What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC_fan

Coach
I will be at ANZ tonight, cheering on our mighty Rabbitohs. I don't expect a great crowd, something around the 30,000 mark.

After all the hype leading up to the Roosters/Rabbitohs game last Friday I suspect we will suffer a let down with the crowd tonight. Plus our season ticket has expired and depends on whether or not fans want to fork out extra money to come tonight.

Potentially a team can play four games during the finals series. If a fan wants to see all those games they could be paying out a lot of money to do so.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I think anything around 30K will be a great crowd tonight. Remember this is a week 1 final.

Traditionally week one finals only get around the 20K mark so anything above that is a great effort, especially considering Melbourne are an out of town team.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Would there be much crossover between Carlton and Melbourne fans? Might get some who come up for both games. Otherwise if it breaks 30k tonight it would be a good result. Even Sydney v Sydney week 1 games at the major venues don't draw massive crowds

finals games should get great crowds no matter what. the excuses of paying four straight weeks is absurd, your team in the finals show up even for one time.

Diesel

Referee
The days of a 3pm Saturday and Sunday finals match at the SFS were always 30K plus no matter who played

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Wow just saw some live shots

Ummmmm let's forget 30k that's a pipe dream

We will be lucky to get 24k at this rate

NRL really needs to look at this

Why not just let season ticket holders in as part of their package

The fact that this game could get 10k less than the round 6 game is a disgrace

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Wow just saw some live shots

Ummmmm let's forget 30k that's a pipe dream

We will be lucky to get 24k at this rate

NRL really needs to look at this

Why not just let season ticket holders in as part of their package

The fact that this game could get 10k less than the round 6 game is a disgrace

Absolutely not!

I would say that is high 20's. Stacks up well against previous week 1 meetings for a Sydney club v out of town

GONZO72

Juniors
Don't understand Souths fans. Last Friday 60,000 fans rocked up, 40,000 of which were Souths fans.

Do Souths fans understand that SEMI FINAL football is more important than a round 26 clash?

Seriously, this crowd is pathetic. You would think after 5 decades of horror, utter rubbish, their fans would flock to ANZ.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Make tickets for members $6

As a member at parramatta.

I felt really pissed off week one of the finals

You turn up for 26 weeks to support your team to top 4

Your reward = slugged $45 for your own seat back

It just feels shit.

NRL needs to understand the finals need big crowds
You have 20000 season ticket holders ready and keen
But they profiteer off them

It's a very easy fix