What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

brad_19

Juniors
Although it's only pure speculation, you'd think if the matches were played seperately, Brisbane would get 34-35k, and the Bulldogs 14-15k (Gold Coast would get a decent turnout in Brisbane). I'd say the formula of dividing gate takings would be along those lines, probably less heavily weighted in the Broncos favour though.

DINGb@T

Juniors
:lol:, no - it was definitely a Broncos home game goose, take a look at the draw.

:oops: My bad. Read the draw wrong.

And I agree with splitting the double header to 25k each. You're looking for the performance of the round, not each team, so a per game average would be best.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
You come up with a better way to do it... Splitting them up into two crowds isn't achievable unless you had a supporter count of each side, and dividing it down the middle is hardly fair.

I was there. No doubt there was a large amount of Dogs fans. More Titans fans though. I would say 30k broncs fans 15k tits and 15 dogs. But hang on thats 60k. f**k it i dont know how to divide it. 50-50's good enough i suppose.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I reckon they should up it to four Leichh, four Campbo and 4 ANZ. F**k the SFS off, they're the Wests Tigers.

That of course should all be with a view to upgrading facilities at LO & CS to make it a 6-6 split once again.

dogz08

First Grade
Next round should be good for crowds..

Eagles v Knights 15k
Titans v Broncos 25k
Bulldogs v Eels 20k (Hopefully)
Storm v Sharks 11k
Cowboys v Panthers 15k
Raiders v Tigers 10k
Warriors v Dragons 13k
Rabbits v Roosters 18k

Timmah

Staff member
Sea Eagles v Knights @ Bluetongue - 17k
Titans v Broncos @ Skilled - 26k
Bulldogs v Eels @ ANZ - 18k
Storm v Sharks @ Olympic - 11k
Cowboys v Panthers @ DFS - 17k
Raiders v Tigers @ Canberra - 10k
Warriors v Dragons @ Mt Smart - 12k
Rabbitohs v Roosters @ ANZ - 17k

Red Bear

Referee
Nothing like a Sunday at Leichhardt oval to show why we have the greatest game of all. Wish I'd gone yesterday just couldnt get up there unfortunately, but what a crowd and an excellent display of rugby league from the Tigers.

Red Bear

Referee
Eagles v Knights 15k
Titans v Broncos 25k
Bulldogs v Eels 20k (Hopefully)
Storm v Sharks 11k
Cowboys v Panthers 16k
Raiders v Tigers 10k
Warriors v Dragons 15k
Rabbits v Roosters 15k

Chook Norris

First Grade
Eagles v Knights 16k
Titans v Broncos 24k
Bulldogs v Eels 20k
Storm v Sharks 10k
Cowboys v Panthers 16k
Raiders v Tigers 10k (only just..)
Warriors v Dragons 15k
Rabbits v Roosters 15k

Timmah

Staff member
Well the 'Dogs have 8,500-odd members, if at least 7,500 of them go on Saturday, then there's Eels members about 5-6k worth who all get free entry, that's 12-13... plus all the bandwagoners for us, up to 16-17, then Eels bandwagoners happy after last night's victory... 19-20k is my guess now.

ouwet

Bench
Well the 'Dogs have 8,500-odd members, if at least 7,500 of them go on Saturday, then there's Eels members about 5-6k worth who all get free entry, that's 12-13... plus all the bandwagoners for us, up to 16-17, then Eels bandwagoners happy after last night's victory... 19-20k is my guess now.

Can't make it saturday night... Got my best mates weddings and neither can the 4 other people i've got season passes with... So that's 5 Bulldog season ticket holders not going lol... Wish the game was on friday night or sunday:(

dragondad

First Grade
Eagles v Knights 15k
Titans v Broncos 26k
Bulldogs v Eels 21k
Storm v Sharks 10k
Cowboys v Panthers 15k
Raiders v Tigers 9k
Warriors v Dragons 16k
Rabbits v Roosters 15k

Bluebags1908

Juniors
I reckon they should up it to four Leichh, four Campbo and 4 ANZ. F**k the SFS off, they're the Wests Tigers.

That of course should all be with a view to upgrading facilities at LO & CS to make it a 6-6 split once again.

I reckon Wests Tigers home games should be split like this:

5 x Leichhardt
5 x Campbelltown
2 x Concord Oval

Wests Tigers offices and training is at Concord Oval. Also not many people realise that Wests Magpies original home ground (before moving to Pratten Park in Ashfield) was at St. Luke's Park which is on the current site of Concord Oval.

Before the Magpies moved out to Campbelltown, Wests terriory was (and still is) Burwood/Strathfield/Concord/Ashfield (Inner West). Nearby Wests Ashfield put up the $$$ from the Magpies half of the merger so it would be good to have 2 games at Concord to service the old Magpies area, which also happens to adjoin Balmain territory.

Last edited:

ChrisCryptic

Juniors
Eagles v Knights 18k
Titans v Broncos 25k
Bulldogs v Eels 17k
Storm v Sharks 11k
Cowboys v Panthers 14k
Raiders v Tigers 9k
Warriors v Dragons 14k
Rabbits v Roosters 17k

What sort of capacity does Concord have?

Latest posts