What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
What is going on here?? We should be playing on the friday night at Allianz and the bunnies on saturday night at ANZ. Why are the Swans so set on saturday night at ANZ, i thought the preference was for 7 day turnarounds wherever possible for top 4 teams in this system.

applesauce

Bench
What is going on here?? We should be playing on the friday night at Allianz and the bunnies on saturday night at ANZ. Why are the Swans so set on saturday night at ANZ, i thought the preference was for 7 day turnarounds wherever possible for top 4 teams in this system.

Because Fremantle cannot play on Saturday night for their home final as Subiaco is booked out to the Wallabies test match.

JW

Coach
FM, no NRL finals fixture in Sydney should be affected in any way, shape or form by a Fumbleflog exhibition, especially when they're not intending on playing at their home f**king ground. If it happens, the relevant halfwits at the NRL should look for employment elsewhere.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
FM, no NRL finals fixture in Sydney should be affected in any way, shape or form by a Fumbleflog exhibition, especially when they're not intending on playing at their home f**king ground. If it happens, the relevant halfwits at the NRL should look for employment elsewhere.
This x 1000000000000.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Because Fremantle cannot play on Saturday night for their home final as Subiaco is booked out to the Wallabies test match.

Praying for a fremantle victory then as that will shift the swans to friday night and avoid this BS.

I would have expected both finals to get mid 20's in attendance. Instead of a double header in the traditional sense i would rather they play the sharks at 4pm then empty the stadium and play the Roosters v melbourne/Manly at 7.45 i.e its original timeslot.

Also i have not seen one quote from the NRL in either News or fairfax stories, so maybe they are just assuming they will be played back to back while the NRL could be thinking my solution above

Valheru

Coach
Praying for a fremantle victory then as that will shift the swans to friday night and avoid this BS.

I don't think that is the only factor. Their 5v8 game is on Sunday and they guarantee teams a minimum of 6 days break so has to (according to the AFL) be Saturday.

newman

First Grade
Arent you the guy that kept saying crowds dont mean shit to the game experience?

How was your night? Would it have been better if it had been played at Redfern infront of 12,000?

That's me. I've had a box at ANZ for six years. Was a good night out and an excellent game, my clients enjoyed it and we did some good business. I still see no evidence that suburban grounds should be phased out.

Saint Doc

Coach
I'm just trying to work out what is going on in the NRL's head.

Are they spooked by the Manly/Cowboys 13,000 crowd and worried about Sharks vs Cowboys doing the same?

Brutus

Referee
I'm just trying to work out what is going on in the NRL's head.

Are they spooked by the Manly/Cowboys 13,000 crowd and worried about Sharks vs Cowboys doing the same?

Manly v Cowboys was a friday night. The crowd would have much bigger on a sat or sun. Let's hope the NRL remember this.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
These shenanigans wouldn't happen if a brilliant and popular club like Parramatta were in the finals,NRL scared by these plodder teams like Manly/Sharks with no fans embarrassing them

This a good enough reason to kick Manly and Sharks out of the comp imo

ag6858

Juniors
The NRL has booked ANZ Stadium for Friday and Saturday night and has first preference for which night that they want to play their final.

With Pattersons Stadium Subiaco unavailable on the Saturday night , if NRL choose to play their final at ANZ Stadium on the Saturday night the AFL are stuffed.

The SCG surface and wicket area is now being prepared for cricket and one light tower is unable to be used.

So a Saturday day final would have to be played at the SCG in week two , if Sydney were to lose this week.

From bigfooty

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Nsw govt has foreseen this problem and built a second afl ground next door to ANZ at skoda stadium

Perfect for a swans home final

Raiderdave

First Grade
More news ltd bs.. the afl have locked in the swines at the scg next sat as they dont have priority for homebush for finals.. the nrl have ANZ for both friday n sat..allianz for sat .. n sunday.. end of folks.. end of

ag6858

Juniors
If all the favourites win, this is the way I'd personally have it.
Friday Night: Roosters v Storm @ Allianz and Swans v Richmond @ ANZ
Saturday Twilight: Sharks v Knights @ Allianz
Saturday Night: Rabbitohs v Manly @ ANZ
Sunday Afternoon: Bulldogs v Cowboys @ ANZ and Fremantle v Collingwood @ Pattersons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts