What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Is 45k to optimistic for fridays double header? Lots of my mates are goin.....

and is this the game that Timmah has been waiting for to skew his Bulldogs average up?
Dogs are highest in the state for crowds last I checked, we're not the ones needing to skew our averages up.

danmiles73

Juniors
Dogs are highest in the state for crowds last I checked, we're not the ones needing to skew our averages up.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but wasn't it the Bulldogs' idea to take the game north (as they have tried to do with other Queensland teams that don't draw as well down south)?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25453625-5016541,00.html

The Bulldogs have proposed taking their round-19 home game against the Gold Coast Titans to Suncorp Stadium, combining it with the Broncos' clash against South Sydney.
It would be staged on the Friday night, building on the hype of the State of Origin decider at Suncorp two nights earlier.
The Bulldogs will find out on Tuesday if the concept will go ahead, with the NRL and Channel Nine to announce round 19 scheduling.

Either way, great to see that Lang Park is going to be packed twice in the one week. Good look for the NRL. :)

Chook Norris

First Grade
Vossy said on TFS that there were less than 300 tickets left for the match

which basically means its a sell out [with walk up.. and considering that he's info would've been a bit old yesterday night]

dragondad

First Grade
Broncos v Souths/Bulldogs v Titans - 51k
Panthers v Raiders - 13k
Cronulla v Manly - 13k
Roosters v Warriors - 9k
Tigers v Cowboys - 14k
Eels v Storm - 8k

Chook Norris

First Grade
Panthers v Raiders - 10k
Cronulla v Manly - 12k
Roosters v Warriors - 10k
Tigers v Cowboys - 14.5k
Eels v Storm - 10k

Liam

Juniors
Broncos v Souths/Bulldogs v Titans - 53k
Panthers v Raiders - 10k
Cronulla v Manly - 10k
Roosters v Warriors - 7k
Tigers v Cowboys - 15k
Eels v Storm - 8k

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Forgive me if I am wrong, but wasn't it the Bulldogs' idea to take the game north (as they have tried to do with other Queensland teams that don't draw as well down south)?

Either way, great to see that Lang Park is going to be packed twice in the one week. Good look for the NRL. :)

I'm well aware it was the 'Dogs idea, I f**king support them. My point is that while this is good initiative, we're the one club in Sydney for whom it's not absolutely necessary in order to "jack up our averages".

And the official capacity of Suncorp is 52,500 to whoever said 53 :lol:

Red Bear

Referee
Panthers v Raiders - 10k
Cronulla v Manly - 12k
Roosters v Warriors - 8k
Tigers v Cowboys - 16k
Eels v Storm - 8k

I'm well aware it was the 'Dogs idea, I f**king support them. My point is that while this is good initiative, we're the one club in Sydney for whom it's not absolutely necessary in order to "jack up our averages".

And the official capacity of Suncorp is 52,500 to whoever said 53 :lol:

wish i was there

its hard waiting

I guess it just goes to show your insecurity when you have to bag someone for writting 53 instead of 52. I hope it made you feel REALLY good....you'll need the 'kick' to your self esteem by the looks of it.

dgsfan

Juniors
What's the dogs average crowd figure now with the 50k added? How do we stack up to the qld teams and othe teams?

DINGb@T

Juniors
Nah, it was a Souths home game. That's why they moved it- they'd each get about 10-15,000 each at an empty ANZ down in Sydney so they brought the game up to Brisbane to better their crowd take.

Latest posts