What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJC

Juniors
Predictions

souths v Melbourne 28k
double header 36k
Doggies v knights 24k

Weather permitting:

Souths V Melbourne 40,000(It is the defending premiers verse a very good South Sydney side with great support)

double header 40,000 ((people will see the value in getting to 2 finals for a decent price and in the one handy location)Not sure what the SFS holds now - maybe 45,000?

Dogs V Knights 35,000 (daytime game will get a lot of Knights fans travelling to this match and more families will be attending from the metropolitan area)

If the weather is poor then take away 5,000 from each ground attendance.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
You have to remember all fans must pay for tickets

Even if you have 23000 ticketed members

They all have to go to ticketek one by one and buy a ticket in 4 days

NRL has always struggled week one of finals to draw crowds

Parra ran first one year and struggled to sell out 20k seats at PS against manly

Card Shark

Immortal
Just tried to get a family ticket in category 1 for the double header but can only get single seats. Can get family tickets in club bays (Cat 3).

Therefore the attendance will be good overall..., just won't all be there at once :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Funny thing is they'll have the nerve to call it a sell out even though there will never be even 30,000 in there at any one time.

guyver78

Juniors
So a sell out is a success?

NO it's not, a sell out is standard in this type of situation.

If we're showing 2 FINALS games in a 44,000 seating capacity stadium and we can't sell that out then it's a bit of a worry.

Sure there will be lots of empty seats in both games from people who leave or turn up late to only watch one game but we need to at the very least sell this out.

Diesel

Referee
You have to remember all fans must pay for tickets

Even if you have 23000 ticketed members

They all have to go to ticketek one by one and buy a ticket in 4 days

NRL has always struggled week one of finals to draw crowds

Parra ran first one year and struggled to sell out 20k seats at PS against manly

Part of that problem in week one was 1 v 8 and 2 v 7, you generally had 2 out of 4 games that were a miss match and potential blow outs, at least this year and last the games are a lot closer, or 1 v 4 and 5 v 8

guyver78

Juniors
Without even looking for anyone with the latest PAX I can tell that there wont be anymore then 35,000 at the Souths v Strom and Bulldogs v Knights games.

When you log into ticketek this late during the week and you can still get Cat 1 reserved seats on level 1 in bunches of 5's you know you're going to see an ordinary finals crowd.

At this stage 35,000 at both games would be a good result.

Valheru

Coach
Even if Newcastle could play North QLD in week 2 it would be in Newcastle. Their ground is eligible for week 2 finals. It might even be eligible for week 3 finals?

Card Shark

Immortal
It might even be eligible for week 3 finals?

Yes it is.

Had the knights finished in top 4 & win their first final, they would've hosted a game in week 3.

Edit: I was wrong. Week 3 @ Allianz or ANZ only in NSW.

Last edited:

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
The Dogs hosted the Knights in a week 1 final in 2009. It drew 21K. Granted that was a Saturday night so for a Sunday we might get 25K max.

All these predictions of 35K are unrealistic.

I dont think its possible for the knights to play the cowboys in week 2.

Both teams will play one of the losers from the top 4 teams, Then if the cowboys and Knights both won that they would play one of the winners from the top 4 in the prelim.

The only way the knights can play the cowboys is in the GF. Wont happen.

LOL...just won TEN free tickets off the NRL for the Double Header.

Looks like I'll be there now.

Father-in-law is driving me in. Don't have to give a f**k about results.

And the other eight I'm taking are shouting me beers.

Perfect night on the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts