What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
More news ltd bs.. the afl have locked in the swines at the scg next sat as they dont have priority for homebush for finals.. the nrl have ANZ for both friday n sat..allianz for sat .. n sunday.. end of folks.. end of

You sure?

bor

Juniors
I think the double header is a terrible idea, surely the NRL could have just told the AFL to piss off?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would have thought most fans would welcome the opportunity to see two finals games for the price of one? Apart from the expensive drinks and crappy food for 4 hours in a stadium would be great to watch back to back games.

Raiderdave

First Grade
You sure?

Yep.. it came straight from the AFL itself. They cant get ANZ as the NRL has it both nights. Now I think crowd wise there'd b no real difference between a double header at allianz n 2 stand alone finals the there, but it is a bad look to appear to b forced to have to do it as a result of what another sport wants. This is our heartland & we cant b playing 2nd fiddle to anyone. This is why we wont go for a double header on this occasion.

Danish

Referee
I would have thought most fans would welcome the opportunity to see two finals games for the price of one? Apart from the expensive drinks and crappy food for 4 hours in a stadium would be great to watch back to back games.

Who in the f**k wants to sit at the SFS for over 5 hours? I'm about the biggest league fan I know, and I won't be staying for both games.

What's more is the roosters are minor f**king premiers. We've earned the right to host our own home final. Now we'll be at a game with 3 other sets of fans with zero atmosphere.

This is going to blow up in the NRL's face and I hope it ducking does. The worst part is that it appears they CHOSE to do this. They weren't forced. That's just disgusting

Brutus

Referee
Yep.. it came straight from the AFL itself. They cant get ANZ as the NRL has it both nights. Now I think crowd wise there'd b no real difference between a double header at allianz n 2 stand alone finals the there, but it is a bad look to appear to b forced to have to do it as a result of what another sport wants. This is our heartland & we cant b playing 2nd fiddle to anyone. This is why we wont go for a double header on this occasion.

I reckon there could be a 20k difference if we have a double header.

we are bending over to the AFL and it will cost us cash, particularly if it's Roosters v Manly and Sharks v Knights.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I think the double header is a terrible idea, surely the NRL could have just told the AFL to piss off?

Thats what they did do

Less then 24 hrs ago the afl were at the SCG...it would appear the nrl changed their minds but why I am not sure.the upside is a fullhouse at allianz as opposed to 2 half full finals .. but its a poor look & it allows the afl to sell more tickets to their final

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
They had a perfect chance to smash the afl here

Why wouldn't you at least wait till the round was over to decide

We officially don't know who is playing who yet

f**k me

Raiderdave

First Grade
I reckon there could be a 20k difference if we have a double header.

we are bending over to the AFL and it will cost us cash, particularly if it's Roosters v Manly and Sharks v Knights.

Sharks n knights wouldnt b 20k on its own .... Roosters n Storm maybe 25k at a stretch ... but we'll b doing our arses in if its the Roosters & Manly as that would of cracked 35 k alone.. the nrl better hope its the first 2 matchups

Brutus

Referee
I'll bet my left one that it won't be a full house at allianz for this f**ked up double header. Many members won't show. The crowd will be about 35k scattered over 5 hours. It will be shit.

Valheru

Coach

Nope

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-2013-finals-information/tabid/10874/newsid/74523/default.aspx

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Weak as piss

What if Fremantle win today, then the afl could be Friday in Sydney.

They might ask to bump Souths still

Why wouldn't u wait till Monday morning at least

They should move the sharks v knights game to hunter stadium. Guaranteed 25k +. It's the only logical choice here. Make it happen Smith.

Brutus

Referee
I would have gone to both Allianz games but I won't go near the joint now.

The NRL can go get rooted.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
So roosters members now have to pay $70 to watch their team

This will blow up massively

I predict a total of 23k for both games

Awful move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts