What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah just a pissed of Roosters fan, explain the fairness to me in the Bullodgs getting a stand alone home final where ticketed members get fair prices and get to sit amongst their own like they have all season. Compared to the Roosters who get ridiculous prices, are going to be forced to sit amongst a cluster f**k of supporters and then split the gate with another club.

The Roosters finished first, the dogs (most likely) 6th explain the logic in that to me. Either he's incompetent or biased, you choose. Or alternatively try to come up with a logical reason for the above that still maintains the NRL's position that the minor premiers get the most advantage...

Does Greenberg make the final decision on where games are played or is it the ARLC?

Anyway I do agree the NRL did screw this one up they should have mixed around the schedule so we could have a double header with Souths.

Craigshark

First Grade
Nah just a pissed of Roosters fan, explain the fairness to me in the Bullodgs getting a stand alone home final where ticketed members get fair prices and get to sit amongst their own like they have all season. Compared to the Roosters who get ridiculous prices, are going to be forced to sit amongst a cluster f**k of supporters and then split the gate with another club.

The Roosters finished first, the dogs (most likely) 6th explain the logic in that to me. Either he's incompetent or biased, you choose. Or alternatively try to come up with a logical reason for the above that still maintains the NRL's position that the minor premiers get the most advantage...

Yeah it's bullcrap.

ag6858

Juniors
I really have no problem with this double header. Being a roosters member, I'll happily pay the very reasonable price of $20 in category 3 to see two finals matches. I honestly don't see what all the complaining is about.

Brutus

Referee
And Fremantle in front.

So. Swans could have had Friday at Anz after all

What an utter disgrace the NRL is. Making this derple header decision without even waiting.

I'll bet Channel 9 has had their grubby hands all over this as well.

We must protest.

Brutus

Referee
I really have no problem with this double header. Being a roosters member, I'll happily pay the very reasonable price of $20 in category 3 to see two finals matches. I honestly don't see what all the complaining is about.

I don't like to see the game of rugby league cheapened.

There is no way 44k will attend this double header (5-10k members won't attend) and even if they did, it still wouldn't be enough to cater for the crowds the two games would have got if played separately.

Western_Eel

Juniors
I don't like to see the game of rugby league cheapened.

There is no way 44k will attend this double header (5-10k members won't attend) and even if they did, it still wouldn't be enough to cater for the crowds the two games would have got if played separately.

I agree, there's no difference really It just means there will be a bigger crowed, I like the idea

Billythekid

First Grade
I agree, there's no difference really It just means there will be a bigger crowed, I like the idea

I don't like it because it reeks of desperation. What other code would have a double header for its final series? It's just a bad look.

Also lets wait and see how much bigger the crowd will be, with ticket prices like that it might not be so good. That plus for each game the stadium will still only end up being half full so it will just look like a normal game.

We could have a potentially sold out shark park (20K+) and a game at allianz with 25-30K. Instead we'll probably get a single crowd of like 30-35K (being optimistic) and they won't stick around for both games so both games will be in front of a poor crowd.

Plus i just don't like the idea of gouging the fans like this. It's BS making fans pay double when they only want to watch one match.

Let's not forget possibly the most important thing in all this. What about home ground advantage? The roosters won the minor f*cking premiership and they have to share a home game with the sharks. It sucks for the clubs and the fans not to get their own home game.

Everything about this reeks.

If it gets 40K it's still a failure but that would make it a little better.

Danish

Referee
we are worries that not many sharks fans would turn out to Allianz stadium to watch a finals game, so to attract more fans we've made tickets more expensive.

NRL LOGIC

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Even if it gets 40.

There is still the potential that each game will be played in front of 20k

So will look shit

The first game always feels like reserve grade in a double header

And I bet there is like an hour break in between for the news.

So heaps will leave

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Even if it gets 40.

There is still the potential that each game will be played in front of 20k

So will look shit

The first game always feels like reserve grade in a double header

And I bet there is like an hour break in between for the news.

So heaps will leave

if Fremantle win it will be even more embarrassing for the NRL

RWB

Bench
Roosters got 19k against Melbourne in a normal round game on a freezing cold Saturday night, imagine a finals game.

The decision just lacks logical, rational thinking.

H.H

Juniors
NRL at its diabolical best.

As a Rooster member I can't bring myself to boycott, but some of the specialness is taken away for me.

Friggen ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts