What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch Thread 2009

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
On the back of the St George Illawarra Dragons and South Sydney Rabbitohs ;-)

adamkungl

Immortal
On the back of the St George Illawarra Dragons and South Sydney Rabbitohs ;-)

Not our fault they like playing us :) Last year both of those games (and our first game v Bulldogs) were played away. When we hosted it was raining every time. So it evens out over the years

Timmah

Staff member
Maybe, but you'll be shown up in the coming months for what your crowds really are. Bluetongue might just save you.

adamkungl

Immortal
Maybe, but you'll be shown up in the coming months for what your crowds really are. Bluetongue might just save you.

If our form picks up we should get 15k+ against Tigers, Manly, any other non-Sharks Sydney teams we play at home. It'll get ugly when we play the likes of GC, Canberra. Bluetongue won't save us, our game against Melbourne is on a f**king Monday night.

camsmith

Juniors
You are aware there's a Fight Club section for people who want to bag RL crowds by comparing them to AFL? Piss off over there mate, we're here trying to be positive about what we're doing for a game in a minor market, and what happened on the weekend was a great feat.

And yes, it was a sell-out, it was declared as such pre-match and in terms of safety, no further patrons would have been admitted.

I was simply replying to pcpp who brought up the AFL. Then following that I replied to Brutus who didn't seem to understand how the MCG ticketing works.

You're basically saying that a dig at the AFL in this thread cannot be replied to from the opposite side, or even corrected.

I understand this thread is all about recording RL crowds but if someone is able to criticise AFL crowds in here, surely I can defend it?

Stranger

Coach
Dunno what is wrong with the Newi crowds...

If we had beaten the tigers i could see 20k at newi... Since we didn't i can't see much more than 16k and even if it is v Broncos.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Dunno what is wrong with the Newi crowds...

If we had beaten the tigers i could see 20k at newi... Since we didn't i can't see much more than 16k and even if it is v Broncos.

Can Newi hold more than 20k at the moment? certainly doesn't look it

Can Newi hold more than 20k at the moment? certainly doesn't look it

no, capacity is at 18K.

I think this has already been posted but apparently a few noses are out of joint as season ticket holders from the western stand have been moved to the eastern stand. Therefore there is little decent reserved seating available.

Im sure thats what ive hear anyway.

A newcastle fan should be able to give us a more detailed reason though.

Timmah

Staff member
Noses out of joint?

Wow, Newie fans should grow up if that's the case, it's a temporary thing until the new stand is built.

beave

Coach
I agree, being able to watch some footy and help support your club should be paramount for these people...........

did the fans from the western side think a grandstand was going to magically f$%king appear out of the ground over night???? Getting $hitty because they have to move sides for a season or 2 is highly childish.

mattyg

Bench
on the topic of newcastle, is the new stand going to replicate the new Andrew Johns stand? Or is it going to be built differently?

Timmah

Staff member
I believe that's the intention but I'm sure some Knights fans have more of an idea than I.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
on the topic of newcastle, is the new stand going to replicate the new Andrew Johns stand? Or is it going to be built differently?
This is what it'll look like when finished.

westerngrandstand01307l.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is there a shortage of roofing material in Australia? We never seem to build roofs that actually offer protection from the elements!

Timmah

Staff member
The Eels/Cowboys crowd last year should've been provided with free pillows and blankets. I wouldn't be surprised this year if they brought their own, and even an alarm clock set for fulltime.

Latest posts