What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

My predictions
Broncos vs Dragons 50,000
Roosters vs Eels 10,000 (could be ugly)
Panthers vs Tigers 13,000
Storm vs Titans 13,000
Warriors vs Rabbitohs 23,000 (capacity)
Bulldogs vs Sharks 15,000
Knights vs Sea Eagles 15,000
Raiders vs Cowboys 10,000

Total 149,000
Average 18,625

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There's no coverage of the Roosters/Eels clash from what I can ascertain. Crazy.

coach

11,231 at the Roosters game.

C.9 said on there news tonight that the Brisbane game pre-sold 48,000. If so why did only 42,000 showup?

Timmah

Staff member
coach said:
11,231 at the Roosters game.

C.9 said on there news tonight that the Brisbane game pre-sold 48,000. If so why did only 42,000 showup?

Poor weather + earlier kickoff + roadworks in the precinct = people less inclined to go to the trouble.

42,000 is still sensational tbh.

VictoryFC

Bench
Still never fails to mystify that people who are in possession of a ticket simply decide not to go.

Solid

Juniors
There was a huge number of Dragons fans tonight. Wild guess, but certainly looked like 40% of crowd were dragons fans. So many white jerseys, not just the Broncos white strip.

It rained a little in the morning, but the sun was out by 3pm.

VictoryFC

Bench
So Dragons sent over 17,000 fans according to your observation? Seems like a bit of a stretch even for a wild guess ;-)

Solid

Juniors
I assume there is a large portion that live in Brisbane.

Its bizarre how many St George fans there were tonight. I'm sticking to my claim of 40%

Kiki

First Grade
i thought it was well known how many dragons fans live in qld?? well it is amongst us fans anyway.

VictoryFC

Bench
i thought it was well known how many dragons fans live in qld?? well it is amongst us fans anyway.

Oh right on. Then by all means, apologies to Saints. Fair effort, match is on soon, will be sweet watching Broncs lose

Timmah

Staff member
How the f**k am I the one trolling? VictoryFC is casting aspersions on someone's guess about a crowd break-down because they were actually there. Add to that he's also been a known troll himself, casting a negative attitude when one isn't necessary.

Are you trolling or what?

VictoryFC

Bench
Well, I thought the little wink I put at the end sort of signified that I was just having a sly dig; hardly attacking the fellow or trolling for that matter. And as for me being a "known troll", I'm hardly a well known figure around here. I don't think I've ever swore at someone as you just did; maybe I've had different opinions, but only someone naive could classify opposing views as trolling.

But nevermind, back on topic..

Timmah

Staff member
I just think that with all of the issues with attendances in our game at the moment, arguing the crowd breakdown at a game where we got 42k through the gate is REALLY narky and we've got more pressing matters to worry about. Probably communicated that a bit harshly but it annoyed me.

How the f**k am I the one trolling? VictoryFC is casting aspersions on someone's guess about a crowd break-down because they were actually there. Add to that he's also been a known troll himself, casting a negative attitude when one isn't necessary.

Are you trolling or what?

I was there too, in the members section on the eastern side. So i could not see the top tier above me....but let me tell you, I'd love to know where they would have put 10,000 more people!

To mine, they only had the caxton st end top tier largely empty, and the milton road top tier right corner empty....the rest was full.

could someone tell me if the top tier was full above me? If it was, then they have fudged the figure somehow or there is some unknown discrepancy to my calculation.

If not, i would still like to know where they could have stuck 10,000 more people.