What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

ByRd

First Grade
Looks overcast now in Sydney... They're saying it's going to rain, could affect the crowd:(
Been raining here for the last half hour which is very annoying but who cares, hopefully we can at least 15k tonight but i think it will be around 13k or so.

Perth Red

Post Whore
One good thing about these attendances is I am confident an eventual WA team will be able to keep pace with most clubs!

Pazza

First Grade
the fact the roosters have no fans and are coming last will affect the turn out!

would be great to see a double header in sydney sometime soon! parra v penrith and souths v st george would pull a huge crowd!

chunk

Juniors
Just looking ahead.

If the Tigers win this week against the Titans and are playing for a top 8 spot against the Dogs who could be playing for the Minor Premiership.............

Sell out - 40 000 at SFS

Chook Norris

First Grade
Just looking ahead.

If the Tigers win this week against the Titans and are playing for a top 8 spot against the Dogs who could be playing for the Minor Premiership.............

Sell out - 40 000 at SFS
why would it be played at the SFS in round 1 though?

LRC

the fact the roosters have no fans and are coming last will affect the turn out!

would be great to see a double header in sydney sometime soon! parra v penrith and souths v st george would pull a huge crowd!

Since when have the dogs relied on the opposition team to pull a crowd. We keep hearing about this masive bulldogs army...where were they tonight.
Surely a little bit of drizzle wouldnt stop them there are so many of them ...apparently.

Last year the dogs brought noone to the roosters home game when they were coming last.. I think it been recipricated this time.

When both teams are fring the crowds are always great and the spread is fairly even...the dogs probably have a slight majority but they still need the roosters supporters to pull the big crowds...just like all teams...

Wait a minute the roosters have no supporters.....apparently.

MsStorm

Bench
What evidence do you have that 5% of people who went to an AFL game would have gone to the Storm game? What rubbish.

There were 2 games of afl on Sunday....Storm do have quite a few Collingwood, St.Kilda and North supporters, even Melb. based Swans fans come to our games....see all afl teams supporters are our games in fact.

Sitting close to us on Sunday, were Bulldogs, Geelong and Carlton fans.
They proudly wear their afl scarves or hats and many wear their afl hats and Storm scarves etc. and vice versa.

ouwet

Bench
Last nights crowd... I'm a fan of Monday night football when my team isn't playing (Watch on Fox) BUT it's a bitch to get to the game! I had to finish work 1 hour early just to make it at 7pm (Just got there too), i'd imagine a lot of people couldn't leave work early and would hardly make the effort to watch 2nd V Last... Friday night is ok because saturday you can sleep LOL But i woke up at 5.30am and didn't get home til 10pm then had to eat, shower etc only to wake up today at 5.30am and struggling... I probably won't go to anymore monday night games in the future and i'm sure there are plenty of others who wouldn't too.

ouwet

Bench

3 of the 4 teams would bring supporters But Please Penrith fans do not travel! Any double header involving the following Sydney teams would pull huge crowds... Bulldogs, Parramatta, Souths, Dragons And Tigers!

MsStorm

Bench
I thought the 2nd half was pretty good

Yeah you're right the 2nd half was okay.

I've seen every Bulldogs game this year and really enjoy watching them play.
I'm really impressed with your coach...he presents well on the postmatch interviews..and never looks flustered...unlike Bellyache:lol:
And your CEO....he's just pure quality.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm finding there's a liiitttle bit of Bennett about Kevvy Moore actually, tries not to say a terrible amount.

dragondad

First Grade
Parramatta v Penrith - 20k
Cowboys v Brisbane - 19k
Titans v Tigers - 17k
Rabbitohs v Dragons - 16k
Storm v Roosters - 9k
Sea Eagles v Cronulla - 17k
Bulldogs v Warriors - 28k
Raiders v Knights - 12k

brad_19

Juniors
Parramatta v Penrith - 20k
Cowboys v Brisbane - 19k
Titans v Tigers - 17k
Rabbitohs v Dragons - 16k
Storm v Roosters - 9k
Sea Eagles v Cronulla - 17k
Bulldogs v Warriors - 28k
Raiders v Knights - 12k

Last match at OP mate... should be a really good turnout.

Latest posts