesnt owe you anything, because of your loyalty. You were around before they were popular so you took advantage of cheap prices. Now the quality of the game is through the roof, you either pay the current price or just dont go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.