What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen

Bench
Watch the grubs swarm back for the prelim final. Will be pretty embarrassing if the Swans double that crowd tomorrow night

Glen

Bench
Does the NRL take over when it comes to finals crowds? If so maybe Souffs have been topping their numbers up all year

Card Shark

Immortal
All first week finals games should be played at true home ground venues.

Crowds just don't turn up.

Wouldn't have made a difference to tonight but it would've tomorro joining 2 games.

Jamberoo

Juniors
When it the Storm home final?
No doubt they will put it on Friday up against the AFL, thus halving the crowd.

Big Sam

First Grade
People forget that everyone had to buy their tickets for this only a few days ago. We have under 20k season ticket holders in Sydney so it was never going to be spectacular.

Big Sam

First Grade
I don't know why the NRL didn't put the tickets on sale once we were confirmed for the Top 2. That was 3 weeks ago.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
f**k. The Storm played Brisbane in a finals game in sydney in 1998 and got 20k.

Souths play the Storm in a finals game in sydney in 2013 and 21k is your crowd.

Progress.

Broncos v Knights Semi in 2006 at Allianz got 22k.

This Souths crowd............

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Would've been bigger if it was against another Sydney team. I think most people made the trek out last week rather than this week. I went with 3 extra people last week that didn't come this week. No neutrals would've come to this game either seeing as the prices as more expensive. While I would've like more I'm not disappointed. Do week 1 finals generally get larger than 25k anyway?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Would've been bigger if it was against another Sydney team. I think most people made the trek out last week rather than this week. I went with 3 extra people last week that didn't come this week. No neutrals would've come to this game either seeing as the prices as more expensive. While I would've like more I'm not disappointed. Do week 1 finals generally get larger than 25k anyway?

Dogs v Manly - Friday night Week 1 at ANZ last year... that's right - MANLY, whose fans don't travel in numbers - got 36k.

21k is shameful no matter which way you cut it. 32k for the same fixture in Round 10... where'd all the fans go and why aren't they back? Did the MP loss last week turn them off?

That all said, I really hope we get more than that on Sunday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts