What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Serc

First Grade
I was on the western side and the tier above you had a fair few people in it too, similar to the Milton Rd top tier.

I certainly saw HEAPS of white jerseys in the crowd, but surely they would be hard to differentiate from the Broncos away jerseys...anyway it was a super turnout from Saints supporters.

Great game, great crowd, especially given it pissed down all yesterday (80-100mm across all of Brisbane) and pissed down again this morning at least in parts of the southside with just a few hours of broken sun before kickoff. Well done!

Hindyscrack

Bench
Still never fails to mystify that people who are in possession of a ticket simply decide not to go.

Depending on the stadium there can be tickets floating about for stadium members, season ticket holders, sponsor allocations that don't turn up. When giving a pre-sold estimate the Broncos would include this (they probably beefed it up to give a false sense of needing to buy tickets, which works for all GA events such as music festivals but can fail for weekly stadiums sports such as Broncos games).

The 18:30 kick off was insane though. Definately cut the gate back from 50,000.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Roosters have few fans, even for their block buster opening against Sth's I would say there was only about 11,000 Roosters fans in the ground. Probably 9,000 turned up tonight.

TheDalek079

Bench
11k for Easts last night. Very disappointing. should have been 15k minimum.
Good Friday next week, coming off a win, Nate and Willie should be back. If we can't get a good crowd there then we never will

dragondad

First Grade
How good was it to see at the end,all the Saints going to the corner to thank the fans,and the bay was PACKED with Saints jerseys and flags.I think Parramatta will be a sea of red and white on Good Friday.

taipan

Referee
OK lets see Cronulla gets bagged because they get 11,000 on a wet Monday evening or a wet sat night this year.
So 11,000 is OK for the Eels on a fine sat night lst weekend.11,000 is OK for a slightly wet Friday night at THE SFS Roosters v Parra.
Sub 10,000 is OK for a Monday evening at Brookvale oval.
13,000 is OK for a Saints v Titans on a fine Sat arvo at the gong.
You go figure.Talk about selective crapola.

bobmar28

Bench
OK lets see Cronulla gets bagged because they get 11,000 on a wet Monday evening or a wet sat night this year.
So 11,000 is OK for the Eels on a fine sat night lst weekend.11,000 is OK for a slightly wet Friday night at THE SFS Roosters v Parra.

13,000 is ok for Wollongong. 11,000 is not ok for Sharks, Eels and Eagles in any weather.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

I don't see anywhere saying those figures are OK.

I also don't remember it raining at Shark Park in R2...

babyg

Juniors
Gee that was a sh*t crowd. Sorry guys but some of you have to merge or relocate.

Thought there was more than 42k at Suncorp too.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why do we build stadia in Australia that have roofs that offer no protection from the elements? It makes no sense to me!

The Tank

Bench
I'm a little disappointed with the Penrith crowd... was hoping for 17-18k considering how many Tigers fans turned up... hopefully now we're starting to win the crowds will come back.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Decent crowds all around so far.

Should be close to 20k @ Mt Smart again today, 15-20k @ ANZ and about 18-19k @ EAS... Only worry is Canberra tomorrow and they normally warm to MNF so we might be looking at another solid round.

bobmar28

Bench
Decent crowds all around so far.

Should be close to 20k @ Mt Smart again today, 15-20k @ ANZ and about 18-19k @ EAS... Only worry is Canberra tomorrow and they normally warm to MNF so we might be looking at another solid round.

"Decent crowds all around so far". 11,000 is a decent crowd in a city of 4.5 million?

big country

Juniors
11,698 at Olympic Park

a pathetic 12k at home to see 3peat grand finalists and world class stars Inglis,Slater,Smith,Cronk take on an equally exciting team - i hope the new stadium next year is the miracle cure everyone claims it will be otherwise why bother - these players deserve better than this

I'm not expecting a great crowd for the Raiders-Cowboys game due to a few reasons:

- $30 an adult ticket, $25 a Concession, $15 a child: A rip-off

- 0 from 3 so far

- A Monday night game: school, work etc. (hasn't seemed to affect others)

It seems by having these massive prices they are encouraging memberships.

Ridiculous from the Raiders. Used to be $6.50 for a child.