What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
This is why there are not more big crowds like this in Sydney.

I'm currently sitting in a cab 2km from ANZ stadium in complete gridlock. I've been here about 20 minutes and the meter is currently at $30.20. I'm nowhere near home. Catch a train you say? I live at Cronulla, a mere 27km from the stadium but a 2hr trip as I have to go via the city.

There are people EVERYWHERE fighting each other for taxis, or to push their cars into a gridlocked line of traffic from a car park exit.

Sort the f**ken transport out.

Arent you the guy that kept saying crowds dont mean shit to the game experience?

How was your night? Would it have been better if it had been played at Redfern infront of 12,000?

Red Bear

Referee
Couple of double headers had bigger crowds, biggest stand alone crowd of all time though, excellent match to be at.

the dude

Juniors
Still glad I was there despite the loss. Terrific atmosphere.

I'll say 42k Souths 13k Roosters 5k neutrals

Danish

Referee
Twitter rumours that the NRL are going to bend over the the AFL and host a double header at the SFS next week.

This is a f**king joke if it happens. Souths vs storm would get 30k at the SFS on its own. Souths vs Manly would get an extra 10,000 people through the gates on a Saturday night when manly fans can actually drive down from brookvale to attend.

The NRL is literally going to cost itself 15000 tickets sold easily by pulling such a move. Why would we flush millions down the toilet just to peddle to the Mexican game? There is absolutely no question that Souths will outdraw the swans, so why don't we get first preference?

Weak as piss by the NRL

adamkungl

Immortal
This is why there are not more big crowds like this in Sydney.

I'm currently sitting in a cab 2km from ANZ stadium in complete gridlock. I've been here about 20 minutes and the meter is currently at $30.20. I'm nowhere near home. Catch a train you say? I live at Cronulla, a mere 27km from the stadium but a 2hr trip as I have to go via the city.

There are people EVERYWHERE fighting each other for taxis, or to push their cars into a gridlocked line of traffic from a car park exit.

Sort the f**ken transport out.

Driving was a surprisingly painless experience, aside from the $20 parking cost (Alternatively I could have parked at Lidcombe or nearby and caught the train in). Getting in was typical peak hour shit, but getting out of the carpark only took 5 mins straight onto the M4. Going down King Georges Road towards Cronulla there was no gridlock. Maybe it was worse straight after the siren, i waited for the shield presentation.

22,261 - by far our highest ever.

beat us by about 2.5 k, bastards :p

Twitter rumours that the NRL are going to bend over the the AFL and host a double header at the SFS next week.

This is a f**king joke if it happens. Souths vs storm would get 30k at the SFS on its own. Souths vs Manly would get an extra 10,000 people through the gates on a Saturday night when manly fans can actually drive down from brookvale to attend.

The NRL is literally going to cost itself 15000 tickets sold easily by pulling such a move. Why would we flush millions down the toilet just to peddle to the Mexican game? There is absolutely no question that Souths will outdraw the swans, so why don't we get first preference?

Weak as piss by the NRL

The double header would be
Easts v Manly/Melbourne + Cronulla v whoever on Saturday night.

I have no issue with this. Neither game would pull much over 25k if we're being honest.

Do it. Double header, I'd gladly pay $40 for a GA ticket

Danish

Referee
The double header would be
Easts v Manly/Melbourne + Cronulla v whoever on Saturday night.

I have no issue with this. Neither game would pull much over 25k if we're being honest.

Do it. Double header, I'd gladly pay $40 for a GA ticket

Neither pulling much over 25k means 10000 fans locked out, and that's not accounting for the fans that would have gone that will decide not to if the NRL tries to jack up the price to cover the lost revenue. Souths vs Manly (the likely match up) would pull an extra 5000-10000 on Saturday night as well, and will also EASILY outdraw the stupid AFL game.

We are bending over for a rival code, allowing them to kick us out of a stadium that we pay the bills of to accommodate a game that will draw far less than the game we should be playing there.

It's a complete and utter joke

adamkungl

Immortal
They've booked the stadium. I agree that it's ridiculous that they somehow got priority over the NRL, but it's a bit late to take a stand now. What are we going to do, march on the f**king stadium?

I think it's safe to say
Souffs Fri night
Easts and Cronulla Sat night
Dogs Sun arvo

Easts and Cronulla will probably pull 25-30k (22k against Penrith in 2010 in week 2...) and 20k (sellout at Shark park) if played seperately.

SFS holds 45. I don't see the big deal.

Diesel

Referee
If the double header rumour is true turn there needs to be an explanation from Dave and co as to why the AFL are getting a leg up.

This would be the equilivabt to a Storm v Canberra match at the MCG while Hawks, Pie, Carlton and Geelong would play a double header at Etihad.

Why any Parra Stadium be used this week for one match?

Brutus

Referee
Stuff the double header. Our finals games should be stand alone experiences with the relevant Holden Cup games played beforehand.

I will be very disappointed if we bend over to the AFL again.

The swans can play at the SCG.

DC_fan

Coach
From our friends at the Daily Telegraph http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...tadium-next-week/story-fni3fbgz-1226713807202

NRL expected to announce finals double header at Allianz Stadium next week

THE NRL is expected to announce today the game's first ever double-header finals fixture, featuring home finals for Roosters and Sharks at Allianz Stadium next Saturday night.

Sydney's heavy loss in Friday night's first AFL final means the Swans have booked ANZ Stadium for next Saturday night.

South Sydney and Bulldogs will also host games at Olympic Park on Friday and Sunday respectively, forcing the NRL to play both Allianz Stadium games on the same day.

It's anticipated the Sharks match against the seventh or eight placed team (Newcastle or North Queensland) will start at 4pm, with the Roosters to follow at 7pm against the fourth-placed team (Melbourne or Manly).

Ticketholders will receive entry to both games.

Danish

Referee
They've booked the stadium. I agree that it's ridiculous that they somehow got priority over the NRL, but it's a bit late to take a stand now. What are we going to do, march on the f**king stadium?

I think it's safe to say
Souffs Fri night
Easts and Cronulla Sat night
Dogs Sun arvo

Easts and Cronulla will probably pull 25-30k (22k against Penrith in 2010 in week 2...) and 20k (sellout at Shark park) if played seperately.

SFS holds 45. I don't see the big deal.

There will be thousands less people go to a double header than to stand alone games. There will also be thousands of people who will go, but only to watch their team and not the other game, so the stands will look pathetic.

Whoever is in charge of this sort of shit at the NRL should be sacked immediately for not booking ANZ 2 months ago when it was apparent that this would likely happen

DC_fan

Coach
David Smith and his spin doctors will be out in force this week saying its all about the fans and the great opportunity they will have to see two finals games on the one night. When in reality they stuffed it up big time.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why the f**k should we be moving any games from the ANZ for that abortion of a sport???

If true it is absolutely pathetic.

Brutus

Referee
From our friends at the Daily Telegraph http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...tadium-next-week/story-fni3fbgz-1226713807202

NRL expected to announce finals double header at Allianz Stadium next week

THE NRL is expected to announce today the game's first ever double-header finals fixture, featuring home finals for Roosters and Sharks at Allianz Stadium next Saturday night.

Sydney's heavy loss in Friday night's first AFL final means the Swans have booked ANZ Stadium for next Saturday night.

South Sydney and Bulldogs will also host games at Olympic Park on Friday and Sunday respectively, forcing the NRL to play both Allianz Stadium games on the same day.

It's anticipated the Sharks match against the seventh or eight placed team (Newcastle or North Queensland) will start at 4pm, with the Roosters to follow at 7pm against the fourth-placed team (Melbourne or Manly).

Ticketholders will receive entry to both games.

f**king disgraceful.

We could end up having Roosters v Manly and Sharks v Knights on as a finals double header.

I would predict 30k for roosters v manly and 25k for sharks v knights if played on an individual basis.

We'll play it as a double header and probably get 35k.

Disgraceful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts