What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

ByRd

First Grade
Penrith crowd was around 16, 800.

Where were all you panther fans??? The stadium was blue and white all over, easily 8-9k worth of Bulldog fans there, had an awesome time on the hill and what a finish, good crowd.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Penrith crowd was around 16, 800.

Where were all you panther fans??? The stadium was blue and white all over, easily 8-9k worth of Bulldog fans there, had an awesome time on the hill and what a finish, good crowd.
good crowd, what's the current capacity?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Crowds R2:

Rabbitohs v Eels @ ANZ 20,871
Broncos v Storm @ Suncorp 36,647
Dragons v Titans @ WIN W'gong 13,329
Panthers v Bulldogs @ CUA 16,846

4 games, 87,693 fans, 21,923 average.

NQL/WES tbc

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Credit where credit is due. Good crowd at Penrith. But apparently there were more Bulldogs supporters there? Let's hope the team can win some games and they keep up with the good crowd for this game.

ByRd

First Grade
Much much much more Bulldog fans were there. It felt like a home game as we covered the whole stadium, as i said easily around 8/9k worth of Bulldog fans.

MsStorm

Bench
ffs will RL fans EVER start supporting their clubs in person? Too lazy to get their arses off the couch and really support their team.

Anyone think the two games on Friday night isn't helping? Loses the blockbuster appeal.

I do...stupid idea to have 2 games on a Friday night.

And talk about scheduling, wouldn't it been better for Storm to have a game on this weekend when there was no afl on...or other events like NAB gf, basketball gf and King of Leon concert (last Friday nights game against the Dragons)

mattyg

Bench
10k at CUA were dogs fans lol...WAYYY outnumbered...don't think i've seen anything like that before haha we were sooo noisy

fanatique

Juniors
Bulldogs are away to Titans and then home in succession to Sharks and Rabbits.

Now we will see if they can really power through and if things keep going for them average 25,000 for the season. It is possible. The Dogs really could do it. No capacity problems and with a good run it is possible. Beat the Titans and I expect 22 to 25,000 VS the Sharks with at least 18,000 puppies there.

Timmah

Staff member
Sunday arvo vs the Sharks will be a bumper match. Hope we can overcome the Titans, we lost there last year... :(

Timmah

Staff member
Crowds R2:

Rabbitohs v Eels @ ANZ 20,871
Broncos v Storm @ Suncorp 36,647
Dragons v Titans @ WIN W'gong 13,329
Panthers v Bulldogs @ CUA 16,846
Cowboys v Tigers @ DFS 19,879

5 games, 107,572 fans, 21,514 average.

Red Bear

Referee
I was at WIN last night, thought it was a bigger crowd than that. There were some empty seats on both northern and southern grandstands but the hill seemed pretty packed and the Western Grandstand was sold out.

I've been there when it has been completely sold out, the hill is standing room only.

ouwet

Bench
Was at the game, really impressed with the amount of Bulldog supporters, we weren't just beind the posts BUT we outnumbered them in the stands aswell, Bulldogs have the best travelling supporters in the NRL. We outnumbered Penrith In Penrith!

Timmah

Staff member
I don't think so tbh. Sunday arvo cracker, 30k+ for sure but not 50, no. Too optimistic.

Latest posts