What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

alexc

Good to see that wests vs parra crowd on tv. If only we could roll one of those out every week would be awesome.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So what brought the crowd out?

Was it
A) fact the hype is building close to the playoffs
B) the Hayne v Marshall factor
C) Due to being at SFS
D) All of the above?

Have to say it was far more enjoyable watching it on TV with a large crowd. The atmosphere was better and the players, and even commentators, seemed to lift their excitement and energy levels. This is what we need to be seeing as a norm not as one offs.

Angry_eel

First Grade

Was it
C) Due to being at SFS
D) All of the above?

Have to say it was far more enjoyable watching it on TV with a large crowd. The atmosphere was better and the players, and even commentators, seemed to lift their excitement and energy levels. This is what we need to be seeing as a norm not as one offs.
It was the way Tigers and Parra had been playing. The hype wasn't as big as what it could have been. However, everyone knew that it would be a good game.

Personally, i didn't think the crowd would be that big. At 6:45 i looked around and majority of the stadium bar a few bays was empty. By 7:30 it was chocablocs.

I think that the game of the round should be moved to SFS. It really is a quality stadium if the crowd shows up.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe that is the way to go? Let the NRL take control of the NSW game of the round. Move it to a Friday night at SFS, hype it up, market the hell out of it each week, offer cheap tickets and freebies to jnr clubs and lets get at least one game on FTA every weekend with 35,000+ crowd.

Didgi

Seeing the game second in QLD, it is often the case that they will cut to the sydney game and there will be small patches of supporters in the SFS or ANZ, way below capacity, way below half capacity, and it sucks a viewer's enthusiasm for the game.

Didgi

Much of our crowd problems are ticket prices and game awareness - more advertising fixes the latter, and lowering ticket prices would drastically improve crowds.

Do we want 15,000 paying $50 or 30,000 paying $30?

Angry_eel

First Grade
Maybe that is the way to go? Let the NRL take control of the NSW game of the round. Move it to a Friday night at SFS, hype it up, market the hell out of it each week, offer cheap tickets and freebies to jnr clubs and lets get at least one game on FTA every weekend with 35,000+ crowd.

Friday night be a bit hard for some teams. Think about Novocastrians and Gongaloids(whatever the f**k they are called). They will get home at 1.

Chook Norris

First Grade

Was it
C) Due to being at SFS
D) All of the above?

all of the above + both teams in form(as mentioned before)

the media did give it a big bơst by placing a pic of Hayne v Marshall on the front of DT

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
"Due to being at the SFS"? :lol:

On Friday night?

The entire area in and around the CBD became f**king bedlam :lol:

RedVee

First Grade
Re WIN I think the last minute rain cost a few supporters. It was great being part of the 17k though, excellent atmosphere. The crowd at the semi vs Sharks was 19k, not sure we will ever see it again due to council and police safety regs.
I think Jubilee fits approx 2k more capacity than WINagong.

Crippler

Juniors
Parra bandwagons will be out in force next week with a sellout against Panthers i predict.

Absolute joke they can get 7000 to a game earlier in the year and then a potential 20000 when they start winning a few games. Althought I commend those 7000 diehard fans that come every week.

Parra bandwagons will be out in force next week with a sellout against Panthers i predict.

Absolute joke they can get 7000 to a game earlier in the year and then a potential 20000 when they start winning a few games. Althought I commend those 7000 diehard fans that come every week.

Once it starts up, there are not many bandwagons bigger than the Parra one.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dragons v Broncos @ WIN: 17,044
Tigers v Eels @ SFS: 34,272
Knights v Cowboys @ EAS: 15,408
Panthers v Rabbitohs @ CUA: 14,214

Total: 80,938
Average: 20,235

Tomorrow we have NZ v Canberra @ Mt Smart, Titans/Sharks @ Skilled and Storm/Manly @ Olympic.

Might be up to the 'Dogs to save the round :crazy:

Latest posts