What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The Dogs hosted the Knights in a week 1 final in 2009. It drew 21K. Granted that was a Saturday night so for a Sunday we might get 25K max.

All these predictions of 35K are unrealistic.

Exactly what I have been saying. I seen Mortimer on sky news the other night saying it will have 50k lol. Something between 20 and 25k sounds right.

Can only see 25-30k on Friday night as well

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Gonna need more seat fillers than the academy awards poor Todd

What a terrible first 4 weeks for the great white hope

And to think we were gonna make him Ceo

ouwet

Bench
In the Daily Telegraph today, they're bragging that the AFL is expecting more then any of the NRL games... Expected crowds as per ticket sales according to Dean Ritchie are;

AFL - 40-42K
NRL South V Melbourne - 30K
Double Header - 33-35K
Dogs V Knights - 25K

All week the AFL has been blitzing the advertising... Full page lift outs in the MX paper, Daily Telegraph, SMH, Radio ad's non stop, TV commercials (Fox)... NRL all I've seen is a couple of really small ad's in the Daily Telegraph & some radio commercials every now and then.

Card Shark

Immortal
In the Daily Telegraph today, they're bragging that the AFL is expecting more then any of the NRL games... Expected crowds as per ticket sales according to Dean Ritchie are;

AFL - 40-42K
Double Header - 33-35K
Dogs V Knights - 25K

Of course there is more going to the AFL, the Telecrap continues to stick the boot into the game & have contributed to it's poor marketing.

I reckon the NRL crowds will be much better than those listed above , particularly tonight.

AFL - 40-42K
Double Header - 33-35K
Dogs V Knights - 25K

All week the AFL has been blitzing the advertising... Full page lift outs in the MX paper, Daily Telegraph, SMH, Radio ad's non stop, TV commercials (Fox)... NRL all I've seen is a couple of really small ad's in the Daily Telegraph & some radio commercials every now and then.

Havent they epically failed in these pre game comparisons before? In any case AFL is a week closer to the GF so not really apples with apples.

I bet they didnt mention the 59k for roosters ve souths

ouwet

Bench
Havent they epically failed in these pre game comparisons before? In any case AFL is a week closer to the GF so not really apples with apples.

They have... Last year all week into the lead up to the GFQ we kept hearing the AFL would get more... AFL (Sydney V Collingwood) got a crowd that was in the 50's... Dogs V Souths got over 70K.

Still, judging by what's available on ticketek... The crowd tonight and for sunday will struggle... The best tickets still available.

franklin2323

Immortal

AFL - 40-42K
Double Header - 33-35K
Dogs V Knights - 25K

Typical

NRL 87k
AFL 40k

hmm what would I prefer...

So tell me how many here would be divorced if they attempted to go to all 4 Sydney games this weekend

Jamberoo

Juniors
They have... Last year all week into the lead up to the GFQ we kept hearing the AFL would get more... AFL (Sydney V Collingwood) got a crowd that was in the 50's... Dogs V Souths got over 70K.

Still, judging by what's available on ticketek... The crowd tonight and for sunday will struggle... The best tickets still available.

I made a packet betting on the NRL to have a bigger prelim crowd last year. AFL gets very few walk-ups. Surely Souths should get 35 - 40K. Going to be huge!
If the Storm get a home prelim they might get a bigger crowd than Geelong did for their final.
SO WHAT!?!
I come to this forum to read about NRL and half of the posts are about AFL.
I live in Melbourne so get enough AFL already!!!
Why the fixation with AFL???

BranVan3000

Coach
Not expecting a big crowd for the Storm game, the hype in the area has deflated like a popped balloon, cold as f**k weather and small hope of a win. 30 k max. Most likely 25

Was at 18k pax number when I bought last night

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Based on the figures Ritchie provided (let's pretend he didn't mean to imply nearly 600k attended SOU v SYD last week), the only way the AFL can outdraw the NRL in Sydney this weekend is by building a new stadium. They can get maximum 83,500... we're already set to crack 90k...

ouwet

Bench
Not expecting a big crowd for the Storm game, the hype in the area has deflated like a popped balloon, cold as f**k weather and small hope of a win. 30 k max. Most likely 25

Was at 18k pax number when I bought last night

Really? Think you guys are specials!

Although I would love Souths to Lose... Dogs to win! Next week would get 60-70K.

Brutus

Referee

Dean Ritchie said there would be 40-45k for the rabs v roosters so I wouldn't listen to him.

He's always talking up afl crowds

Brutus

Referee
I made a packet betting on the NRL to have a bigger prelim crowd last year. AFL gets very few walk-ups. Surely Souths should get 35 - 40K. Going to be huge!
If the Storm get a home prelim they might get a bigger crowd than Geelong did for their final.
SO WHAT!?!
I come to this forum to read about NRL and half of the posts are about AFL.
I live in Melbourne so get enough AFL already!!!
Why the fixation with AFL???

AFL finals game and NRL premiership game went head to head last friday night and the NRL premiership match won the crowd battle.

Will mud guts Ritchie write about that???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts