What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Very surprising looked like at least 25000 plus.

Rubbish. The corners looked empty, they're usually packed if there's 25k or anything that size. Very disappointing crowd, bet plenty of Eels fans are angry at themselves for not turning up.

20k is never a bad result but in this case, both sets of fans could've done much better. Given Souths have 8k season members and I think Parra around 5k, there's 13k straight up. Add your walk-ups and corporates, should've got 25-30 given it's a fine night.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Crowds R2:

Rabbitohs v Eels @ ANZ 20,871
Broncos v Storm @ Suncorp 36,647

2 games, 57,518 fans, 28,759 average.

Smiley

Bench
Very dumb of the NRL scheduling Cowboys and Storm and Dragons in a 4 week period. I was unable to attend tonight as I'm flat broke from last friday night and saving for Dragons in two weeks.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Whats with Vossy crapping on about over 50 k expected at Brisbane last nite... only 14000.00 of Andrew... Well done...

Need an average of approx 17000 per game for rest of round to top 160 k ... To keep the over 20 k for 2 weeks straight

Lets just stop hoping cos it aint gonna happen...

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I'm gonna be pessimistic:

SOU v PAR - 20,000
BRI v MEL - 35,000
STG v GCT - 15,000
PEN v BUL - 12,500
NQ v WES - 16,500
CAN v SYD - 14,000
MAN v NZW - 16,000
CRO v NEW - 11,000

Total: 140,000
Average: 17,500

I dont think you will be too far wrong... The first 2 you are spot on, penriff may surprise... But I still expect to see plenty of red seats...

fanatique

Juniors
Rubbish. The corners looked empty, they're usually packed if there's 25k or anything that size. Very disappointing crowd, bet plenty of Eels fans are angry at themselves for not turning up.

20k is never a bad result but in this case, both sets of fans could've done much better. Given Souths have 8k season members and I think Parra around 5k, there's 13k straight up. Add your walk-ups and corporates, should've got 25-30 given it's a fine night.

To be fair Timmah any 20K plus attendance at a Sydney game is good going. We all have high hopes of big crowds but we also have to be realistic. The fact is that the attendance is the biggest at a Souths VS Eels game since 1989. 20 years!!! You can count on one hand the 20K plus attendances the fixture has attracted so let's be reasonable.

I was hoping for 25,000, expecting about 22,000 and am a little disappointed but I wouldn't say the crowd was disappointing as such. Slightly maybe but not really.

Brutus

Referee
If Souths and the Bulldogs stay in reasonable form up until round 5 I predict a 30k crowd for the Monday night game between the two teams. Let's hope they promote the f**k out of this game.

ByRd

First Grade
Agreed, especially being on Easter Monday and the Easter show next door and if both teams have won a few then 30k should be the minimum.

VictoryFC

Bench
Whats with Vossy crapping on about over 50 k expected at Brisbane last nite... only 14000.00 of Andrew... Well done...

Need an average of approx 17000 per game for rest of round to top 160 k ... To keep the over 20 k for 2 weeks straight

Lets just stop hoping cos it aint gonna happen...

The delusion is quite strong with the entire team. Even as Suncorp was going live to air, and you could see that most of the top tier was empty, Johns was talking it up as a 45-50k attendance in the first 20 seconds of coverage.

coach

There was two dissappointing crowd figures last night.

Souths v Parramatta should have drew 30,000. It had everything in its favour to have reached that mark. The fact that it didn't has to concern both Souths and the NRL.

The Broncos should have drew 50,000 for its game against the Storm.

camsmith

Juniors
ffs will RL fans EVER start supporting their clubs in person? Too lazy to get their arses off the couch and really support their team.

Anyone think the two games on Friday night isn't helping? Loses the blockbuster appeal.

Dutchy

Immortal
ffs will RL fans EVER start supporting their clubs in person? Too lazy to get their arses off the couch and really support their team.

Anyone think the two games on Friday night isn't helping? Loses the blockbuster appeal.

Were you there?

Knightmare

Coach
Last night's crowd at Suncorp for a big game like that was a disgrace- the Broncos should merge with the Titans so they actually can get sellout crowds every weekend :sarcasm:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
13361 I think was the crowd at WIN... Looks pretty full, but is a small ground... No idea how they have posted crowds of 18k +

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Had Souths v Parra been played on a Sunday afternoon I'm pretty sure they would have got 25,000-30,000.

Was Souths biggest home crowd v Parra since 1971 when 39,077 turned up to home game at the SCG.

Latest posts