What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
"Decent crowds all around so far". 11,000 is a decent crowd in a city of 4.5 million?

:sleeper: What are we achieving by bashing them?

Have you kept in mind:
- 15,500 apparent capacity
- Carlton v Brisbane @ Etihad across town

? Clearly not. Given crowds earlier this decade, anything 11k+ at Olympic is applaudable.

Off to ANZ shortly, can't wait :D

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm pretending that didn't happen. Seriously, did anyone expect any different out of a Roosters/Eels match - potentially the two most lethargic fan bases in Sydney outside the Shire?

miccle

Bench
I'm pretending that didn't happen. Seriously, did anyone expect any different out of a Roosters/Eels match - potentially the two most lethargic fan bases in Sydney outside the Shire?

No. And because of that, f**k them off. Seriously, SFS, Friday night. 11,000 is horrific. No excuses whatsover - that match would've drawn easily 11,000 in Adelaide, Wellington or Perth, and would've gotten 17k in Gosford without breaking a sweat.

camsmith

Juniors
a pathetic 12k at home to see 3peat grand finalists and world class stars Inglis,Slater,Smith,Cronk take on an equally exciting team - i hope the new stadium next year is the miracle cure everyone claims it will be otherwise why bother - these players deserve better than this

No away support, no build up and only around 5,000 under capacity.. not bad (not great either). Compared to the Roosters vs Eels game which was on a Friday night in a stadium that can fit tens of thousands more supporters and would have had much greater away support.

12,000 was alright for us. I think your attention should be on the NSW clubs. If they can't get more than 10,000 home supporters to a game.. then why bother?

taipan

Referee
I don't see anywhere saying those figures are OK.

I also don't remember it raining at Shark Park in R2...

They aren't OK,all i am saying is people seem to concentrate their crowd attacks on one club.It is nothing new.
Monday night against Newcastle not saturday/friday night or sunday afternoon,overcast ,rained earlier in the day.

The Tank

Bench
Unfortunate the Warriors are starting to lose. Seems to always happen in NZ... the crowds get interested and the team turns into a dud.

Billythekid

First Grade
Unfortunate the Warriors are starting to lose. Seems to always happen in NZ... the crowds get interested and the team turns into a dud.

They lost by 6 to the team who is now in first (i think), surely that won't stop fans coming to the game.

Didgi

:lol: @ Rabbitohs, 'top of the table.'

Lets see if they stay that way. :lol:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
After todays results next Monday Night's clash should get a bumper crowd between the Dogs and Souths at ANZ. Both teams share the ground and it is a public holiday. Surely 25K is a minimum?

Latest posts