What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

DINGb@T

Juniors
Not really. Any season is lucky to get 2 rounds that have 20k or more- the season opener plus one other round. Last year it was round 7 (the $onny-Bill/Mason showdown I think), year before it was round 5, year before that round 23, etc. If the 2 opening rounds are above 20k it means that we could be on our way to a season with multiple rounds of 20k+ which would be awesome.

fanatique

Juniors
Not a great round 1 it has to be admitted with Titans, Sharks and even Broncos not meeting hopes. However one good sign is the wins for both the Bulldogs and the Souths.

Both Dogs and Souths are able given a good run this year to draw a home average of 20,000 plus and in a recession it would be good to see that.

Hopefully the Rabbits, buoyed by a win and at home to the Eels can draw 25,000.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
close to 30k is the hope for tonight, the weather is perfect, Souths are in golden form, and it's Parra's first game in Oz for the year, almost across the road from their home.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I'm gonna be pessimistic:

SOU v PAR - 20,000
BRI v MEL - 35,000
STG v GCT - 15,000
PEN v BUL - 12,500
NQ v WES - 16,500
CAN v SYD - 14,000
MAN v NZW - 16,000
CRO v NEW - 11,000

Total: 140,000
Average: 17,500

ouwet

Bench
close to 30k is the hope for tonight, the weather is perfect, Souths are in golden form, and it's Parra's first game in Oz for the year, almost across the road from their home.

Hopefully Parramatta supporters go... I'd expect 25K Rabbitohs supporters alone (It's such a beautiful day).

Imagine IF the Bulldogs & Rabbitohs are 3 from 4 or 4 from 4 by there Round 5 clash on Easter Monday, they'd get 40K+.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Hopefully Parramatta supporters go... I'd expect 25K Rabbitohs supporters alone (It's such a beautiful day).

Imagine IF the Bulldogs & Rabbitohs are 3 from 4 or 4 from 4 by there Round 5 clash on Easter Monday, they'd get 40K+.

Under those circumstances I'd expect them to go close to 50K.

Can someone tell us what the regular season attendence record is in Sydney?

babyg

Juniors
Footy show singing false sell out again for the Broncos so expect people not to bother showing up. Hope not.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Hopefully the Penrith City Festival that happens tomorrow during the day and afternoon will help boost the crowd tomorrow night.

Good weather tomorrow could get a few families through the gates.

NRL Family Fun Day heads West!
NRL

Friday, March 20, 2009
The NRL Family Fun Day heads west this Saturday night to the foot of the mountains, when the Penrith Panthers take on the Bulldogs at CUA Stadium.
Not only will families be treated to two fast-paced, exciting games of football, with the Toyota Cup kicking off at 5:15pm, and the main game at 7:30pm, but there will also be a range of family friendly events including face painting, the inflatable NRL obstacle course and pass the ball.
Added to this, families can experience this great family fun day at a family friendly price of just $40 (2 Adults + 2 Child).
Plus the Footy Family Meal Deal of 4 Pies and 4 600ml Cokes for just $25.

Last edited:

Latest posts