What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Ridiculous outcome for manly as well. As much as i hate them they have been handed a potential 5 day turnaround into the first week of the finals which is not right. Souths v manly should be saturday night at ANZ, the NRL supposedly has priority at this ground and for the stated outcome to not happen is a farce and disgrace.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'll bet my left one that it won't be a full house at allianz for this f**ked up double header. Many members won't show. The crowd will be about 35k scattered over 5 hours. It will be shit.

Yeah the thing i hated about Suncorp was how patchy it was.

We need Fremantle to win to see what happens then.

ceagle

Bench
f**k, would rather run 4th so we have a longer turnaround. Souffs get enough of a leg up with from the refs as it is.

And the prices are farked. f**k you Greenberg you filthy merkin

t-ba

Post Whore
Full genius.

Absolute full genius.

Hope Fremantle win so things get right f**ked up...

BunniesMan

Immortal
Brilliant crowd last night. Record breaking. Shoutout to the neutrals and Easts fans who helped.

Gus Gould is predicting a sellout next week 80,000+

I'm relatively conservative. It'll be more than 50 but probably less than 60.
Now I'm not one to talk myself up but this was a pretty good call. Clearly in the minority and I ended up being right.

I still do not understand all of the silly 30-35k predictions. It was like noone thought it being 1st v 2nd or a minor premiership playoff would do much for the crowds.

This was a once in a generation alignment of the stars and was always going to get a once in a generation crowd.

We finish up with an average of over 22,000. Easily our best and I believe it is only the 2nd time a Sydney team has averaged over 22,000. And that's with no afternoon games at ANZ. Awesome effort.

Last edited:
We finish up with an average of over 22,000. Easily our best and I believe it is only the 2nd time a Sydney team has averaged over 22,000. And that's with no afternoon games at ANZ. Awesome effort.

So in the 100+ year history of the NRL it took til 2013 for a Sydney team to average over 22,000 (for the second time ever) honestly that's pretty poor considering all the 'heartland' talk that occurs. Hopefully, in the future the big Sydney teams all average 22k in the next couple of years once scheduling, ticket prices, etc and any other excuse to not show up to a game is sorted out.

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Well done bunnies.

From an average crowd of 0 in 1997

To 22k is a great result, dare to say no other club could of bounced back after being punted

Goes to show what a shambolic period that was for rl

RWB

Bench
The double header is a joke, surely the club will challenge it.

They've already priced out a lot of the market with $70 reserved tickets which is ridiculous and the club will potentially be forced to share a 30,000 gate with another club.

Greenberg is a dolt. No one wins here.

t-ba

Post Whore
If the AFL has ANZ booked why not give the Sharks a real home final?

This entire pattern of thought defies logic...

RWB

Bench
I'm sure Cronulla would much rather play their home game at Shark Park.

Funny how the dogs don't seem to have been affected by this at all...

Great crowd last night, well done to Souths and the Roosters.

What are you talking about? we have had two 22k+ averages in the past 5 years(09 and 2012).

I'm sure Cronulla would much rather play their home game at Shark Park.

Funny how the dogs don't seem to have been affected by this at all...

Is that you Rebecca Wilson ? I mean seriously, you're trotting out the Greenberg conspiracy theories.

Billythekid

First Grade
What in the f*ck. This is right up there with the dumbest things RL has done. Firstly we should not just be giving the AFL first choice of the stadium, what an embarrassing look. A double header for a final is just shocking. Making fans have to pay double and destroying both sets of crowds (whilst making us look desperate by trying to make a bigger crowd with a double header).

Roosters should just play at their home ground and sharks should just play at their home ground. Both clubs should appeal this, they're both losing home ground advantage and their fans are being priced out of the match.

This will end up attracting barely over 20K and we will be a laughing stock.

Danish

Referee
Suburban grounds with 22,000 capacity are not big enough to host finals game.

Host finals double header at 44,000 capacity stadium - so 22,000 seats per game.

NRL LOGIC

RWB

Bench
Is that you Rebecca Wilson ? I mean seriously, you're trotting out the Greenberg conspiracy theories.

Nah just a pissed of Roosters fan, explain the fairness to me in the Bullodgs getting a stand alone home final where ticketed members get fair prices and get to sit amongst their own like they have all season. Compared to the Roosters who get ridiculous prices, are going to be forced to sit amongst a cluster f**k of supporters and then split the gate with another club.

The Roosters finished first, the dogs (most likely) 6th explain the logic in that to me. Either he's incompetent or biased, you choose. Or alternatively try to come up with a logical reason for the above that still maintains the NRL's position that the minor premiers get the most advantage...

BunniesMan

Immortal
What are you talking about? we have had two 22k+ averages in the past 5 years(09 and 2012).
Well 2nd team then. And our 2013 average is the 2nd highest ever after your 2012 season for a Sydney team.

P.S. I don't consider the Parra average they got that includes the 108,000 double header to be part of the records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts